Escape or Getaway?

murph1031

Getting ready to book our first NCL cruise, always sailed Carnival in the past. We will be sailing in November 2016. We are drawn to the double freestyle special, which gives us the drinks and dining free. So this limits are boat choices to the Escape and Getaway.

If you had to choose which boat would you go with? itinerary doesn't really matter to us. We will be sailing kid free.

So I guess my question is. Is there a huge difference between the two boats? We will be doing an interior room, we have booked balconies before and never really used it.

I just got off of the Getaway and I literally have no complaints. I haven't sailed on the Escape but have to assume the ships are similar (as NCL product). I was in a mini-suite, but did have occasion to see an inside stateroom and it was pleasant.

Been on the GA twice, BA twice and Escape once. Both ships are in the Breakaway class/breakaway plus class. Plus means the same ship with an additional deck of rooms. Escape has more to offer. It attempts to fix areas on the getaway and breakaway that were under utilized and offer more options.

Edited by BirdTravels

We are sailing the Getaway in 2016 and the Escape in 2017. As another poster mentioned Loutheglue has just recently done a fabulous review of both ships and his pictures are fabulous. He went into such great detail I felt like I was cruising with him!! That review may help you decide which you want to sail on first.

Been on Getaway twice, and just got off the Escape December 19th.

They are pretty much the same expect.

Escape

The wine cellar, district brew pub and the food republic are all new venues and very good. The Million Dollar Quartet in the theater, was very good.

You're not in a balcony cabin, but the balconies are bigger.

I wasn't impressed with the Brat Pack( pay for) show.

Paying for Margaritaville is nonsense.

Getaway.

Illusionarium(pay for) is really entertaining, and worth the extra cost.

I agree the Mojito bar layout is much better. The Flamingo grill has Cuban food to try, which we found good.

I don't think you go wrong with either.

Getting ready to book our first NCL cruise, always sailed Carnival in the past. We will be sailing in November 2016. We are drawn to the double freestyle special, which gives us the drinks and dining free. So this limits are boat choices to the Escape and Getaway.

If you had to choose which boat would you go with? itinerary doesn't really matter to us. We will be sailing kid free.

So I guess my question is. Is there a huge difference between the two boats? We will be doing an interior room, we have booked balconies before and never really used it.

I just got off the escape last week and I have been on the Getaway 3 times prior. I really have no complaints about either ship. if you have never been you really cant go wrong. I do have to say....the Escape was spectacular and the new menus (which I don't think have gone fleet wide as of yet) are an improvement from the getaway (more options) food quality is the same. An on another note, I am booked back on the Getaway for Western Caribbean next December already. You really cant make a bad choice here.