Is AZ going the way of other cruise lines?

chromered7

I have not sailed Azamara before, but have booked an upcoming cruise with them due to the itinerary and what looks to be a decent refurbishment of the product.

I did plenty of research, including on the CC forums. If you base your final decisions on the posts found here, then good luck finding an alternative. The Seabourn, Silverseas, Crystal, Regent, Oceania boards are similarly littered with posts bemoaning a degradation in food quality, included drinks, service levels, etc, etc.

Bottom line is, people get jaded even if the product has not changed, or get comfortable and then vent when inevitable changes push them out of that comfort zone (even if such changes are not in any way or form a downgrade). Forums provide a fertile breeding ground for complaints, and tend to amplify a vocal minority.

Well said. Take all complaints with large grains of salt, and NEVER base a decision on whether to cruise with a specific line based on one or two whines. Some issue sets someone off and from that point on nothing is any good.

In particular, complaints that appear after a change in pricing structure or loyalty structure or after introduction of something newly changed or included (e.g., liquor) are suspect.

Edited by marinaro44

Thanks for your useful and and informative posts . We need to make a decision by tomorrow . Good cruises now cost significant money, in some cases as much as new car or small house, and that's why you have to make the right decision. Like so many things in live it is not always easy . Appologies if I have offended anyone with my comments, it was not my intention.

Thanks for your useful and and informative posts . We need to make a decision by tomorrow . Good cruises now cost significant money, in some cases as much as new car or small house, and that's why you have to make the right decision. Like so many things in live it is not always easy . Appologies if I have offended anyone with my comments, it was not my intention.

I truly hope that decision finds you going on your first ACC. If you normally cruise on X, I'm sure you will find ACC outshines X. And I'm not saying X is not a good cruise line, but we much prefer X.

I truly hope that decision finds you going on your first ACC. If you normally cruise on X, I'm sure you will find ACC outshines X. And I'm not saying X is not a good cruise line, but we much prefer X.
Check that last sentence, chick. I don't think you meant that.

Check that last sentence, chick. I don't think you meant that.

Thank you.....no I meant to type Azamara...too late for me to edit. :rolleyes: One thing I wish cruise critic would change is the amount of time we have to edit our posts.

Maybe I'll quote myself. ;)

Zimbo, welcome to the Azamara forum. I so appreciate the research and your macro-perspective you've shared with us. I hope you'll come back regularly!

Thanks for the welcome Bonnie. Don't get to post as regularly as I would like due to other commitments. But Cruise Critic is an invaluable resource for research and engaging with fellow cruisers.

Also really appreciate your input on these boards - a not-insignificant reason in our choosing to book with Azamara for the August 2016 Norway cruise.

We have decided to go with AZ to the Middle East . We realise that some ports may have to changed due to the sensitivity of certain areas but you have trust that AZ will make the right decision.

Hope your cruise provides the wonderful memories that many of us on this forum have already experienced.

Although not security related, here is an example of AZ making the right decision for its guests. On the Journey this October in the Eastern Med., the captain significantly altered the order of ports to avoid a rain storm that would have hampered our enjoyment of the site of ancient Troy. That site was potentially one of the highlights of the itinerary.

He made that decision despite the fact it added to travel times and thus the cost of fuel.

It's judgement such as that which. I think, places AZ in the premium category.

We have decided to go with AZ to the Middle East . We realise that some ports may have to changed due to the sensitivity of certain areas but you have trust that AZ will make the right decision.

I am glad that you have decided to give Azamara a try. I enjoy Celebrity but enjoy Azamara more and hope you will too.

And like Nordski mentioned, in November Captain Magnus switched our sea day so that we could avoid a storm and we had stunning weather all the way for that time of the year.

Hopefully you will experience these little gestures that make an Az cruise so memorable

Hello - are you booked on the Oct one for this year? If so, there's a roll call that you can join, if you haven't already.