Taxi from MIA to Holiday Inn Bayside and..

Disneynutbsv

tip is tip

15 to 20% is the going rate today IME

(flat rate to the port is IMO to avoid arguments from the MANY riders of this route over a dollar or two variance that can happen due to traffic delays or route taken .... going to a near port hotel? Then the constant factor of the port no longer applies; but the cost should be similar)

I always ask what the flat rate is for XYZ hotel as I'm getting in the cab. The first time I took a cab from MIA, I was told the charge was much more than I had read on here (the driver pointed to the meter)......and so I questioned him. Surprise! He told me $25 (a couple years ago)! :eek:

Be an informed traveler....and don't be afraid to let you taxi driver know you are!!

The flat rate is only for trips directly from MIA to PortMiami. The meter will be running when going to your hotel, even though it is across the street from the port. Still shouldn't be much more than $30 plus tip.

Well, we were charged the flat rate a few years ago from MIA to Holiday Inn POM. That is why I answered how I did. :)

If a taxi drove you off-meter to a downtown hotel that likely means the driver pocketed the entire fare rather than add it to the till. Did he confirm you were paying cash before agreeing to the flat rate; that would confirm it. He cannot log the trip as airport-seaport as there will be no recorded entry and exit from the port through the dedicated taxi lanes.