Cheers...$49.95/day...PLUS gratuities???

jinglesmountjoy

It's pretty well documented in these forums that it is plus gratuities. I think for a 7 day cruise with 2 in a room it comes out to around $804 (approximate).

I read this on the "definitive cheers" post and realize now that the statement is quite ambiguous....

"QUESTION: Are tips and Taxes included

A: TIPs are included. TAXES while in US waters (IE embarkement day, key west stops, etc) Will be added onto your S&S Account. The package itself is NOT taxed, you will only pay tax on individual drinks in US waters regardless of when you buy the program."

Tips are not actually included... they are simply Pre-paid.

Man... this keeps getting more and more expensive....:(

The package is $49.95 a day, plus the "auto-gratuity" of 15% makes it roughly $57.50 a day. Expensive yes, but personally I loved the auto gratuity and just being done with it up front.

This. Exactly this. Even if I don't drink all 15 drinks in a day; the peace of mind of having it paid for up front is worth it to me. I hate having to check my S&S account daily (sometimes multiple times, I can be OCD with my S&S account :rolleyes:) to see how much I have left. (I do cash S&S. One bad experience years ago with a credit/debit S&S account convinced me to only do cash S&S from then on.) Also, it's really not that hard to hit the "break even point" on the Cheers! pricing versus paying drink by drink. Plus soda is included on Cheers! and doesn't count towards your drink limit. So that's a bonus for me.