Pre cruise transfers

liptastic

We are having an extra day pre cruise in Vancouver in August. Our flight from the UK arrives early evening. Previous cruises we have arrived day before cruise and had transfer coach to hotel. Do we have to arrange a taxi to hotel this time or do Regent supply us a transfer?

Thank you for any info, Jean.

Hoping that you can provide info on the following:

Arriving in London several days before cruise. If we get ourselves to the hotel that Regent is using for precruise ( we are staying elsewhere) will we be able to take advantage of the included transfer to Southampton. Wanted your input before approaching Regent.

Thanks in advance:)

I am really not sure and was waiting to see what Rachel thought:) Although it seems to make sense on the surface, I tend to agree with the last poster. There are usually so many people at the hotel(s) that they have to stagger the busloads leaving the hotel to insure that too many buses do not arrive at the same time. IMO, it would not be easy to accommodate extra passengers into the mix.

I would check on Roll Call and see if anyone else is going to the ship from a London hotel on the day of departure. Perhaps you could share a ride (that is what some people on our Roll Call are doing for an upcoming cruise departing from Rome - another city where the hotels are quite far from where the ship is docked.)

It is certainly worth checking with your TA or Regent. Let us know what they say and have a great trip - we love London!

Edited by Travelcat2

In my experience the simple answer is no. You must be on the pre-cruise package to take advantage of the transfer to Southampton.

This is correct. You have to be on the pre cruise package to get the transfer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hoping that you can provide info on the following:

Arriving in London several days before cruise. If we get ourselves to the hotel that Regent is using for precruise ( we are staying elsewhere) will we be able to take advantage of the included transfer to Southampton. Wanted your input before approaching Regent.

Thanks in advance:)

We haven't done it lately, but on many occasions my Mom and Dad would arrive to the embarkation city days before the ship left, sometime staying at the hotel that Regent was using (but not arranged through Regent) and other times staying elsewhere. The day before embarkation, they would make their way over to the hospitality desk at the hotel and inquire about transfer to the port - they were always able to get on the bus - there was a charge involved. The rules may have changed but there is no harm in asking - the worse that can happen is that they will say no.

gnomie :)