Caution: Going Going Gone Prices not honored again

For the second time in a few months. The GGG sale prices are not being honored. It is not not a computer glitch but marketing misprints. This weeks sale flyer has 3 Independence of the Seas cruises listed for GS and OS "on sale", but when calling and trying to make a reservation for these, I am told they are not part of the GGG Sale even though the reps acknowledge they are on the flyer. Only JS are available even though there is room availability. The same thing happened a few months ago. I wish someone in Marketing would actually read what they send out.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

gggsale.jpg.0887de0b01df56cec167ef06da552ba6.jpg

Maybe it's just me but when I see 2 different categories listed and only one price I would assume that they mean "from" and the price shown is for the lower category.

They certainly could be clearer though.

All other multiple categories listed ie D1,D3,E3 balconies are on sale for the price quoted on the flyer.

Maybe it's just me but when I see 2 different categories listed and only one price I would assume that they mean "from" and the price shown is for the lower category.

They certainly could be clearer though.

Have previously booked with the GGG promo. The sale had several balcony types listed under one heading E1, E2, D1 etc. I was able to choose from any of the cats. listed. I would think the same should hold true with the JS, GS listing.

Yes, but there is no verbage stating "from".

However, the OS and GS were not reduced at all, so to me that is not on sale,. Being clear on a sale in not a fortay of RC. lol

I think you can say being clear on ANYTHING ...:rolleyes:

All other multiple categories listed ie D1,D3,E3 balconies are on sale for the price quoted on the flyer.

I agree with you about them not being clear but I still see a big difference between 3 different balcony cabins offered for the same price and assuming that an OS and a JS would be the same price but that's just me.

I looked at it. When I see JS, OS on sale, and USD $1049, I would assume that both cabins are being offered at that price. It's not like on the main website that lists the 'from' prices.

I would call back and talk to someone else.

Edited by marci22

I agree with you about them not being clear but I still see a big difference between 3 different balcony cabins offered for the same price and assuming that an OS and a JS would be the same price but that's just me.

They shouldn't have listed them together with one price. It looks like that is the price for both.

I just googled 'going going gone' and the flyer came up. You don't have to log in to see the prices.

Sorry, I was talking about seeing them on the website in order to book. You have to be loggged on to get the GGG rates early for c/a members.

I would call back and try thru Resolutions. Like the others have said on these sales flyers where they list several categories with one price under it is has always meant that you could book any of those for that same price.

Good luck

I looked at it. When I see JS, OS on sale, and USD $1049, I would assume that both cabins are being offered at that price. It's not like on the main website that lists the 'from' prices.

I would call back and talk to someone else.

I agree

I would call back and try thru Resolutions. Like the others have said on these sales flyers where they list several categories with one price under it is has always meant that you could book any of those for that same price.

Good luck

I called Royal this morning before the TA opened to hold a room and they told me there were rooms available but they can't hold them and to have the TA call when it opened.

I called my large TA who tried to get that price and they said royal wasn't going to honor the price. Seems to be on ongoing policy with them. :confused:

Edited by irishgal432

I called Royal this morning before the TA opened to hold a room and they told me there were rooms available but they can't hold them and to have the TA call when it opened.

I called my large TA who tried to get that price and they said royal wasn't going to honor the price. Seems to be on ongoing policy with them. :confused:

Did you have your TA try to go thru the Resolutions Dept?

Also, when checking prices online <whether its cruise, hotel, etc> always remember to clean your cache. Websites know if you have already been there <cookies>and usually the price will go up (this has happened to me many times on hotels and car rentals). Just remember to clean your caches aka history out then check again. This should help.

I just compared to pricing on the Indy for 1/30/16. The price on a Jr Suite is showing up for me at $889. The flyer says $909. Go figure...

Royal Caribbean really needs to get their act together.

:rolleyes: