Allure mama Mia show

I am a huge fan of Broadway. Booked a cruise on Allure again just to see the show last month. It was the best show we've ever seen on a ship and one of the best that we've ever seen on Broadway. We went two nights in a row!

Hey all I am down to 120 days until our Allure trip. I was looking at the shows that we can pre book and noticed that the mama Mia show is 2 1/2 hours. Is it a good show and worth seeing? Any insight would be great.

It is a great show- good music all ages will enjoy. CATS on the Oasis is a stinker. Didn't like it on Broadway- so glad that it isn't on the Allure. We will Mama Mia for the fourth time on the Allure in a few weeks.

Hey all I am down to 120 days until our Allure trip. I was looking at the shows that we can pre book and noticed that the mama Mia show is 2 1/2 hours. Is it a good show and worth seeing? Any insight would be great.

I've seen it 23 times to date (our Allure cruise will make 24) so I happen to think it's worth seeing :D

It's a fun silly show...with great catchy music and you walk out singing. (And I never even liked Abba before). I even got my 6 year old into it (the actual story of 3 possible dads goes over her head).

It's a Broadway musical so I guess you would need to like that kind of thing. But you can give it a try and leave at intermission if it's not for you.

Edited by LuCruise

We were on the Q twice and DH saw/enjoyed the show twice...He even commented that he enjoyed it the second time a little better!

The time went quickly...it did not seem like 2 1/2 hours!

I'm pretty much in agreement - I loved it. I've seen it multiple times on tour and the Allure production was better than the last touring group I saw. I also enjoy the movie. Bit, in general, I like Abba music. I actually went back the next day and caught the rest of the show after intermission. Oh! And I had a first row seat, that would have cost $150-$250+ at home.

Now, it is arguably a girl thing. Yes, some men may enjoy it (I had the pleasure of sitting next to one such man and we were dancing like crazy together at the end of the show.) However, the woman behind us draaaagggged her hubby and he was clearly hating it.

I'm pretty much in agreement - I loved it. I've seen it multiple times on tour and the Allure production was better than the last touring group I saw. I also enjoy the movie. Bit, in general, I like Abba music. I actually went back the next day and caught the rest of the show after intermission. Oh! And I had a first row seat, that would have cost $150-$250+ at home.

Now, it is arguably a girl thing. Yes, some men may enjoy it (I had the pleasure of sitting next to one such man and we were dancing like crazy together at the end of the show.) However, the woman behind us draaaagggged her hubby and he was clearly hating it.

Totally agree. The cost to see it with good seats is crazy. Such a bonus it's part of Allure. If scheduling worked, I'd even go more than once , but then I would miss other things on the cruise. Lucky you could go 1.5 times. :D

And yeah...my DH liked it...the first time, but certainly wasn't running to see it again like me.

Hi Alter Ego...can I ask what time you went to the theatre to get front row seat? That's my hope too so am trying to figure out how early to head over to the theatre. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Alter Ego...can I ask what time you went to the theatre to get front row seat? That's my hope too so am trying to figure out how early to head over to the theatre. Thanks.

I was there an hour early - easy to do when traveling alone. But, this wasn't an average cruise - this was the two night sampler and the shows were kind of empty. In fact, they were letting people in with no reservation the same time I walked in because they knew they had so much space.

I was there an hour early - easy to do when traveling alone. But, this wasn't an average cruise - this was the two night sampler and the shows were kind of empty. In fact, they were letting people in with no reservation the same time I walked in because they knew they had so much space.

Thanks for getting back to me. That's neat that they had a 2 night sampler cruise. I'm thinking of lining up 45 - 60 minutes early with my DD so hopefully that will get us close up seat (front row like you would be great).