Is Caribbean Princess going to be late into Houston this morning?

StLouisCruisers

I'm looking at Caribbean Princess bridge cam and cruise ship tracking sites this morning and it seems she is just sitting still outside the opening to Houston's harbor. Does anyone know what is happening there? Word from a guest on ship? My DD is on the Caribbean Princess but probably doesn't have internet access.

I appreciate any help on this.

I'm looking at Caribbean Princess bridge cam and cruise ship tracking sites this morning and it seems she is just sitting still outside the opening to Houston's harbor. Does anyone know what is happening there? Word from a guest on ship? My DD is on the Caribbean Princess but probably doesn't have internet access.

I appreciate any help on this.

I looked at marine traffic, and many, many ships at pilot station.

Here is the web cam for the terminal.

http://www.portofhouston.com/cruise-information/live-cruise-terminal-cam/

At the moment, looks foggy to me.

Houston lives down to it's reputation.

Time to rebook those flights!!!

Thank you.

I just got a text from her that they can't move until it clears up, and are still 3 1/2 hours from Houston. It could be an hour or three or a DAY she says!

I was afraid of this when she picked this cruise instead of the Regal out of Ft. Lauderdale for Thanksgiving week. Her flight is at 1:35 pm out of IAH so I hope she can arrange something later, though who knows when to book it? Tomorrow?

Edited by StLouisCruisers

Interesting note that most cruise ships have the ability to sail in no visibility but it's the port authority that restricts the movement. We we sailed out of Houston about a year ago the fog was so bad the ship was 5 hours late arriving and we didn't leave until the next day at almost noon. The fog hadn't really improved but the PA relented and let us leave due to the ability of the ship to safely navigate in these conditions.

Interesting note that most cruise ships have the ability to sail in no visibility but it's the port authority that restricts the movement. We we sailed out of Houston about a year ago the fog was so bad the ship was 5 hours late arriving and we didn't leave until the next day at almost noon. The fog hadn't really improved but the PA relented and let us leave due to the ability of the ship to safely navigate in these conditions.

It is the Pilot that will not bring the ship in. Cruise ships have to have a pilot bring them into port. If the Pilot will not bring it in, then the ship will not come in. When cruise lines say it is to foggy so the port is closed it is actually the pilot that will not bring the ship in. The port has to be closed by the Coast Guard and is only done in extreme weather conditions such as a hurricane.

Edited by cruiser fanatic

As if things weren't bad enough for the people on the ship and those waiting at the cruise terminal, it looks like the Caribbean Princess is now headed to Southampton UK!!! (according to the ship web cam on the Princess page) :)

We are still anchored outside Galveston. Still very foggy and the bay is closed. The captain is hopping for a window to get into port midday and the forecast is for more fog tonight.

If we get into port I doubt the ship will get out again tonight.

As if things weren't bad enough for the people on the ship and those waiting at the cruise terminal, it looks like the Caribbean Princess is now headed to Southampton UK!!! (according to the ship web cam on the Princess page) :)

...And the date stamp for the Bridgecam screenshot is August 26, 2015. I can only assume that the ship's new Captain is none other than...

latest?cb=20150823032635

Good luck to everyone on board! The same thing happened to us in February and we ended up missing our 3:30 flight from IAH. United did not charge us a change fee but we did our rebooking at the airport and they might have been a tad more sympathetic than the phone reps.

This happened to us in Galveston a few years ago and it was about 3:30 when we disembarked. For those of us local and hoping to depart today, please keep us posted as to when you start moving again. Hoping for the fog to lift soon!

It happened to us, too. The only good thing about the delay was we got to spend more time with my great sister-in-law and her

husband.:D

The first port is Grand Cayman on Wednesday. I really really really don't want to miss the port. REALLY.

We have had several fog delays. The first one we did not depart until 3:45am the next morning and we only arrived 1 hr late to port. They extended our time there to make up for it. The second time we had fog we departed at 9pm and arrived at the first port right on time.