Changing Guest Information?

mattio

I have a cruise that sails on December 13 of this year. One of the guests would like to drop out, and I have already completed online check-in. If I have another guest who would like to take their place, can I call Norwegian and have all the information changed over to the new guest, even though the cruise is just 18 days away? I have already had to do this once, but this was prior to final payment.

Thanks

I have a cruise that sails on December 13 of this year. One of the guests would like to drop out, and I have already completed online check-in. If I have another guest who would like to take their place, can I call Norwegian and have all the information changed over to the new guest, even though the cruise is just 18 days away? I have already had to do this once, but this was prior to final payment.

Thanks

Sadly you won't be able to change her information it will count as a cancellation

Even if it's as simple as changing name, birth date, and address?

How much is the cancellation fee?

NCL sees it as cancelling one person and booking another, not just a name change.

I hope the person cancelling has cruise insurance that would cover their reason for cancelling since if you look at the cancellation schedule they'd lose most of the cruise cost. They'd get back port fees, but that's about all.

It's like the airlines -- one person cannot use another person's ticket. It's not just a name change but a different reservation.

NCL will typically permit name changes to passengers on bookings until 48hrs prior in my experience, provided that at least ONE of the ORIGINALLY booked passengers is still sailing they do not consider it a cancel/rebook - It never hurts to call them or your TA and inquire if it can be done.

That is not correct - However nobody here can say for certain what NCL may or may not do best bet is to call them directly

Edited by bnorris10

Okay, so it's possible they could do it for free.

Assuming it isn't though, I understand that I would be forfeiting the cruise fare? What if the cruise fare is $850 for guests 1 and 2, but only $125 for guest 3.

The order of the guests has mattered due to the UBP promo. If guest 2 is the one being changed, could I switch guest 2 to 3, then change the guest name and only forfeit $125 instead of $850? Then switch guest 3 back to 2 afterwards?

Assuming it isn't though, I understand that I would be forfeiting the cruise fare? What if the cruise fare is $850 for guests 1 and 2, but only $125 for guest 3.

The order of the guests has mattered due to the UBP promo. If guest 2 is the one being changed, could I switch guest 2 to 3, then change the guest name and only forfeit $125 instead of $850? Then switch guest 3 back to 2 afterwards?

Not likely!! You can try, all they say is no. Be ready to pay the $850 and then whatever they want for the new guest. Cruise insurance is your friend!

HAHA yah no they are not gonna let you do that - that is a lovely thought though

That is not correct - However nobody here can say for certain what NCL may or may not do best bet is to call them directly

I work with NCL on a daily basis and have ge rally found them accommodating on name changes. The main caveat has always been that at least ONE of the ORIGINALLY booked guests must remain on the reservation. At least that is my experience as an agent.

Thought I would provide an update since I received varying answers. Norwegian will allow us to change names up to 1 day before the cruise sails for free.

Yes, with the restriction already mentioned above: one of the main passengers (1st and 2nd) must not change.

Thought I would provide an update since I received varying answers. Norwegian will allow us to change names up to 1 day before the cruise sails for free.

Great! And kind of you to come back and let everyone know the outcome. Also nice for AtlantaCruiser, he did know what he was talking about :)

Great news. Thanks for letting us know.

So, did you do a name change?