Looking for Hotel

housecruiser86

I did not find any with airport shuttles offered. I'm sure they exist, but we'll be just as happy to grab a cab and pay less for the hotel. We were able to book a family suite with separate bedrooms for about €150 per night within walking distance to Las Ramblas.

Next cruise: Carnival Vista - July 2016

We booked our 2 night pre-cruise stay at Hotel Continental on Las Ramblas. Our rate per night is 136 Euros. It doesn't have shuttle from the airport, but it was the best price I could find for the location we wanted. It's a bit of a boutique hotel and although it may not appear to me much, the reviews are very consistent in favor of it being a positive experience.

I did not find any with airport shuttles offered. I'm sure they exist, but we'll be just as happy to grab a cab and pay less for the hotel. We were able to book a family suite with separate bedrooms for about €150 per night within walking distance to Las Ramblas.

Next cruise: Carnival Vista - July 2016

Which hotel did u use

We rented a 4 bedroom apartment right in Barcelona for the few days before the cruise. Much cheaper than a hotel. We went on the Home Away site.

This is what we did. We got a 1 bedroom apartment with a large terrace balcony that overlooks Las Ramblas.

Hi this is my first cruise in Europe and im looking for not very expensive hotel in barcelona for sept 29 to oct 1 and if possible a shuttle to the port

Here is a link to the ports of Spain board which has many hotel choices made by CC members. As far as a transfer to the port, if you stay on Las Rambla to port is not very far away and a cab works and is not to expensive.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596

I have stayed at the Royal Ramblas and it is wonderful. I don't believe it is in your budget but I will also recommend the Hotel Continental which is a fine boutique hotel and in fact we are staying there in 2016.

I also booked Hotel Continental on Las Ramblas. There has been a price drop since I booked, so I have written them a second time to see if they will honor it. If not, I will just cancel and rebook. I like the idea of free beer, wine and a small buffet.

I will also be there for 3 nights prior to the Oct. 1 cruise. I haven't been to Barcelona, so this should give me some time to see the sites.

Edited by crzndeb

We stayed at the Hotel Continental in 2012 and will be staying there again in 2016.The price is reasonable and you are right in the middle of the action.I love to sit on my balcony overlooking Las Ramblas. The taxi to the port was only about 10 euro for 4 people to the port. Don't bother with a shuttle as the cab fares are set from the airport.I think they are about 30 euro.