Is Caribbean Princess going to be late into Houston this morning?

StLouisCruisers

We are also currently onboard. Just having to treat this as a sea day. But a fairly chilly one. Still not moving. Visibility does look a little better on this end, but that isn't saying much. WhIle I hope we get to the terminal sometime today, I am somewhat doubtful that the next cruise will be leaving today. The captain said we are first in line, but there are quite a few ships around us just bobbing up and down in the water.

Bennett of

Bennett and Debbie

On another note, this does give security extra to find JCastle"s bottle of Fireball. (unless he is drinking it to pass the time...).

Sorry to hear about all those who are missing connections on both ends. Hopefully the fog will lift soon.

Just curious, For those who purchased beverage packages (like us in three weeks). Do they credit you if you miss the first day? Do they open the bars and honor the package if your last day is extended?

Flew through Houston this morning. What a dreary day!

On the bright side I'm in Nicaragua now and the weather is PERFECT!

Just curious, For those who purchased beverage packages (like us in three weeks). Do they credit you if you miss the first day? Do they open the bars and honor the package if your last day is extended?

Flew through Houston this morning. What a dreary day!

On the bright side I'm in Nicaragua now and the weather is PERFECT!

The bars are open, and they are honoring my Coke card.

Bennett of

Bennett and Debbie

It is now shortly after 3:00pm and we are still at anchor, 3.5-4 hrs from docking. We have good visibility here but they say the channel is still closed due to fog. If we leave now, which we aren't, that would have us arriving around 7pm. The captain has been mentioning a window of time that ends at 6 pm. I think there's a fair chance we will stay the night here.....😑

FWIW

Been following this thread. We were on the CB 23 days on its TA crossing in September. We were unable to dock in St. John Newfoundland due to bad weather. Strong winds and heavy seas. Everyone made the best of it as we had another sea day prior to reaching Halifax. We did make it to Brooklyn on time:)

We always take the travel insurance and Princess EZ Air just in case of any unforeseen circumstances such as this.

Good luck to everyone

Howard

But no one has their luggage, right???? And if you are at the terminal, I wonder how long I would wait until I made arrangements for a hotel, or will Princess do that for you?? This is not a huge problem for those who can drive to the port, but for those who flew in? Ugh....I feel for all of you!

We were on the Emerald Princess for the first Princess sailing out of the Houston Port and we were delayed on our departure. We are booked on the Caribbean for the last 7 day sailing out of Houston in April. We love Princess and we are going to miss a Princess ship being so close for us, but it really is a pain sailing out of the Bayport terminal.

Good luck and the updates from the ship are very much appreciated!

Thanks,

OK, I guess it's time to ask the question. If we can't board until tomorrow, will we receive a rebate of some sort on our cruise fare? Anyone have an experience where boarding was delayed by 24 hours? How did Princess handle it?

If you miss a day, they will refund you 1 day of your cruise fare. They possibly will add an onboard credit or a future cruise discount. They will also refund port taxes in the event a port has to be skipped. When we were on Carnival a few years ago, we boarded at 8:00PM due to a fog delay and they gave us a $15 credit per person to cover lunch.

While fog is common in Houston, the problem this time seems to be caused by a mostly stalled cool front over the Houston area, unfortunately the weather forecast calls for more of the same for the next 2-3 days, so if they don't make it in today, tomorrow may be a repeat of today.

Got off the phone with the Princess Insurance carriers. They were informed that the ship is not getting in tonight, and that they will be hopefully getting in late tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Have clients on the ship, and as their TA was checking for them. If you are waiting to get on the ship, and have Princess Insurance, get a hotel and the cost of that, plus the transportation to the ship will be covered. If you do not have insurance, I can not tell you what will happen.

The new # for status updates is 866 246 6161