Final Payment on 11/30, price dropped $1000 today - NCL is CLOSED

Island_Chica

I checked fares this AM for giggles, and noticed our price had gone down over $1000. Final payment not due until Monday and NCL is closed for the holiday. Should I book another cabin today and cancel our other one tomorrow? Will it let me book another cabin for the same passengers?

Should I book another cabin today and cancel our other one tomorrow? Will it let me book another cabin for the same passengers?
I would go on-line and put a courtesy hold on a second cabin in the same category. I don't know if it will accept the same names, if not just put in your dog and cat's names (but not their birthdates) :p

I would go on-line and put a courtesy hold on a second cabin in the same category. I don't know if it will accept the same names, if not just put in your dog and cat's names (but not their birthdates) :p

Yah what they said this way the cabin you want is not sold off to someone else

I checked fares this AM for giggles, and noticed our price had gone down over $1000. Final payment not due until Monday and NCL is closed for the holiday. Should I book another cabin today and cancel our other one tomorrow? Will it let me book another cabin for the same passengers?

It depends upon how the promos stack up for when you originally booked and what is being offered now.

If they are comparable, make a new reservation at the lower price and just cancel the other (yes you will be able to do). If you got a much better promo deal, than try and make the phone call tomorrow and see what you can get.

I'd try to book another cabin, Hold if possible, if not then book it. Also maybe screen shot everything and contact NCL as soon as they open. If you have a PCC, maybe call and leave a message and also send and email. I'd cover as many bases as possible to save $1000

I thought a TA could never offer a price lower than the cruise line????? A TA can offer perks but not lower price.

Sure they can, however there are restrictions about how they can advertise the lower prices. My TA has always given us about 10% of the total price as OBC and/or discount (usually a mix of both).

I must have missed the post where Island _Chica said everything worked out. ??

LOL you're right, it's gone! Well, she said she got it all worked out and will cancel her other booking tomorrow if I recall correctly. Oh, I get it now, the OP mentioned a TA, I guess that's why it disappeared. Anyway, yes, she's happy it worked out exactly as she wanted.

This thread does seem strange now though, doesn't it :)

I must have missed the post where Island _Chica said everything worked out. ??

Actually, it looks like her post may have been removed. She did mention a travel agency. Got a deal for close to $1000 less than her original booking. so rebooked with said agency

Oh gosh I did not realize I could not mention large agencies. Yes I did book another cabin. Turns out the agency had a better rate than NCL direct, more onboard credit and two offers instead of one. We will cancel with ncl tomorrow. Saved us about $1200 when you factor in rate savings, OBC and dining package. It was a real no brainer.

Edited by Island_Chica

LOL you're right, it's gone! Well, she said she got it all worked out and will cancel her other booking tomorrow if I recall correctly. Oh, I get it now, the OP mentioned a TA, I guess that's why it disappeared. Anyway, yes, she's happy it worked out exactly as she wanted.

This thread does seem strange now though, doesn't it :)

Actually, it looks like her post may have been removed. She did mention a travel agency. Got a deal for close to $1000 less than her original booking. so rebooked with said agency

Thank you for letting me know. Glad for the happy ending.