New Jersey Port - Transportation from Hotel to Port

Finding a hotel near the airport with shuttle to hotel was easy.

Finding a way to the port from the hotel ((Residence Inn Aiport (EWR)) not so cut and dry.

We are a group of 8 (but could do the arrangement in couples if it's more economical).

Anyone have an experience at this port with get from A to B?

I've found a stretch Mercedes that will take us all; but it's $100 per couple round trip. It would be very nice; but not all in the group can afford the price tag.

There is a lot of information on transportation options on the East Coast Departure Boards:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415.

We used Dial 7 car service but there were only 2 of us. They do larger passenger vans and I think they charge by the trip, not by the passenger, although a larger van would cost more than a car. They were prompt and courteous and we would use them again.

The Best Western near the airport offers a shuttle to and from the hotel and also the train station to go into NYC free. Also offers low cost shuttle to pickup and deliver to the port. Think it was $10 pp.

Thanks for the info. It was looking good until I found out they now charge $30 per person, ONE WAY to the port.

That, and it's only $8 less than the Residence Inn Airport.

GGGrrrr....

We live about 1hr away (no traffic).

We get a large SUV for a little more than a dirty cab from the NYC area.

Step up, start & finish your cruise in style. Must arrange in advance.

NJ near EWR or Cape Liberty is anything but easy.

Below is our Sept 2015 Infinity Panama Canal Cruise, stop in Monterey, CA.

22594727996_3c5e500299_c.jpg

CaptDave

Try Independent Driver I don't have the phone number handy, but you could search the East Coast ports for the number. We have used them twice and they were right on time. Charged $12 pp from the Country Inn and Suites to the Port. They have vans that will handle 8.

Try Independent Driver I don't have the phone number handy, but you could search the East Coast ports for the number. We have used them twice and they were right on time. Charged $12 pp from the Country Inn and Suites to the Port. They have vans that will handle 8.

I absolutely agree about Independent Driver but you need to find their phone number, googling it will just get you some Craig's List people which is not what you want. Try looking under the East Coast Departure board here you should find a thread specifically for Cape Liberty. I believe that's where I got their phone number.

Finding a hotel near the airport with shuttle to hotel was easy.

Finding a way to the port from the hotel ((Residence Inn Aiport (EWR)) not so cut and dry.

We are a group of 8 (but could do the arrangement in couples if it's more economical).

Anyone have an experience at this port with get from A to B?

I've found a stretch Mercedes that will take us all; but it's $100 per couple round trip. It would be very nice; but not all in the group can afford the price tag.

Take the advice of poster #2 and go to the East Coast Board, there are lots of helpful people on that board particularly for Bayonne.

See post #8 from 138east/Carol - CC link here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2203122&highlight=independent+drivers

Independent driver - 888-816-0973

For 8 people, you will need a full size van to hold the luggage + people, or, book 2 minivans, depending on the size & # of bags. As always, do a price comparison by getting quotes from Dial7 and Carmel - both of them have free Apps to book via smartphones.

Edited by mking8288

Here's my response to your other post on this forum. I didn't get as far as discussing Independent Driver - you need to have a "big" plan that will address the overall needs of your group. Can you provide the exact date you will be doing this? If you've booked a hotel, what are you paying? Or what is your hotel budget?

Independent driver - 888-816-0973 - call 4-6 weeks ahead. I used them several years ago and was very happy. We did 7 in a 9 person van and it was tight with all the luggage, so you have to be sure you know how much "stuff" everyone is bringing.

Also, there is no easy way to buy wine precruise at Newark Airport. It's a highly urban industrialized area with few services including restaurants. Jersey Gardens Mall is the only "action". If you want more services, you should consider a downtown Newark hotel with an airport shuttle.

Could you provide more details? Did I see on another thread you have 8 people you are asking for? What time does your flight arrive? Have you booked a hotel? Are you looking to go out to dinner?

All the airport hotels offer a free shuttle, but you have to take your luggage up the escalator or elevator to the top level to catch the free Airtrain to the P4 Station, which is the shuttle pickup point. https://www.panynj.gov/airports/pdf/ewr-airtrain-brochure-english.pdf

Many airport hotels offer free breakfast, but are not full service and have no restaurant. Depending on the hotel you select, your dining choices may be limited to takeout or walking to a neighboring hotel. Only the hotels on International Boulevard (formerly Glimcher Realty Way) in Elizabeth have easy access to IHOP, Ruby Tuesday's, Johnny Rockets, and the food court at the Jersey Gardens Mall.