Wine Package

uswcer55

So I ordered the 5 bottle wine package (7 night cruise). My question is, can I only have one bottle a day or could I, hypothetically of course because it would kill me in reality, have all 5 in one day? Do they limit when/where/how you redeem your wine vouchers?

Thanks!

You can use your wine package voucher at any bar on the ship, in the MDR or specialty restaurants like the steakhouse. I never heard they monitor if you use multiple vouchers a day.

I remember bringing into the MDR my opened wine bottle from the package that I got from one of the ships on the bar. When I finished it, I used another voucher in the MDR. Nothing was questioned of when and where I purchased the bottle I had just finished.

Enjoy the wine package and your cruise.:cool:

I might add that it is also helpful to order wine for dinner the following night before leaving the MDR, when you show up for dinner the next night the wine will be waiting for you.

My last cruise left me with 2 unused tickets, so I just asked the MDR waiter for 2 bottles that I took back unopened and just brought them home with me.

This is my first time doing it. I was told by the representative on the phone that the tickets would be waiting for me in my cabin. There is also no limit on how many tickets you use in a day (asked people in a post a few days ago).

We always order the package.

It can be used at any bar but the selection is more limited.

We usually get a bottle to go at dinner and take it on deck to watch a movie.

Also if you don't finish a bottle at dinner you can take it with you or they will save it for the next night

You have to call to order it. I got some cases of water at the same time. There are three levels of the package which you can look at online. Basically the quality of wine.

I didn't see anything when I looked online just individual prices per bottle. The only packages I saw were for hard liquor and pop

I didn't see anything when I looked online just individual prices per bottle. The only packages I saw were for hard liquor and pop

Search "Cruise the Vineyards" on the Carnival site.

Edit: Well...that used to work. I am at a loss now. I swear, I printed it just the other day. Basics on the 5 bottle package:

Basic Wine Package: $131 -- wines included are on the menus at the $25-28 level.

Deluxe Wine Package: $153 -- wines included are on the menus at the $29-39 level.

Premium Wine Package: $193 -- wines included are on the menus at the $40-45 level.

The list I have of available wines is not the entire wine list. The selections are limited to one or maybe two of each type of wine.

Edit #2 -- Found it! https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1358

Edited by kbanowsky
to correct information

Search "Cruise the Vineyards" on the Carnival site.

Edit: Well...that used to work. I am at a loss now. I swear, I printed it just the other day. Basics on the 5 bottle package:

Basic Wine Package: $131 -- wines included are on the menus at the $25-28 level.

Deluxe Wine Package: $153 -- wines included are on the menus at the $29-39 level.

Premium Wine Package: $193 -- wines included are on the menus at the $40-45 level.

The list I have of available wines is not the entire wine list. The selections are limited to one or maybe two of each type of wine.

Edit #2 -- Found it! https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1358

Great thanks for doing the leg work for me lol ;)

We just did the wine package last week on the Valor. Worked out well, ordered the $131 package, no issues with the wine and was good. We paid for this prior to trip on phone.

We rec'd our vouchers at dinner the first night on ship in MDR, we did not receive them in room as expected. Also, had to ask for them from head waiter who actually signed each one of the vouchers with his name and a number after the name. We ordered a bottle for dinner that night.

Also note that there was a white board in front of dinning room stating you could purchase a wine package from your head waiter etc., did not bother with reading entire message on board as we had already purchased etc. When we were leaving I happened to be waiting for DH and read the entire message on board. The purchase price through the dinning room for the same package was $114. I went back in to ask the front desk person and they told me it was a special thru the dinning room that night. I went to GS and asked about the price difference and they said the dinning room run specials onboard and they are not advertised as they are not consistent and we could have waited etc. So, next time we go we may wait to purchase until we get onboard.

Also note you can call room service to bring you up a bottle or 2 as well, they come up and take the voucher(s) and ask for your wine preference.

We just did the wine package last week on the Valor. Worked out well, ordered the $131 package, no issues with the wine and was good. We paid for this prior to trip on phone.

We rec'd our vouchers at dinner the first night on ship in MDR, we did not receive them in room as expected. Also, had to ask for them from head waiter who actually signed each one of the vouchers with his name and a number after the name. We ordered a bottle for dinner that night.

Also note that there was a white board in front of dinning room stating you could purchase a wine package from your head waiter etc., did not bother with reading entire message on board as we had already purchased etc. When we were leaving I happened to be waiting for DH and read the entire message on board. The purchase price through the dinning room for the same package was $114. I went back in to ask the front desk person and they told me it was a special thru the dinning room that night. I went to GS and asked about the price difference and they said the dinning room run specials onboard and they are not advertised as they are not consistent and we could have waited etc. So, next time we go we may wait to purchase until we get onboard.

Also note you can call room service to bring you up a bottle or 2 as well, they come up and take the voucher(s) and ask for your wine preference.

Remember That $114 price will not include the 15% gratuity If you add the gratuity it come's to $131 it's the same on ship or thru Bonvoyage

Remember That $114 price will not include the 15% gratuity If you add the gratuity it come's to $131 it's the same on ship or thru Bonvoyage

Website does say "price includes 15% gratuity" so that "special" does seem pretty ordinary.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Website does say "price includes 15% gratuity" so that "special" does seem pretty ordinary.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Perceptive ~ and a good call from you and Bases5 remembering the gratuity.

I called The Fun Shop, talked to the sweetest lady ever and she emailed me the package info with all the wines listed. I will post tomorrow when I get it off my laptop, but this was an easy 5 minute call with immediate response should anyone want it right away. I am going to have my own little wine tasting pre-cruise to make sure I like at least one of the selections.

So glad to find out they come as vouchers and you can choose which wines! I was under the impression all 5 different varieties would be in my cabin once I boarded. This is the perfect alternative to "Cheers" for my 7 day cruise.

Perceptive ~ and a good call from you and Bases5 remembering the gratuity.

I called The Fun Shop, talked to the sweetest lady ever and she emailed me the package info with all the wines listed. I will post tomorrow when I get it off my laptop, but this was an easy 5 minute call with immediate response should anyone want it right away. I am going to have my own little wine tasting pre-cruise to make sure I like at least one of the selections.

So glad to find out they come as vouchers and you can choose which wines! I was under the impression all 5 different varieties would be in my cabin once I boarded. This is the perfect alternative to "Cheers" for my 7 day cruise.

A few years back we took the list of wines in the $131 package to total wine.

There was 10 different choices so we bought all 10 to try to see what ones we liked.

That way we didn't waste a bottle on something we didn't like.

Anyhow the total for all 10 (not 5) was $ 73

When you purchase the wine package over the phone, I believe they charge sales tax. Also if you purchase the wine package on board prior to sail away, they also charge tax. You should purchase the wine package at sea in the MDR and they will not charge sales tax.