Onboard Credit email from Princess

sgriff17

Did anyone else get this email from Princess?

"

Dear SHAUN GRIFFIN,

You've sailed one of our sister lines and now, for a limited time, register with Princess and get an onboard credit worth, $50 … $200 … even up to $1,000! A cruise with Princess is an experience like no other. Enjoy an array of amenities and entertainment, world-class cuisine, unparalleled service and see some of the most intriguing places in the world in complete luxury. And because we don't want you to miss a single view, Princess offers more affordable balconies than any other cruise line. Register to see how much is waiting for you - and get ready to escape completely with Princess.

Register now for your onboard credit and choose your cruise.

Im asking because I signed up, did the entire survey, and at the end it says I didn't qualify!! What is up with that? Thanks for wasting my time Princess customer service! (Well, obviously I have "some" if I came on here and wrote this thread :D )

Just curious as to why we don't qualify for the onboard credit :( We have been on 4 Carnival cruises and just booked Princess for January.:confused:

I got a similiar letter, but I got the on board credit they offered me. Does it have a date you had to do it by or do you have to sail in 2005? I got one that had to be used by the end of August for a cruise in 2005. I would call and ask. Espically if the expiration isn't bad you should be able to use it.

Did you already have the Princess cruise booked first before you got the email? I wonder if they were trying to entice you to try Princess but when they realized you were already booked, they said you didn't qualify. If this is the case - I would fight for it. Call and find out what would qualify.

It said email received by September 25th and filled out by October 31, 2005 and valid for an a cruise for 2006. We are booked on the Star Princess 1/8/06. In the email, it said since we said with Princess's sister lines and we have cruised with Carnival 4 times already.

I did call Princess and they knew nothing about it. I think I am going to call again. :-( :confused:

Called Princess again and this time the lady knew about it and hooked my princess account number to our booking number and said please try again in 24 hours. Have no idea if that will make it work, but I am going to give it another try tomorrow. I will let you know what happens, but it is sure frustrating when one claims they know nothing, but another is very helpful!

Originally she said since we hadn't cruised princess before, we were not eligible, but in the email it says since you have cruised our sister lines and that we HAVE.

:o Hopefully it will work tomorrow - I love onboard ship credit!!!

sgriff17

Hopefully that person fixed it for you. If not just keep calling back until it's fixed. How you are treated/helped all depends on who is on the other end of the line.

bandpthoma

Mine came in a letter and it was $150 for an inside/ocean view and $200 for a balcony or above. This is the second time that I got one of these letters. That extra money comes in really handy. Do you know how many umbrella drinks that is!? My parents have been on more cruises on Princess than I have, but they never got one. It is a sore spot of my moms, but I don't know why or how I got on the list for them. I am just glad I made the list!

Here's the scooop - there were 2 Promo mailings -

#1/Book a 2005 Cruise before Oct. 31, 2005 for (Maximum) $200 per Cabin SBC

#2/Book a 2006 Cruise before Nov. 30, 2005 for (Maximum) $100 per Cabin SBC

So - hurry up folks - time's a wasting! :p

Doesn't "hurt" to - Call Capt. Circle to see if you can be registered for this Promo.....maybe e-mail/letter were "lost" ???? :rolleyes:

I called and the Capt. Circle Rep. "registered" me for the #2 Promo - (I was told the Promo SBC should appear in my Capt. Circle account in 24 hrs. - It will be in addition to the SBC that already appear in my Capt. Circle account (from the FCC's on record)..

Now I just have to book a 2006 Carribbean Cruise before Nov. 30, 2005 HHHHMMMmmmmm....... :rolleyes:

The way I was told the credits work is by name of PAX. If they sent you an email with the wrong first name (spelling or otherwise) then they have no way to confirm that you are who they sent the special to (you could be a brother, friend...). The best way is to contact Princess Customer Service (as I believe you did) and as long as your registered email matches what was sent to you they will be able to give it to you.

I had a similar problem with referral credits and they corrected it for me.

Mark D.

I just called a Captain's Circle rep and was told if I didn't receive a letter then I'm not eligable. Even tho I booked the 10/16/05 sailing on the Regal and booked it on 9/23/05, I can't get the credit because I didn't receive a letter.

Oh well, it was worth a shot.

Archived