What Are The Chances?

CATGUY7

We booked a Premium Deluxe Balcony (Aft) for the larger balcony on Regal. Received an Upsell Offer last night to a Mini-Suite. Booking was marked "No Upgrade". Obviously they want my aft balcony cabin, and I want to keep it. Is it possible that Princess would "upgrade" me anyway? :(

We booked a Premium Deluxe Balcony (Aft) for the larger balcony on Regal. Received an Upsell Offer last night to a Mini-Suite. Booking was marked "No Upgrade". Obviously they want my aft balcony cabin, and I want to keep it. Is it possible that Princess would "upgrade" me anyway? :(

They should not upgrade you as long as your reservation is marked Do Not Upgrade

It sounds like they offered you a chance to move up a catagory for a price. That is what an upsell is. An upgrade would be moving you to a cabin they thought was better than the one you selecred. Either way keep an eye on your booking in irder to catch any changes.

Princess can be a pain in the but with their upgrades and upsells. My wife and I are seasoned Princess cruisers and we always select a certain inside cabin on the Lido Deck because it is our favorite location for us. We always mark no upgrade and every single cruise they want to move us to an upgrade and I literally have to fight with them over the phone to not touch our reservation. The operator tells us they have a roomier oceanview or balcony and we tell them leave us alone this location is what we want. Hope it works out for you buddy but Princess can be a pain with that stuff.

I think I was just wondering if anyone had marked their cabin "No Upgrade", but had actually been moved without their authorization. And how difficult it was to get their original booking back. But thank you for your responses.

I think I was just wondering if anyone had marked their cabin "No Upgrade", but had actually been moved without their authorization. And how difficult it was to get their original booking back. But thank you for your responses.

Yes it has been reported here that its happened both ways to at least a couple of people that I remember. They have both got their cabin back with no issues and also lost the cabin.