Costa Maya Lost Mayan Kingdom Water Park Review with Pics

ken4556

Just booked this for the 4 of us for January 2017. This looks like a blast with both the waterpark and the zip lines. We've been to Atlantis and most of the waterparks in Orlando numerous times and this one looks like it will be a lot of fun.

For anyone that's been, what were the food and beverage options available.

Oh, that is pretty cool that RCCL has worked out a deal like that for their passengers. It doesn't give any different options on their website or the Carnival website. Everything is just automatically included. But the price is costly, $89 per adult. I would assume that it wouldn't be an issue to add it once there but may I suggest maybe emailing them to make sure? I am going to email them about guests with us that may not want to participate in everything but wanted to be in the park with us, to see if there might have been a different ticket for them. I have some people with us who do not and will not do the zip line side. Sounds like there might be some different types of tickets if RCCL has this option offered.:)

• 5 months later...
NCL site shows a price of $179.00 for all adults! That is double the $89 price on the Park website. What advantage is the NCL purchase??!!

Hmm I just checked the NCL website and it says $99 for adult. Maybe you got that price for 2 adults? When I was there last month it was $89.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

We visited the Lost Mayan Kingdom in Jun 2016 from a NCL cruise (getaway). The family and kids loved it. We walked to the entrance, about 5-10 min walk thinking we could get cheaper tickets but it was the same price ~89 and a little cheaper for kids. When you walk up to the entrance and the whole park, it reminds me of a disney park. Very detailed high end decor to match the jungle adventure feeling. Our kids are 7 and 8 boys and they had no fear doing all the giant water slides and all the zip lines a few times. It was all of ours first times zip lining and it was great. I am not aware of any place that you can zip line all day for a price like that. The water park is also unique due to an elevator that takes you to the top of the tower to do the water slides and zip lines. That saves you so your not tired after an hour or two of doing steps like a normal water park. Also no lines as most days only one ship is at port.

We are planning our next cruise for Easter and trying to find another cruise that visits Costa Maya again so we can do it again, it was that good.

• 3 weeks later...
We visited the Lost Mayan Kingdom in Jun 2016 from a NCL cruise (getaway). The family and kids loved it. We walked to the entrance, about 5-10 min walk thinking we could get cheaper tickets but it was the same price ~89 and a little cheaper for kids. When you walk up to the entrance and the whole park, it reminds me of a disney park. Very detailed high end decor to match the jungle adventure feeling. Our kids are 7 and 8 boys and they had no fear doing all the giant water slides and all the zip lines a few times. It was all of ours first times zip lining and it was great. I am not aware of any place that you can zip line all day for a price like that. The water park is also unique due to an elevator that takes you to the top of the tower to do the water slides and zip lines. That saves you so your not tired after an hour or two of doing steps like a normal water park. Also no lines as most days only one ship is at port.

We are planning our next cruise for Easter and trying to find another cruise that visits Costa Maya again so we can do it again, it was that good.

Was there anything your kid couldn't do because of age or size? I have a 8 year old that is tall but only 55 lbs and a 10 year old that is 51 inches tall and about 65 lbs. My 10 year old is fearless and is REALLY tired to not being big enough, to the point that we don't go if there are many things he can not do. I can't find the minimum height and weight requirements, do you happen to remember?

• 4 weeks later...
Was there anything your kid couldn't do because of age or size? I have a 8 year old that is tall but only 55 lbs and a 10 year old that is 51 inches tall and about 65 lbs. My 10 year old is fearless and is REALLY tired to not being big enough, to the point that we don't go if there are many things he can not do. I can't find the minimum height and weight requirements, do you happen to remember?

Is there a place for small kiddos? 3-5 year olds?

Is there a place for small kiddos? 3-5 year olds?

Yes there is a place for small kids, it has smaller slides, sprayers, dump bucket, etc. Pretty neat, even my 11 year old checked it out.

She was about 59" when we went, no restrictions. I saw real small kids doing the zip lines and I think most water slides were minimum of around 48" maybe? We didn't do them all so I can't remember all of them. I would email them and ask.

I am going to be hosting a couple from France next time we go. Are women allowed to sunbath topless there? Also, are kids required to have tops? I only ask this because last time we were in Cap d’Agde, Languedoc visiting them Annette said that she and her daughter didn't own a top.... admittedly that town is pretty liberal with nudity laws. Her daughter is like 4 years old so that is pretty normal, but I should let them know before they come.

I am going to be hosting a couple from France next time we go. Are women allowed to sunbath topless there? Also, are kids required to have tops? I only ask this because last time we were in Cap d’Agde, Languedoc visiting them Annette said that she and her daughter didn't own a top.... admittedly that town is pretty liberal with nudity laws. Her daughter is like 4 years old so that is pretty normal, but I should let them know before they come.

Hmmm I would check the rules on their website. But I would say no that is not really acceptable in the US or Mexico from my travels. At least I have never seen it, it would most likely cause a problem.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know what the weight limit is for the ziplines or zip coaster? Also is it true that there is an elevator that brings you to the top of the slides and the zips? Thanks.

Yes there is an elevator. I can't remember the weight limit but i think it was pretty high. You should email them to check.

• 6 months later...