Best cruise line in Australia/ New Zealand?

Esilef

the further away from Australia you get the better Princess is

Funny you should say that, because we find that to be true for our experiences also...

Anyway - 1 x vote for Princess again (grand glass, not sun class...don't hate me) :D

Although Celebrity comes in a close second, and I am still yet to try a Crystal cruise, still on my bucket list....I may yet have a new winner....

Funny you should say that, because we find that to be true for our experiences also...

Anyway - 1 x vote for Princess again (grand glass, not sun class...don't hate me) :D

Although Celebrity comes in a close second, and I am still yet to try a Crystal cruise, still on my bucket list....I may yet have a new winner....

Possibly distinguishing between Princess Australia and Princess International.

Then again the further away from Australia you get the better Princess is.

Funny you should say that, because we find that to be true for our experiences also....

Its the same with any cruise line....

The service always improves for passengers who tip...;)

The service always improves for passengers who tip...;)

People have preconceived ideas about others and Aussies have a reputation of not tipping. This can affect service although luckily in my experience (because we tip) it hasn't as yet.:D

I would certainly agree that the standards on the 'American Princess Ships' are higher than on the Sun/Dawn/Sea Princesses and I have been on most of them, well, Sun/Dawn Princesses and Ruby/Crown/Golden/Star/Pacific/Regal/Diamond/Coral Princesses, might have missed one or two.

Of course the North Americans are more likely to tip than the Aussies, the North Americans are 'born to tip', it is their culture.

I would certainly agree that the standards on the 'American Princess Ships' are higher than on the Sun/Dawn/Sea Princesses and I have been on most of them, well, Sun/Dawn Princesses and Ruby/Crown/Golden/Star/Pacific/Regal/Diamond/Coral Princesses, might have missed one or two.

Of course the North Americans are more likely to tip than the Aussies, the North Americans are 'born to tip', it is their culture.

So, will have American new born babies tipping the midwives on exit in the future.:p

I am still yet to try a Crystal cruise, still on my bucket list....I may yet have a new winner....

If Crystal are eligible (being only an annual visitor for usually only one or two cruises I'm not sure they qualify) they would be the winner in my opinion. To be fair they are a 6 Star All Inclusive line (which you pay a premium for) so comparison to other lines like Princess or Celebrity is a mismatch

Lanwood - I hope you take the opportunity to experience Crystal at some point - rest assured you will become Crystalized

Sorry Uncle Les, but I'm not sure they use "Come back New" anymore, every piece of paper Mrs GUT saw with that was changed by crossing out "New" and writing in "Fat".

Sems that might be the new slogan.

I can see it now. In their commercials happy models running up the gang way onto the ship and then they show them on board eating & drinking. Cut to end of commercial and the crew roll the same models in fat suits down the gang way.

The background music could be the Oompa Loompa music from Charlie & the chocolate factory.

I can see it now. In their commercials happy models running up the gang way onto the ship and then they show them on board eating & drinking. Cut to end of commercial and the crew roll the same models in fat suits down the gang way.

The background music could be the Oompa Loompa music from Charlie & the chocolate factory.

lol, :D

They would not need the suits if they really did a cruise.:eek:

Then they slap them on the arse.....

So the new Princess slogan is 'Escape to the Horizon Court and Come Back Fat.' I like it.

Mrs Gut says it's not HC's fault, t's the bakery and maybe the Trident Grill, she assures me it wasn't her's.

Mrs Gut says it's not HC's fault, t's the bakery and maybe the Trident Grill, she assures me it wasn't her's.

No mate not the HC or the ship's bakers delights, it is the ship's LAUNDRY that shrinks your cruise clothes LOL.

No mate not the HC or the ship's bakers delights, it is the ship's LAUNDRY that shrinks your cruise clothes LOL.

No uncle Les it's a well known fact that it's sea air, hen when you get one he molecules jump immediately to the clothes you didn't take with you.