Mr Sanchos Cozumel

gbutzin

What are peoples experience with Mr Sanchos in Cozumel as far as drinks, food and quality of the beach for the day. We are thinking of going their as a family and sounds like a relaxing day on the beach.

Last time in Cozumel we visited Paradise Beach and it was nice but we wanted to try the all inclusive option here.

Thank you

We love it! We took our 2 kids there in 2012, and found the AI option didn't pay off for us.

We revisited Cozumel for a week this summer, and did pay as you go. We ate (apps, meals) drank (mixed drinks, water, and sodas), and we figured we saved about $50!

Wonderful day either way. Have fun!

Just out of curiosity, is this an excursion that Carnival Offers or is it a do it on your own sort of thing. I've heard such great things about this place and we've been to Cozumel before but never here.

You can book it on your own online. We will be there next week. I will be there with my family. This will be my first time but it looks like they have plenty to do for all ages.

We went a few years ago and had a good time there. (We went right before they put in the new extra pool on the AI side...they were building it when we were there).

I have a complete review with tons of pictures listed in my signature line if you are interested.

We thought the drinks and food was good. :)

We love it! We took our 2 kids there in 2012, and found the AI option didn't pay off for us.

We revisited Cozumel for a week this summer, and did pay as you go. We ate (apps, meals) drank (mixed drinks, water, and sodas), and we figured we saved about $50!

Wonderful day either way. Have fun!

Soccersharon ~ I've been pouring over Mr. Sanchos reviews and have read that the AI guests have access to a larger/different area than the pay-as-you go guests? Would appreciate your (or any others who've experienced both!) thoughts on this. Thanks!

Soccersharon ~ I've been pouring over Mr. Sanchos reviews and have read that the AI guests have access to a larger/different area than the pay-as-you go guests? Would appreciate your (or any others who've experienced both!) thoughts on this. Thanks!

The AI side has a swim-up bar, and "beds" in the shade (those may come at an extra charge). The PAYG side has a very small pool. Both sides have access to the beach area.

For us, I preferred the PAYG side :). More bang for our buck.

I would suggest reading Mitsugirly's review (very detailed).

Edited by soccersharon

The AI side has a swim-up bar, and "beds" in the shade (those may come at an extra charge). The PAYG side has a very small pool. Both sides have access to the beach area.

For us, I preferred the PAYG side :). More bang for our buck.

I would suggest reading Mitsugirly's review (very detailed).

I did read her review after posting this and it was Great! Thinking I'm leaning toward your preference of PAYG ~ with 2 teens & a picky 10 year old, just seems like AI would be overkill.

Now wondering if we 2 adults could choose AI and let the kids go as PAYG? Can't see how they'd work that out facility-wise, but perhaps it's an option.

Thanks so much for your response Soccersharon!

We went a few years ago and had a good time there. (We went right before they put in the new extra pool on the AI side...they were building it when we were there).

I have a complete review with tons of pictures listed in my signature line if you are interested.

We thought the drinks and food was good. :)

Mitsugirly ~ read all your reviews for Cozumel excursions and they are FANTASTIC! Same goes for all your pics. If you were to go back again to any of the venues listed, which would it be?

I did read her review after posting this and it was Great! Thinking I'm leaning toward your preference of PAYG ~ with 2 teens & a picky 10 year old, just seems like AI would be overkill.

Now wondering if we 2 adults could choose AI and let the kids go as PAYG? Can't see how they'd work that out facility-wise, but perhaps it's an option.

Thanks so much for your response Soccersharon!

The two areas are separate, so I'm thinking you could not do both. As you are bringing 3 kids, I really think the PAYG option makes more fiscal sense. We ate and drank all day, and still saved money :).

Glad I could help :). Enjoy your day at Mr. Sanchos!

Mitsugirly ~ read all your reviews for Cozumel excursions and they are FANTASTIC! Same goes for all your pics. If you were to go back again to any of the venues listed, which would it be?

My personal favorite has always been Chankanaab. I'm an avid snorkeler and we have had such a great time when we went there. It's the only place that we have been to twice because we loved it so much. I would go back again and hope to some day in the future (but keep trying new places in Cozumel because there's just so many).

There's so much to see and do there (and they have added more since we were there last) that I just thinks it makes a great day (for our family). Every family has different expectations in the "perfect day" from relaxation places to places packed with activities. Chankanaab has the snorkeling, ocean swimming, pool, dolphin/manatee swims, free sea lion show, the nature walk to the mayan replicas, then they have added an alligator exhibit, zip lining and some type of human gerbil ball. There may be more, but I'm not sure at this point. LOL

My personal favorite has always been Chankanaab. I'm an avid snorkeler and we have had such a great time when we went there.

Thanks for your response! My husband and I went there for our honeymoon many years ago and thought about trying something different but it looks so changed ~ and I also loved the snorkeling! ~ that we may just go there again.:)

I am seriously thinking Mr. Sanchos this go around. I have never been to this beach club. My question to you guys is this ... What kind of food is served on the AI side v. the pay side? and what is the cost difference? I see its $50 or so AI per person. Also, on the pay side, will we be able to use lounge chairs on the beach or pool area and is there any shade or coverage for those who can't be in the sun all of the time? Thank you.

I am seriously thinking Mr. Sanchos this go around. I have never been to this beach club. My question to you guys is this ... What kind of food is served on the AI side v. the pay side? and what is the cost difference? I see its $50 or so AI per person. Also, on the pay side, will we be able to use lounge chairs on the beach or pool area and is there any shade or coverage for those who can't be in the sun all of the time? Thank you.

Here is the menu I took a picture of when we were there:

PC200422-L.jpg

PC200423-L.jpg

You can order off the menu on the AI side and they also have a buffet set up that they are constantly restocking and it was decent.

Yes, you can sit in any of the lounge chairs by the water or chairs at the palapa's. It's first come, first serve basis. No additional charge. (They do have additional places you can pay extra for, like the beds).

You might benefit from taking a look at my review in my signature line, which will give you a bunch of pictures of the entire area (minus the newer pool area they were building when we were there last). :)