Is Caribbean Princess going to be late into Houston this morning?

StLouisCruisers

From my understanding they are waiting till dry dock to fix it, next month. (Just got off the ship this morning.)

Normally I wouldn't have add d to this old thread, but is the CB going to dry dock next month? We had heard she wasn't due until spring of 2017, after our cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was at the navigation talk Friday. The senior bridge officer who conducted the talk, was asked when the CB was scheduled for dry dock. The answer was 2017 for 9 days.

Now perhaps with the generator problem (although we were running at 20 knots Friday and Saturday) I don't know if they are going to accelerate the dry dock. Looking at the posted schedule, there are no open holes before we board the CB in Southampton in September for the TA back to NYC.

At the navigation class on Friday, the bridge officer did comment on the generator problem and said that sometimes it can be quite difficult to fix. However the CB has 6 generators for electricity for the ship operations and to propel the ship. I would say that it is not that big of a problem since we were running between 18 and 20 knots which is near top speed.

The CB is bound for Coz right now.

Normally I wouldn't have add d to this old thread, but is the CB going to dry dock next month? We had heard she wasn't due until spring of 2017, after our cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We misunderstood, thought it was this March, yikes, you are correct.

https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/ships/fleet-drydock-schedule

We went to the Senior Officer's navigational talk 2 weeks ago. We were on the first Eastern Caribbean itinerary that was forced to miss Princess Cays due to the generator problem and wind issues. He very clearly stated that work on the generator would be done while underway, not during a dry dock. He said it was a major repair, and could take a week or more. Clearly, it has taken more than a week.

Regarding the 20 Mar 2016 sailing from Bayport, Houston, the weather should be GREAT!!! No fog/weather delays for the area expected UNLESS you are driving to the port from the EAST on I-10 which is still closed due to flooding.

Looks like the weather Gods are going to be good to us this trip! :)

Anyone driving to the port needs to be aware of the Bay Area Blvd bridge over I45 is closed as they are re-working the bridge/roadway.

BAY AREA BLVD

DESCRIPTION Eastbound and westbound Frontage Road at IH-45 GULF FREEWAY. Total Closure. Closed until further notice. The Bay Area Blvd. intersection will be closed until June 2016. Southbound that want to access Bay Area west will need to exit Nasa Parkway and u-turn stay on the frontage road and turn right onto Bay Area Blvd. Northbound that want to access Bay Area east will need to exit El Dorado and turn, stay on the frontage road and turn right to access Bay Area Blvd. .

START DATE 2/26/2016