Expandable bag with wheels

Iceberg2

Is this bag available on the Regal - Its starts off from a small size nylon and has zippers to increase the size and the price. I will need another bag to come home and have seen these over the years and never bought it.

Thank you.

I've seen them on many ships, including Princess', and people buying them to handle excess items they have purchased, etc. We bought one ages ago on a HAL ship - it really didn't withstand the baggage handling by the airlines and fell apart after two trips. The wheels were junk.

If you can manage one without wheels, look for something you can toss over your larger rolling suit case, then you might consider a heavy duty duffle bag. DH bought one in about ten years ago and we pack it in the outside compartment of one of our larger cases. That bag gets filled with soiled laundry from pre-cruise plans, then we hand carry it onto the ship and get items sent out for cleaning ASAP along with a trip the the ship's laundry room. When we purchase a few extra items as memories of our travels, the bag comes in handy for all the dirty laundry from the cruise so I can use my sturdy large case for selected items and my good clothes. Just a suggestion.....

Darcy

Edited by WatchHill

This is our routine: I purchased a good, lightweight packable duffle with wheels at Walmart. So far, used for 3 cruises without any problems. We arrive at port 1 day earlier, purchase water bottles and a couple of cases of soda that is not on board Princess. We take out the duffle from suitcase, take it with us to the nearest CVS/Rite aide, etc. and fill up the duffle with the water and soda. We then wheel it back to the hotel. The next day when boarding the ship, we check in the duffel along with the suitcases.

At the end of the cruise, if we have any purcases that won't fit into our regular suitcases, we then use the rolling duffel as well. Of course, we need to "suck it up" and pay the extra $35 on Jet Blue (our usual airline) for the extra bag, but oh well. And if we really didn't purchase a lot of stuff on our trip, then the duffel just goes right back in one of our suitcases.

I bought me a Princess duffle bag with wheels with a long handle. I bought it knowing that I would only use it as a tote bag to carry my meds, jewelry and some extra items.

I think that it should only be used as a tote bag that I can use and keep with me instead of having it checked into the ship as luggage with the porters or on airplanes. The main reason is that airlines do a great job of destroying soft duffle bags and also mark them up with black marks.

The bag has enough space to put in my expensive sweather that I don't dare to have my luggage lost or stolen.

I am happy with it.