on board credit disappeared when I booked the cruise

kac0426

I recently booked a 5-day cruise. As I was booking, but before I got to the payment page, it said I would receive $100 on board credit. I finished booking, and about 2 weeks later I checked my Royal Caribbean account, but there was no mention of the $100 OBC. I then tried a new mock booking to see if it would show the $100 OBC, but it didn't. I know I didn't dream it; it was there as I was booking! Has this happened to anyone else? Is there anything I can do at this point to get what I know I saw? Hard to prove, I know...

If you booked with the OBC then it should have been in your confirm email you got right after booking.

That would be ideal. I booked mine this past Saturday and still don't have it. I called RC and they sent me an invoice but I should have gotten it automatically. Makes me wonder what else I am missing from them.

That would be ideal. I booked mine this past Saturday and still don't have it. I called RC and they sent me an invoice but I should have gotten it automatically. Makes me wonder what else I am missing from them.

A valid concern. About 1 out of 4 times, I don't receive the survey email at the end of the cruise.

I have never received a booking confirmation after making a reservation on their web site.

I always have to call them. I do receive an email stating that my payment has been made, but that's all.

Edited by molly361

Did you book using the C&A Balcony discount ?

I recently booked a cruise and was logged in so my C&A # was "live". At the time of the booking it was showing BOTH the C&A Balcony Discount and the OBC Promo of the day as being valid ... which was why i booked it because it was a great deal :)

When the confirmation came back though the OBC (which was the bigger dollar amount) was deleted and only the Balcony discount was applied. Had to call in to RCI to get them switched to be the other way around, they wouldnt honor that their website had offered to apply both but eventually agreed to remove the balcony and grant the OBC instead.

Doesnt really matter as i will be cancelling the reservation shortly anyway but it was annoying.

Did you book using the C&A Balcony discount ?

I recently booked a cruise and was logged in so my C&A # was "live". At the time of the booking it was showing BOTH the C&A Balcony Discount and the OBC Promo of the day as being valid ... which was why i booked it because it was a great deal :)

When the confirmation came back though the OBC (which was the bigger dollar amount) was deleted and only the Balcony discount was applied. Had to call in to RCI to get them switched to be the other way around, they wouldnt honor that their website had offered to apply both but eventually agreed to remove the balcony and grant the OBC instead.

Doesnt really matter as i will be cancelling the reservation shortly anyway but it was annoying.

I'm not 100% sure, but it's possible that when I saw the $100 OBC I was not logged in to my C&A account, and then when I booked the cruise I was logged in. I did receive a small discount for being a C&A member, but not $100 worth which was what the OBC was for. Is it weird that the C&A discount would be less than OBC for a non-member? Seems backwards...

Backwards yes but normal for RCI, whats weird/annoying is that it defaults to the C&A benefit which is worth less than the regular benefit and if you dont catch it your out of luck.

So since I didn't catch that it had disappeared before I booked, I'm probably out of luck now?

So since I didn't catch that it had disappeared before I booked, I'm probably out of luck now?

Contact whoever booked your cruise and ask for Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. This will show you one way or another if you have the OBC. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Contact whoever booked your cruise and ask for Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. This will show you one way or another if you have the OBC. You may be pleasantly surprised.

I will do that. I booked the cruise myself and I received a confirmation email but it showed nothing about payment, OBC, etc. When I log into my online account I can see the deposit I paid and how much I owe, but no OBC shows. So I'm not holding out much hope, but we'll see. :) Thanks for all the replies.

I will do that. I booked the cruise myself and I received a confirmation email but it showed nothing about payment, OBC, etc. When I log into my online account I can see the deposit I paid and how much I owe, but no OBC shows. So I'm not holding out much hope, but we'll see. :) Thanks for all the replies.

You will never see it online. Like Bob said get a copy of your booking invoice and see if it is there. You might be pleasantly surprised to find it there

Please report back on the OBC, you've got me curious now.

My OBC dropped off on me several times on different reservations due to me changing rooms or ships, but I've always got it back by calling C&A. You just have to pay attention to the current copy of the guest invoice.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to report back to tell you what I found out in case it helps anyone else. The OBC did NOT show up on my booking invoice. Therefore, I believe jticarruthers is correct. When I saw the $100 OBC while booking, it was showing that and the C&A discount. When I actually booked, only the C&A discount was reflected (which was only $47 -- not as much as the $100 OBC). At this point, I don't know if I can get them to apply the $100 OBC instead since I don't really have any proof that I once saw it. Not real happy with what appears to be a little sneaky on RCCL's part, but not much I can do about it now.

Thanks again for all the replies and suggestions.

I wanted to report back to tell you what I found out in case it helps anyone else. The OBC did NOT show up on my booking invoice. Therefore, I believe jticarruthers is correct. When I saw the $100 OBC while booking, it was showing that and the C&A discount. When I actually booked, only the C&A discount was reflected (which was only $47 -- not as much as the $100 OBC). At this point, I don't know if I can get them to apply the $100 OBC instead since I don't really have any proof that I once saw it. Not real happy with what appears to be a little sneaky on RCCL's part, but not much I can do about it now.

