I need help in regards to MDR and multiple families

Moltar

Can anyone tell me the proper procedure in getting 3 families that are vacationing together to sit together in the MDR. 9 people total. Were looking to do MTD in the MDR. Is there a way to set this up prior to cruising or we just have to talk to the Maitre D once onboard?

Can anyone tell me the proper procedure in getting 3 families that are vacationing together to sit together in the MDR. 9 people total. Were looking to do MTD in the MDR. Is there a way to set this up prior to cruising or we just have to talk to the Maitre D once onboard?

Call whoever booked your cruise and request they link your bookings for dining. Once this is done, you can use the Cruise Planner on Royal's website (assuming dining reservations are open) to reserve a time for everyone in your party. You will need to know the booking numbers of your party.

Edited by clarea

Call whoever booked your cruise and request they link your bookings for dining. Once this is done, you can use the Cruise Planner on Royal's website (assuming dining reservations are open) to reserve a time for everyone in your party. You will need to know the booking numbers of your party.

Thank you Clarea. I do not have the MTD option in the cruise planner. On previous cruises I did, not on this one.

Thank you Clarea. I do not have the MTD option in the cruise planner. On previous cruises I did, not on this one.

If you are sailing in 21 days, then dining reservations should be open by now. I'd call C&A and see if they can help.

Edited by clarea

We have a group of 7 and the consensus that I got was to book in advance as there could be long waits with a group that large if you just showed up. We don't have our bookings linked but there was a spot when making the reservations online to add the booking numbers and then their names showed up and were included in our dining reservation.

You may want to try this. It may only apply to Oasis class but here the story.

You may not have to call and link the reservations. I went into the booking dashboard for a upcoming Allure cruise. (I may leave out a few steps.)

I opened the reservation.

I opened cruise planner.

I clicked Get Started.

I clicked Dining under Explore the possibilities.

I clicked Plan all Dining.

Note: I had previously made reservations for wife and I so these showed up.

Under a night I had already reserved a night in the MDR, there was a + Select Guests. When I clicked this, I got the following:

"It's easy to add guests in another stateroom to your own Cruise Planner reservations, whether it's for dinner, shore excursions, or a cupcake decorating class. All you need to link your reservations is their cruise booking number and the last name of the primary guest. Please note: Space is subject to availability. If the guests you would like to add to your Cruise Planner reservation have a scheduling conflict, you will have to remove them if you want to complete your reservation. Alternately, they will have to change or cancel their existing plans in order for you to complete your reservation."

It looks like you might be able to make these reservations on the website.

Try it and let us know.

Our recent cruise, I had set our time for 3 of us for MTD, two other couples wanted to join us so we all showed up at the same time. I indicated that there were two additional couples and we were seated together, then arranged for the same table and waitstaff for remainder of our cruise with the Maitre'd. I was unable to link one of the couples but this may have been due to a Group Booking # but they joined us anyway.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Just yesterday I made reservations for 6 of us on Serenade for March, 2016. Our reservations weren't linked. I asked our friends for their booking #, logged in online to view our reservations, clicked on the reservation, scrolled down to where it shows "Cruise Planner"; next to dinner, clicked on add.

Just follow the prompts

Select your names, click "same people each night" (or something like that); Add from another reservation, put in their last name, booking #, find......select them, click on add guests below their name; click on add from another reservation and repeat as necessary. You have to Click Add Guests on the right when you've added then all.

Then Click on the Select restaurant (or something like that) and scroll down to MTD.....you may be limited to certain times. For our group of 6 we had a choice of 6, 6:15, 7:30, 7:45...there may have been later times too.

I selected 7:30, but know from the past that we have shown up anywhere from 6:45 to 7:30 and didn't have to wait except once for 5 minutes.

Just don't show up 30 minutes late and expect your table to be waiting. That happened last week on our cruise and people couldn't understand why they didn't have a table waiting for them.

Edited by M&M Hayden

Just yesterday I made reservations for 6 of us on Serenade for March, 2016. Our reservations weren't linked. I asked our friends for their booking #, logged in online to view our reservations, clicked on the reservation, scrolled down to where it shows "Cruise Planner"; next to dinner, clicked on add.

Just follow the prompts

Select your names, click "same people each night" (or something like that); Add from another reservation, put in their last name, booking #, find......select them, click on add guests below their name; click on add from another reservation and repeat as necessary. You have to Click Add Guests on the right when you've added then all.

Then Click on the Select restaurant (or something like that) and scroll down to MTD.....you may be limited to certain times. For our group of 6 we had a choice of 6, 6:15, 7:30, 7:45...there may have been later times too.

I selected 7:30, but know from the past that we have shown up anywhere from 6:45 to 7:30 and didn't have to wait except once for 5 minutes.

Just don't show up 30 minutes late and expect your table to be waiting. That happened last week on our cruise and people couldn't understand why they didn't have a table waiting for them.

Hi and thanks :) I said earlier though that the MTD dining option online is not available. I've done it before but the option so far online does not exist for this cruise. I am going to speak with a C&A rep. Thanks again :)

Just called C&A and they are no help. They cant even tell me if this cruise has MTD. Useless. I understand any changes must be made through a TA but you cant even tell me if this cruise has it or not or why the option isnt there online? Cmon Man!! lol.

Edited by Moltar