Cruise Director on Breakaway

kart97

• 4 weeks later...
It will be the fabulous DanDan! He starts his run tomorrow.

I heard Scott was going on vacation and Dan Dan is covering. I'll be on the Breakaway in June so was curious who the CD will be then. My last cruise (and only other cruise) on the Gem was Sinan and he absolutely made the cruise. Hoping the CD on the BA will not disappoint. I have high expectations haha!

• 4 months later...
I heard Scott was going on vacation and Dan Dan is covering. I'll be on the Breakaway in June so was curious who the CD will be then. My last cruise (and only other cruise) on the Gem was Sinan and he absolutely made the cruise. Hoping the CD on the BA will not disappoint. I have high expectations haha!

My husband and I were just on the May 22nd 2016 sailing to Bermuda on the Breakaway and were sadly disappointed that Dan Dan was not our cruise director. We had a woman named Susan and she was horrible. She was rarely to be seen and when we did see her she was rather boring. We loved Dan Dan on the Gem and were looking forward to him being our cruise director, but it did not happen.

Dan Dan is away as CD (on vacation/leave - away from the ship) 2 weeks ago - Soozy (as spelled) in place as CD. Prior to sailing the BA last year, we never met Dan Dan on another ship and he was okay - a different CD was onboard in 2014 on the BA. Same feeling, more or less, about Soozy - she's okay, I guess. Have no idea who she was, just like Dan Dan, except heard the voices over the PA - as we're not in some of the functions like on the pool deck or in the theater when he came around, maybe he did but simply didn't connect or recall it. Nothing bad or good about it - CD's really don't factor much in our cruises over the years, I know & understand others do and that's fine - engaged in activities on the ship runned by the CD ... we don't.

Life, and, cruising for that matter, is full of surprises - think positive and not disappointments, even if you book your cruise 3 to 10 weeks out, while others already pinned their staterooms & ship 2 years away - there's no guarantee who's running the ship as the Captain, that's more important than the CD, and they are on contracts - come & go. Go with the flow and just enjoy the sailing.

Odds are that s/he won't remember you & your names, and those of your extended family members & circle of friends ... when as much as 18,000 to 20,000 pax sailed the megaships like the Breakaway each month. Smile & be happy that you are cruising - or planning to soon.

Joke of the day: Tipping for the CD & staff, anyone ... just kidding, LOL.

Edited by mking8288