Mexican Riviera Dinner Menus On The Crown

Rockymountainsparky

Menus are pretty much the same fleetwide. Do a search on this forum and I'm sure some will come up.
Exactly. The 7-day menus are pretty standard. There will probably be Mexican food offered in the buffet, like a taco bar. Keep in mind that usually, the chef's interpretation of "Mexican" or other national foods can be somewhat...odd. For Mexican food, get it onshore. Edited by Pam in CA

There have been discussions recently that the "Always Available" section of the Princess menu has changed in the last month. So, if you search for menus, they will most likely have an out date "Always Available" section. Here's a link to a current thread on the subject:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2290854

Exactly. The 7-day menus are pretty standard. There will probably be Mexican food offered in the buffet, like a taco bar. Keep in mind that usually, the chef's interpretation of "Mexican" or other national foods can be somewhat...odd. For Mexican food, get it onshore.

We've learnt to avoid Mexican on any cruise ship.

If by "planning" your dining venue, you mean which nights to book a specialty restaurant, I would imagine you can go to that specialty restaurant after boarding and ask to see the daily MDR menus. If you are thinking about booking a specialty restaurant to avoid a formal night, you can look at the first day's Patter which will tell you which nights are formal. Usually this will be a sea day or a partial port day. You can't prebook a specialty dinner before the cruise.

If your idea of good Asian cuisine is Panda Express then the Asian Day in HC is right up your alley. The Mexican Buffet Day in HC is like what you would get at Sizzler or Taco Bell.

The Asian and Mexican offerings in the MDR were much better. 12/6 Western Cribbean cruise aboard Caribbean Princess.

image.jpg.5d0bfc7d47560c1512484df15562fed0.jpg

Edited by Kingofcool1947

The always available section of the menu has not (as of this week) changed on Crown.

There are no Curtis Stone menu items, and at least for our eight day cruise the menus are really good, and different from other Princess cruises we have taken in the last year. For formal night last night, we had lobster three ways, like the one in Sabatinis, except they gave us two large lobster tails. In Sabatinis they only give us one. Night before last we had these incredible scallops made in three types of citrus. So good!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The always available section of the menu has not (as of this week) changed on Crown.

There are no Curtis Stone menu items, and at least for our eight day cruise the menus are really good, and different from other Princess cruises we have taken in the last year.

Oh, I hope that holds for January! I have been dreading the new Always Available menu with its weird cauliflower and who knows what. I just hope there are medallions available for my medallion fan!

Also, avoid the Asian buffet day at the HC. Mexican and Asian buffet = diarrhea for a few days of your cruise. :mad:

@Kingofcool1947

Is this a fact? If so, please advise the dates of such food poisoning incidences.

I will be on board the Crown soon. If there was food poisoning recently, I would be concerned.

Looking forward to your clarifications.

@Kingofcool1947

Is this a fact? If so, please advise the dates of such food poisoning incidences.

I will be on board the Crown soon. If there was food poisoning recently, I would be concerned.

If there were a case of Noro or something similar, you would hear about it.

@Kingofcool1947

I am guessing it is not a fact. All the food on this ship is delicious, fresh, and served either cold, warm, or hot, as appropriate. Truly the best of all my Princess experiences (and I am Elite so I have had a few.). The service is also excellent, and the entertainment has been fantastic.

Have no worries!

Oh, I hope that holds for January! I have been dreading the new Always Available menu with its weird cauliflower and who knows what. I just hope there are medallions available for my medallion fan!

So far, the medallions are there and none of the dishes have cat puke or whatever that stuff he puts on his food is.

@Kingofcool1947

I didn't say food poisoning. But, if your idea of good Asian or Mexican food is Panda Express or Sizzler/Taco Bell, then I think you'll enjoy the special HC buffet. Not me.

image.jpg.b16d9351db424e4d971fe73755654048.jpg

Edited by Kingofcool1947

I am guessing it is not a fact. All the food on this ship is delicious, fresh, and served either cold, warm, or hot, as appropriate. Truly the best of all my Princess experiences (and I am Elite so I have had a few.). The service is also excellent, and the entertainment has been fantastic.

Have no worries!

Simply not true. Not all is fresh, or delicious.. A lot of it is frozen. Being an Elite has nothing to do or a guarantee with judging the quality of food. Or does it? :rolleyes:

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Also, avoid the Asian buffet day at the HC. Mexican and Asian buffet = diarrhea for a few days of your cruise. :mad:

@Kingofcool1947

You need to be careful with your choice of words.

You are implying Mexican and Asian food would result in food poisoning here. If that is not the case, and you have said it is not the case, you are then spreading FALSE rumors with possibly malicious intention.

@Kingofcool1947

You need to be careful with your choice of words.

You are implying Mexican and Asian food would result in food poisoning here. If that is not the case, and you have said it is not the case, you are then spreading FALSE rumors with possibly malicious intention.

You implied food poisoning, not me. Having diarrhea does not imply food poisoning. Or does it?

I have a sensitive stomach. Just to let you know, I suffer from iBS. And, I experienced diarrhea for a few days after eating at those two specialty buffet lunches at HC. YMMV.

So, if your idea of good Asian and Mexican cuisine are places like Panda Express , Sizzler/Taco Bell, then the special Asian and Mexican HC buffets is perfect for you.

And, May you always find yourself cruising in interesting times. :)

Edited by Kingofcool1947

You implied food poisoning, not me.

I have a sensitive stomach. I experienced diarrhea for a few days after eating those two specialty buffet lunches at HC. YMMV.

So, if your idea of good Asian and Mexican cuisine are places like Panda Express , Sizzler/Taco Bell, then the special Asian and Mexican HC buffets is for you.

And, May you always find yourself cruising in interesting times. :)

If your stomach is sensitive, you might want to trying smaller quantities of problem-provoking foods. Your plates we so full!! Also, you specifically used the pronoun to say that WE would get diarrhea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If your stomach is sensitive, you might want to trying smaller quantities of problem-provoking foods. Your plates we so full!! Also, you specifically used the pronoun to say that WE would get diarrhea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

True. I tasted a little, and left a lot. The bane of eating at the HC. :D

What pronoun? WE? Since, English is not my native language, can you give me a quick English lesson please?

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Thank you everyone for your input. I'll just see what's available then make my plans.

There are no Curtis Stone menu items, and at least for our eight day cruise the menus are really good, and different from other Princess cruises we have taken in the last year. For formal night last night, we had lobster three ways, like the one in Sabatinis, except they gave us two large lobster tails. In Sabatinis they only give us one. Night before last we had these incredible scallops made in three types of citrus.

Good. After reading some threads, I was not looking forward to the Curtis Stone items.

This is an outright lie.

Heavy tone, isn't it? These are the exact words used by @Kingofcool1947 in another active thread to point out incorrect information posted by others.

diarrhea for a few days of "your" cruise.

You are obviously implying food poisoning here. Intention is questionable.

I do not have a sensitive stomach. Why would I have diarrhea after Mexican and Asian buffet then? Why?

This is an outright lie.

Heavy tone, isn't it? These are the exact words used by @Kingofcool1947 in another active thread to point out incorrect information posted by others.

diarrhea for a few days of "your" cruise.

You are obviously implying food poisoning here. Intention is questionable.

I do not have a sensitive stomach. Why would I have diarrhea after Mexican and Asian buffet then? Why?

Hope you enjoy them. :)

May you always find yourself cruising in interesting times. :)

Edited by Kingofcool1947