Problems connecting MacBook Pro on Indy. Help?!

Have never had problems before but for some reason can't connect. Wifi shows connected but can't even get to log in prompt.

Just curious if anyone has experience with this. On iPhone now and am not a fan of browsing on my phone! Guest services was zero help and concluded that it was my version of OSX (Yosemite 10.10.5) that was the problem. I'm skeptical about that! lol

Thanks for any input!!!

I had heard that on some ships people with iPads that had updated to (9.1?) were having problems logging on. I'm not familiar with the MacBook but if it is similar to the iPad try going into settings and click on the Indy connection. When that comes up click on "forget this network" and try again. If that does not work you will have to go to Guest Services and hopefully they will know the solution.

Thanks for the reply. Have tried about everything and still no go...hoping someone at guest services has a better understanding at a later time, until then, I'll keep checking here! Makes no sense to me. Shows connected to Royal Wifi but dead end there! On pool deck now on the iPhone so I guess it could be worse all things considered! lol

We ended up getting credit for most of our internet package on Indy because connectivity on our iPads was deplorable. By the 5th day of the cruise, guest services finally told us "internet demand on this cruise has exceeded the capability of the sever". Maybe the suggestions others have provided will help but I wouldn't count on it. Sorry.

Try this, go to network settings, click the advanced button, select TCP/IP, then renew DHCP lease.

Will give that a try in a bit. Thanks for the suggestion!! Almost afraid to log off my phone again as it has been working well for the most part....really need my Mac. Hate using the phone! Not used to it at all and its just not for me except for a little texting. Even prefer to txt on Mac if I can! lol

The longer I'm without it the more I remember I need to do too!

Will give that a try in a bit. Thanks for the suggestion!! Almost afraid to log off my phone again as it has been working well for the most part....really need my Mac. Hate using the phone! Not used to it at all and its just not for me except for a little texting. Even prefer to txt on Mac if I can! lol

The longer I'm without it the more I remember I need to do too!

Another thing to try is in the same network settings under Wifi remove the Royal Caribbean WiFi network and then join it again.

Still nada and having a hard time finding any compassion or help onboard. To make matters even worse, we're beginning to amass a lot of other things we're not happy about! Not seeing why I became loyal to royal at all so far...if I can find one person who acts like they care that would be s start! lol

Sometimes Macs are finicky with the login. The only thing I can say is delete the network, reboot, and try again. Connect to the network and try again. Make sure there are no apps in the dock that are trying to connect. It would be nice if a crew member could help out, but I think it's probably a little much to expect them to be able to fix everyone's device with a byod service.

I used a MacBook Pro with that same version 2 weeks ago on Allure. It worked great. I did have to occasionally restart the computer when logoff.com didn't work. Have you been able to connect and not anymore or not able to connect at all from laptop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone with Mac recently cruised Indy and had this problem? Or conversly, MacBook worked just fine?

Thanks much!

When I went in Jan. there was no trouble connecting w/MacBook, but no speed records were set.

Edited by MichaelCMTX

Still a no go. I've NEVER been able to use the MBP on this cruise to answer a question above.It shows I'm connected to royal wifi but that's it! I never get prompted for user name and password and can't browse, iMessage or squat!

I need my Mac dang it! Have a LOT of things that need done that are pretty tough to do without it. Seems like I'm whining I'm sure but it is what it is!

Thanks again for all the feedback and ideas folks! Much appreciated! Maybe we'll get this thing conquered yet! :). I really feel like it's got to be something simple but no dice yet. Lack of anyone on board acting like they care is just salt in a pretty big wound..

Still a no go. I've NEVER been able to use the MBP on this cruise to answer a question above.It shows I'm connected to royal wifi but that's it! I never get prompted for user name and password and can't browse, iMessage or squat!

I need my Mac dang it! Have a LOT of things that need done that are pretty tough to do without it. Seems like I'm whining I'm sure but it is what it is!

Thanks again for all the feedback and ideas folks! Much appreciated! Maybe we'll get this thing conquered yet! :). I really feel like it's got to be something simple but no dice yet. Lack of anyone on board acting like they care is just salt in a pretty big wound..

Try asking to speak to the IT manager. They have to have seen this problem before.

You do need to talk to the IT person. Does Indy have an Internet Cafe? As has been said they might have seen this issue before. There might even be something on their server that needs to be reset. I had that happen once.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515