VOOM questions

retdon

We got VOOM as a perk in the latest offer and I am wanting to know about it. What type of connection, how much time, can I use my wireless tablet in the cabin, is it 24 hour access, any thing else about it. We are on FOS...Thanks

We got VOOM as a perk in the latest offer and I am wanting to know about it. What type of connection, how much time, can I use my wireless tablet in the cabin, is it 24 hour access, any thing else about it. We are on FOS...Thanks

It's a wireless internet connection, unlimited, available all over the ship, 24 hours. One device logged in at a time.

So, you can use any device, only one at a time? What I mean to ask is, you don't just register one particular device that will be used? We are looking at the 2 devices. I need to be able to communicate with my kids while onboard. They are in the teen program so can come and go as they please. Will Skype work for texting between the two devices?

So, you can use any device, only one at a time? What I mean to ask is, you don't just register one particular device that will be used? We are looking at the 2 devices. I need to be able to communicate with my kids while onboard. They are in the teen program so can come and go as they please. Will Skype work for texting between the two devices?

You don't "register" devices, you just log-in on a device and log-out when you are done using that device. You can use any number of different devices, but only one device can be logged in at a time.

While the package offered is the one device package you may be able to upgrade to the 2 device package once on board by paying the difference in price.

You don't "register" devices, you just log-in on a device and log-out when you are done using that device. You can use any number of different devices, but only one device can be logged in at a time.

To clarify, you can use 2 devices at the same time if purchasing the 2 device package. It does not need to be the same 2 devices being used during the cruise.

We purchased a one device package this past week on the Oasis but both my husband and I were able to stay logged into our phones the entire time. The speed was amazing. I never measured it yet, but we were able to do Facebook calls that were clear as a bell.

We purchased a one device package this past week on the Oasis but both my husband and I were able to stay logged into our phones the entire time. The speed was amazing. I never measured it yet, but we were able to do Facebook calls that were clear as a bell.

I would not depend on this being possible all the time, or on other ships. We've had just the opposite situation where we try to log in and get an error message saying that another device has to be logged out before we can connect.

I would not depend on this being possible all the time, or on other ships. We've had just the opposite situation where we try to log in and get an error message saying that another device has to be logged out before we can connect.

I completely agree - I think it was just a fluke.

I completely agree - I think it was just a fluke.

No fluke for me on the Allure TA. 12 nights of multi-device usage on the single package.

Schhhh, don't tell RC IT.

I'm on the Oasis as we speak. The deal for the 2 device package is buy the first at 15 a day and get the 2nd at 50 pct off. You'd subtract any discounts from that price. It's the fastest internet I've ever had on any cruise.