Thanks again for all the replies and suggestions.

After reading this thread the other day I wondered if I might have the same problem so I requested the invoice. Sure enough, the $400 OBC was not listed and the $100 balcony discount was applied. The email I received with the invoice stated the two could not be combined, which I learned from this thread to be the case.

However, I had a print screen of the pricing summary from the RCCL web site booking engine which showed the details before clicking over to make my deposit and it did show the OBC and the $100 C&A discount so I really feel that RCCL is shady about this practice. If the offers can't be combined, then it is on RCCL to be sure their web site works properly, prior to their guest booking and depositing on a cruise under the deal they are displaying, not after the fact and definitely not by the way they mysteriously make the OBC disappear. I am sure it is not intentional but merely a technical issue they need to solve.

Anyway, I sent that print screen to them and am currently waiting to see what, if anything, they will do about it. Obviously, I would rather have the OBC but also feel, out of principle, that they should honor the deal I was signing up for. It takes about a week to get a response via email so I will let you know what happens.

In the meantime, I would recommend that anyone else who thinks this might be an issue to follow up as others have suggested in this thread.

Thanks to everyone for participating in the thread, I am glad I checked it out. I would not have been a happy camper if I got on the ship and found out the $400 was missing from my OBC.

After reading this thread the other day I wondered if I might have the same problem so I requested the invoice. Sure enough' date=' the $400 OBC was not listed and the $100 balcony discount was applied. The email I received with the invoice stated the two could not be combined, which I learned from this thread to be the case.

However, I had a print screen of the pricing summary from the RCCL web site booking engine which showed the details before clicking over to make my deposit and it did show the OBC and the $100 C&A discount so I really feel that RCCL is shady about this practice. If the offers can't be combined, then it is on RCCL to be sure their web site works properly, prior to their guest booking and depositing on a cruise under the deal they are displaying, not after the fact and definitely not by the way they mysteriously make the OBC disappear. I am sure it is not intentional but merely a technical issue they need to solve.

Anyway, I sent that print screen to them and am currently waiting to see what, if anything, they will do about it. Obviously, I would rather have the OBC but also feel, out of principle, that they should honor the deal I was signing up for. It takes about a week to get a response via email so I will let you know what happens.

In the meantime, I would recommend that anyone else who thinks this might be an issue to follow up as others have suggested in this thread.

Thanks to everyone for participating in the thread, I am glad I checked it out. I would not have been a happy camper if I got on the ship and found out the $400 was missing from my OBC.[/quote']

You were smart to have a print screen of the pricing summary. I didn't think to do that, but you better I believe I will in the future! I hope RCCL honors both the discount and OBC you saw, since both were reflected online at the time. Let us know what happens. I'm glad this thread was helpful to you. So many people say, "Oh, your OBC will show up when you get on the ship" but I think this is a good lesson that that's not always the case.

I haven't check RCCL out as yet, but when I received my Guest booking from my TA agent, they had it at the top of the page. I am planning on "taking" this with me, so just in case they want to dispute it, I will have proof that my TA said we were to get it.:)

I recently booked several cabins for a family cruise with the bogo and OBC deals over the phone with one of the RCCL reps. As he was doing the booking, he said, "the OBC gets you a better deal than your balcony credit so we'll make sure and apply that one." I didn't know what he was talking about at the time since this is the first cruise I have booked since becoming a C&A member. I'm very glad I wasnt completing the booking myself online or I would have totally missed that. I do give props to the rep for making sure I was getting the best deal possible when he was doing the booking. Sometimes it really pays to speak to a real live human.

If you havent paid in full you can modify your booking online to remove the C&A discount and add the BOGO and OBC offer. I am a TA and i actually just did this for a client today as they booked by themselves, then realized the screwed up and called for help. As long as you haven't paid in full, the offers are always interchangeable.....

You were smart to have a print screen of the pricing summary. I didn't think to do that, but you better I believe I will in the future! I hope RCCL honors both the discount and OBC you saw, since both were reflected online at the time. Let us know what happens. I'm glad this thread was helpful to you. So many people say, "Oh, your OBC will show up when you get on the ship" but I think this is a good lesson that that's not always the case.

Well, I heard back from RCCL last night and they reinstated the OBC in full and, as a goodwill gesture, also let me keep the balcony discount.

I felt that was a fair thing for them to do and am happy they made the decision to do so without me having to do any further arguing with them. I do believe it was because of the printout I was able to supply to them, not just because they felt like generous but the result is the same for me, this time :)

I was likely going to cancel the cruise if they did not at least reinstate the $400 OBC and remove the C&A discount so I am happy they didn't put me in that position to have to make that decision.