Epic Balcony Rooms "hump" question

mitsugirly

Thanks for all your research Kim! I am wavering between booking Nov 12 (my birthday!) and December 10. Hmmmm.... What to do, what to do? Any opinions on the difference in weather or seas between those dates?

You are welcome for the research. hehe

I have been both on November 12th and also sailed during December 10 and not much difference in our sailings. Of course, you can never predict weather and it could change in a heartbeat no matter what time of year. But, if I had a choice to pick from my birthday or a month later, I would go for my birthday. :D November 12th is a good day to sail...says my hubby...who happens to also have a birthday on the same day. :p

You are welcome for the research. hehe

I have been both on November 12th and also sailed during December 10 and not much difference in our sailings. Of course, you can never predict weather and it could change in a heartbeat no matter what time of year. But, if I had a choice to pick from my birthday or a month later, I would go for my birthday. :D November 12th is a good day to sail...says my hubby...who happens to also have a birthday on the same day. :p

Thanks Kim! I am treating myself to a B6 and a spa pass for Nov. 12. I can't wait. I hope I'll get to meet you on the ship. I love following your cruise adventures.

Patti

Thanks Kim! I am treating myself to a B6 and a spa pass for Nov. 12. I can't wait. I hope I'll get to meet you on the ship. I love following your cruise adventures.

Patti

Congrats. I was going to do the B6 too...until I found the B4 with a bigger balcony. :D I hope I made the right decision. I hope to meet you as well. Our cruise booking just grew last night...added my oldest daughter, Kendra, and her family to the cruise. Oh dear! :p I knew I wasn't going to get away without her going. :o

Congrats. I was going to do the B6 too...until I found the B4 with a bigger balcony. :D I hope I made the right decision. I hope to meet you as well. Our cruise booking just grew last night...added my oldest daughter, Kendra, and her family to the cruise. Oh dear! :p I knew I wasn't going to get away without her going. :o

I hope she makes it to the airport on time! Have you worked out your travel/hotel plans yet?

It is too soon for flights but I booked transportation and the Hilton on Cocoa Beach for the night before. I am celebrating in style for this birthday!

I hope she makes it to the airport on time! Have you worked out your travel/hotel plans yet?

It is too soon for flights but I booked transportation and the Hilton on Cocoa Beach for the night before. I am celebrating in style for this birthday!

Nope no plans yet. Kendra is trying to engage me in plans, but it's too soon for me at the moment. I told her yesterday "Let me get my Breeze cruise out of the way, plan the summer vacation and then we'll talk" :D I don't think she liked that answer. :p I usually don't start booking things until the flights open up. Is it 6 months prior for SW? I can't remember. Heck, I still don't have my flight planned for coming home for my cruise in 57 days. :eek: :o

Nope no plans yet. Kendra is trying to engage me in plans, but it's too soon for me at the moment. I told her yesterday "Let me get my Breeze cruise out of the way, plan the summer vacation and then we'll talk" :D I don't think she liked that answer. :p I usually don't start booking things until the flights open up. Is it 6 months prior for SW? I can't remember. Heck, I still don't have my flight planned for coming home for my cruise in 57 days. :eek: :o

Southwest is opening up their schedule on February 18 for flights through November 4. So you'll need to wait a little while longer to book flights. If you can, book your flights the day Southwest opens up their schedule. For our non-stop flight from Albany to FLL in a few weeks, we ended up paying less than $250/person. Last year, our return flight alone was over $250/person.

You can find information about their schedule releases here: https://www.southwest.com/flight/request-schedule.html?clk=GSUBNAV-AIR-SCHEDULES

And glad you ended up booking one of the B4s. My parents really enjoyed the balcony in their cabin.

Southwest is opening up their schedule on February 18 for flights through November 4. So you'll need to wait a little while longer to book flights. If you can, book your flights the day Southwest opens up their schedule. For our non-stop flight from Albany to FLL in a few weeks, we ended up paying less than $250/person. Last year, our return flight alone was over $250/person.

You can find information about their schedule releases here: https://www.southwest.com/flight/request-schedule.html?clk=GSUBNAV-AIR-SCHEDULES

And glad you ended up booking one of the B4s. My parents really enjoyed the balcony in their cabin.

So how does this work? Each day do they increase the days opening up or no? For instance on Feb 19, then Nov 5 will open up and so on. :confused: (I just broke the news to Kendra, she's not happy about the dates not covering Nov 11th LOL).

I will make sure to try to keep up-to-date on the openings and check out the prices. We don't have to pay for our flights now so I don't even remember what the pricing was when we purchased our upcoming flights for the cruise. I know prior I have managed to get some really good pricing (around $118 pp). I watch them every day when I can. :)

So how does this work? Each day do they increase the days opening up or no? For instance on Feb 19, then Nov 5 will open up and so on. :confused: (I just broke the news to Kendra, she's not happy about the dates not covering Nov 11th LOL).

I will make sure to try to keep up-to-date on the openings and check out the prices. We don't have to pay for our flights now so I don't even remember what the pricing was when we purchased our upcoming flights for the cruise. I know prior I have managed to get some really good pricing (around $118 pp). I watch them every day when I can. :)

They open up blocks at a time. So if they open up flights on February 19, it will most likely be a month or two before they open up the next block of flights. It is just one of those things I constantly check if I know I have a trip coming up. Plus, I'm on the SWA site quite a bit and it is just one of those things I check.

• 2 weeks later...
We are looking at the Escape 11782 and I can not find out if it cuts out the balcony or makes it larger. Very hard to tell on these plans

Angled balconies on Escape are larger than standard balconies.

So they are larger?
Yes. That's why I answered that they are larger. :rolleyes:

• 11 months later...
Did your parents get any sun on their balcony? I have 14049 booked but am afraid that the overhang with block out 100% of the sun.

We had 14049. The entire balcony is covered. However, depending on where the sun is during the day, you can still get sun on the balcony.

PB130357%20copy-L.jpg

PB130359%20copy-L.jpg

PB130358%20copy-L.jpg

If you are interested in seeing all the pictures of the room, you can look HERE.

• 1 year later...