Anthem traditional dining formal nights?

Jo and Rob

We are doing dynamic dining but now there is also traditional dining does that mean there will be formal nights?

How many people wear DJs in the Grande?

If there are formal nights how does that work for dynamic diners?

No shipwide formal nights on Anthem, even if you do Dynamic Classic. However, formal dress is required to dine in Grande.

Edited by clarea

No shipwide formal nights on Anthem, even if you do Dynamic Classic. However, formal dress is required to dine in Grande.

What's actually required in reality is that men enter wearing a jacket or borrow a loaner at the front desk. That's about it. While you will see some folks quite dressed up in Grande, men can be wearing open collared sport shirts, as long as there is a jacket nearby. And that's fine with me, but the "formal" dress code is a joke and RCI should drop it and stop making people wonder about whether they will be dressed up enough.

Also, in our personal experience, nothing about the food or service in Grande was special enough to require "formal" wear.

Loved Anthem though.

What's actually required in reality is that men enter wearing a jacket or borrow a loaner at the front desk. That's about it. While you will see some folks quite dressed up in Grande, men can be wearing open collared sport shirts, as long as there is a jacket nearby. And that's fine with me, but the "formal" dress code is a joke and RCI should drop it and stop making people wonder about whether they will be dressed up enough.

Also, in our personal experience, nothing about the food or service in Grande was special enough to require "formal" wear.

Loved Anthem though.

It was kind of funny to see people in T-shirts with the loaner jacket crumpled up on the seat next to them. There was definitely nothing special about the food or service.

On the 11/30 cruise most people dressed up in The Grand. As a matter of fact many people were dressed up on different nights around the ship. We were pretty casual one night & right next to us at Bolero's was a guy in a tux. Around the ship at night there was all manner of dress depending upon where people went for dinner, I'm guessing.

Back to the question....I wore a dress on one night & pants & a dressy top on another. My husband wore a dress shirt & sports jacket, no tie on both nights for him. Keep hubby out of a tee & jeans for your night at the Grand.

We are doing dynamic dining but now there is also traditional dining does that mean there will be formal nights?

What are DJ's?

I think you're a bit confused about the various forms of dynamic dining. They have not introduced traditional dining. There is a form of rotational dining now available so that guests have the same dinner time and same table mates, but they go to different venues each night. As such, no ship-wide formal night.

They have not introduced traditional dining. There is a form of rotational dining now available so that guests have the same dinner time and same table mates, but they go to different venues each night. As such, no ship-wide formal night.

For people who have no idea what DD is, when they choose DD Classic it is close enough to traditional that they can plan as if it was another ship. While there's no ship wide formal night, when folks rotate through Grande it will be formal night for them.

For people who have no idea what DD is, when they choose DD Classic it is close enough to traditional that they can plan as if it was another ship. While there's no ship wide formal night, when folks rotate through Grande it will be formal night for them.

I enjoy dressing up for dinner a couple nights on a cruise, however I tend to change after as I want to be comfortable for the show and other events after dinner. With that said, I'm glad to be trying Grande on Anthem in Classic DD so I can dress up for dinner and then change right after and now feel semi-out of place when walking around the ship, which differs from the traditional ship-wide formal nights.