Just off the Anthem and it was wonderful

bayob

RCCL dining room food has declined over the last few years. This is from personal experience. We have cruised at least 2 times a year with RCCL for 15 years. It's a fact. But there are tons of options for food

Ignorant is going to the dining room complaining it's disgusting but going back every night for 7 nights and complaining again and again about it. No one forces people in there

Options are there for a reason

This is ignorance to me.....''We knew from the reviews that the dining room food was no good''......:rolleyes:

We have done exactly the same thing for our last 5 cruises. Like you, we used to love the main dining room with a large table of strangers. After a few 10 person tables with no table mates and a few less than stellar waiters we moved to specialty only and love it. All about choices...

Same thing happened to us on The Explorer a few years ago. Huge table and no one there! Lol.

He's a long time Troll on these boards. Do a search of his old posts and you will see lots of nonsensical posts.

It would be best if everyone would simply ignore him. He loves getting a rise out of people on these boards. Some people love to hide behind anonymity on the internet

Edited by jonj

I just returned from the 12/12 as well with three others...Three out of four of us did Celebrity Summit in April and all agreed that if Summit the food was an 8.5/10 then Anthem was a 4! Ship was amazing itself but so many more people and constant stopping of folks taking pictures any time any where they wanted made it feel small...I also heard staff complain about no true system in place at restaurants and to me it was like the Head Chef made his dishes and never told his Sous chef what sides to give with them..Some strange combos for sure. Also most dishes were served warm at best! American Icon was our favorite and Chic came in last! If you are a Lobster lover well Grande serves them every night for no extra charge..Have seen many other ships charge for Lobster tails except for Captains dinner...Shows were a bit boring with their "We Will Rock You" hitting two hours..Amazing talent to go non stop for that long but the story of the show itself was pretty bad! Journey cover band Resurrection was like a real concert at sea...The saving factor for the trip was 6 great days of weather...Last note on Windjammer buffet not only was food worse then your local Golden Coral but the way it was setup was like driving in NYC with no traffic lights!!! Not organized at all...Trip was 3 1/2 stars at best....

I was on the same sailing. Execution in the Windjammer was at an all time low in my opinion. The couple times we were in there over half the items weren't labeled so you were trying to guess what things actually were. Low staffing, usual poor quality.

We ate most of our meals in Coastal Kitchen, which was excellent!

And yes, WWRY is a HORRID show.

I was on the same sailing. Execution in the Windjammer was at an all time low in my opinion. The couple times we were in there over half the items weren't labeled so you were trying to guess what things actually were. Low staffing, usual poor quality.

We ate most of our meals in Coastal Kitchen, which was excellent!

And yes, WWRY is a HORRID show.

I am not a Queen fan and therefore have no intentions of seeing WWRY, but I have to say.....you are the ONLY one in all of the reviews that has stated this. (yes, I read your very negative review also). :eek: So, are we supposed to believe you or the hundreds of reviewers that said they LOVED it?

I am not a Queen fan and therefore have no intentions of seeing WWRY, but I have to say.....you are the ONLY one in all of the reviews that has stated this. (yes, I read your very negative review also). :eek: So, are we supposed to believe you or the hundreds of reviewers that said they LOVED it?

I've been seeing other negative comments about WWRY since it started sailing from the US. The "hundreds" of positive reviews of it are mostly from when it was sailing from the UK. For some reason they love this show over there. Of course look at the type of cuisine they love over in the UK too... ;)

I've been seeing other negative comments about WWRY since it started sailing from the US. The "hundreds" of positive reviews of it are mostly from when it was sailing from the UK. For some reason they love this show over there. Of course look at the type of cuisine they love over in the UK too... ;)

Different strokes for different folks.;)

In answer to your question, I say, "Believe both." Each person has his or her own reactions, which are valid for them.

In answer to your question, I say, "Believe both." Each person has his or her own reactions, which are valid for them.

We are not Queen fans but we enjoyed the show. The performers worked very hard to entertain us. Their voices were great. With 4000 people on board, I think it would be impossible to have a show that everyone likes. I would suggest if you are sailing, you go to the show and form your own opinion. You might like it!

I just returned from the 12/12 as well with three others...Three out of four of us did Celebrity Summit in April and all agreed that if Summit the food was an 8.5/10 then Anthem was a 4! Ship was amazing itself but so many more people and constant stopping of folks taking pictures any time any where they wanted made it feel small...I also heard staff complain about no true system in place at restaurants and to me it was like the Head Chef made his dishes and never told his Sous chef what sides to give with them..Some strange combos for sure. Also most dishes were served warm at best! American Icon was our favorite and Chic came in last! If you are a Lobster lover well Grande serves them every night for no extra charge..Have seen many other ships charge for Lobster tails except for Captains dinner...Shows were a bit boring with their "We Will Rock You" hitting two hours..Amazing talent to go non stop for that long but the story of the show itself was pretty bad! Journey cover band Resurrection was like a real concert at sea...The saving factor for the trip was 6 great days of weather...Last note on Windjammer buffet not only was food worse then your local Golden Coral but the way it was setup was like driving in NYC with no traffic lights!!! Not organized at all...Trip was 3 1/2 stars at best....

Have to agree. We were on the sailing as well. We had an 11 month old with us, so were strapped in terms of where and when to dine. So Windjammer was our primary spot, but the food was awful and the place was like a zoo. No organization. Food mislabeled. Long lines for food like pasta or burgers. Quality was horrible, and to be perfectly honest I think we just ate the pizza the last two nights from Sorrento's just to fill our bellies.

I think this ship is just way too overpacked with people. I get that it's massive, but you feel like you're in a shopping mall during holiday times. No place to sit quietly. The pools are overpacked. The food is subpar.

Overall we had a good time and made do with what was dealt to us, but this was my first cruise, and both my wife and I have agreed to hold off cruising for a while after this.