Haven Suite gets 4 promos?

AtlantaAlly

that was not fun to find. great about no charge for SDP or haven. internet says OR so i guess you choose when you sign up onboard.

nothing was said in the terms about the OBC and loading up now vs later though. id prefer not to have a large credit sitting there though.

nor did i see about the prepaid charges but i found this

https://www.ncl.com/faq#service-charge

and it clearly states there is a charge but then says you can add it anytime up until 24 hours before sailing. implying its not mandatory because wouldnt all mandatory fees be in the final payment? id think so :) i guess i have to dig through those other threads after all.

that was not fun to find. great about no charge for SDP or haven. internet says OR so i guess you choose when you sign up onboard.

nothing was said in the terms about the OBC and loading up now vs later though. id prefer not to have a large credit sitting there though.

nor did i see about the prepaid charges but i found this

https://www.ncl.com/faq#service-charge

and it clearly states there is a charge but then says you can add it anytime up until 24 hours before sailing. implying its not mandatory because wouldnt all mandatory fees be in the final payment? id think so :) i guess i have to dig through those other threads after all.

Congrats on booking the cruise - I know you've been doing lots of research :-)

If you don't want to pre-purchase those service charges, then they will add them to your on-board account daily as the cruise goes on. So you can either pay now or pay later.

I don't know what the fine print says now, but on my booking, Haven did not have to pay the extra 18% service charge on the UBP or UDP (now SDP), but that was a year ago when I initially booked.

i'm positive no 18% on the beverage or specialty dining . that was in the terms.

have tons more research to do. if the charges are added daily then maybe ill let it do that. will defer 217 until november. i just wanted to make sure how things were billed and that they didnt bill me at the free dining tables even though its added daily as you said automatically. no clue how all this works

sorry additional question:in the terms there are fees for specialty restaurants 15 for ocean blue etc. as haven guests do we get those 'surcharge' places free?

You may choose to dine in the following venues as part of your Specialty Dining Package for the corresponding upcharges: The Supper Club ($15), For the Record ($15), Ocean Blue ($15), Bayamo ($15), Cirque Dreams and Illusionarium ($10 regular seats/$15 premium seats/$35 VIP seating on Breakaway), Sushi Bar ($7), Pincho Tapas Bar ($7), and Raw Bar ($7).

so now i read the terms yet again. room service drinks arent included. that kinda stinks.

That is the mission of the CC Forum to make you aware of all the stinky stuff as well as the sweet smelling !

Maybe one day your dream cruise ship will come in - but until then NCL will have to do !

Alternative --- Get the Bar-Set-Up and make and pour your own drinks in your stateroom - or wine drinkers Get the Viva Vino package.

sorry additional question:in the terms there are fees for specialty restaurants 15 for ocean blue etc. as haven guests do we get those 'surcharge' places free?

No, the only dining perk you get with a full suite is the private dining venue for breakfast and lunch on all ships and also for dinner on new megaships (Breakaway included). Unfortunately the menus are the same every day so it gets old pretty quick for lunch (and dinner).

i dont really drink a lot but i do plan on bringing a case of water but i guess ill have to lug other drinks from the bar back to the room..or wait. do they let you even do that?

Sure, you can carry drinks all over the ship, no problem.

No, the only dining perk you get with a full suite is the private dining venue for breakfast and lunch on all ships and also for dinner on new megaships (Breakaway included). Unfortunately the menus are the same every day so it gets old pretty quick for lunch (and dinner).

Sure, you can carry drinks all over the ship, no problem.

i thought we could order from any restaurant, even specialty. and have it in room? while i do love going out and exploring ive never had 'room service' so this would be a treat for me

i thought we could order from any restaurant, even specialty. and have it in room? while i do love going out and exploring ive never had 'room service' so this would be a treat for me

If you are going to use your shore credit you have to call a number to book them or maybe you can do them on ship. If you try and book your excursions online you don't get the shore credit.

You can thru your butler. If you order from a specialty dinning place you will either use one of your dinning credits or have to pay for the food. If you order from the room service menu, MDR menu, Haven Menu the food is free but there is a cost for the drinks.

Also you need to remember that the Butler and concierge are not included in the daily service charge. So plan in tippiong according to how much you use them.

Here is some info about all of breakaways rooms might have some pics of your you have not seen before. I didn't compile this but its super helpful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10YW7fMQarer30UCHKqKJ_zLDmbyMTczCTtYf2XRflh8/pub?single=true&gid=0&output=html

Here is a ship tour of Breakaway from Gambee.....he gets every detail. Yes some stuff may change specifically menus but it will give you an idea.

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/breakaway-review-introduction/

i did see the shore thing in the fine print. wonder how many dont though. good point about paying for drinks in the room! will have to either walk to get them drink what we brought.

regarding butler. do you tip at the time he brings your meal to the room or performs a service ? i've seen some posts where people at the end give X dollars?

i'm not high maintenance but if he can bring chips and other yummy snacks daily to the room that is worth something to me

Edited by luckyinpa

Most tip their butler and concierge at the end. When I had a suite on the PoA I tried to tip my butler after he served us a wonderful balcony dinner and he politely asked me to wait and "thank" him at the end of the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most tip their butler and concierge at the end. When I had a suite on the PoA I tried to tip my butler after he served us a wonderful balcony dinner and he politely asked me to wait and "thank" him at the end of the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whew ok good info! i dont want to look bad, after all:D

haven spa balconys are small but id love one meal there, if not, in the room. i also dont want to miss out on the benefits i'm supposed to get because i'm unaware of them so i have more reading to do.

haven spa balconys are small but id love one meal there, if not, in the room.

Unfortunately Spa Suites are quite small and do not have proper dining tables/chairs - on Getaway we decided against having anything else delivered except things that we could easily eat with hands sitting on the bed.

Eating out on the balcony is in my opinion even worse because of the size of it, if I remember correctly there is only a small end table kind of table that can barely hold one plate.

[quote name='Demonyte']Unfortunately Spa Suites are quite small and do not have proper dining tables/chairs - on Getaway we decided against having anything else delivered except things that we could easily eat with hands sitting on the bed.

Eating out on the balcony is in my opinion even worse because of the size of it, if I remember correctly there is only a small end table kind of table that can barely hold one plate.[/QUOTE]

i will have to look at videos on youtube again. i did think there was a table in the room but now that you do mention it, i do remember the balcony being pretty small. but hey, i'm not fussy. i guess have to play it by ear.

and i'm not above sitting on the bed :)