Beward of Terminal 29 at Ft. Lauderdale

HokiePoq

Every Celbrity cruise that we have been on out of port Everglades at the weekend has embarked at terminal 25 which is ok. The problem is that they disembark through terminal 22/24 so everyone has to walk the full length of the ship on an uncovered walkway to reach that terminal. Princess usually use 21 and Hal have used 26 and 29. Silhouette left from 25 two years ago and returned to same berth but disembarkation was through 22/24.

That place is awful for disembarking....after the long oudoor walk., you are funneled into a narrow area for luggage pick up and then crammed into the lines for customs,....outside, the taxi area was inadequate , disorganized and congested...

Lately we prefer to walkoff, unless able to fly with luggage valet...but not sure how it woud be hauling bags along that walkway....the one we came into recently was in the boonies but no long walk to the shuttles to take us to the midport garage...

Are the planning to upgrade any of these areas? The one for Connie is very convenient...and functions well,

I too was on the Equinox 01/02 sailing. I am not sure exactly what time we arrived at the pier, but probably around 1:30-2:00 ish. There was still a long and slowly moving line. I've never taken that long to board a ship. A celebrity employee said that they were behind because they had 900 people on a some kind of loop cruise with no passport. I have no idea what that means. Why would people cruise with no passport? Anyway, then we also received the letter stating that 29 was not their regular terminal. For disembarkation we were at a different pier, number 18, I think. Disembarkation was very efficient. Super quick and easy.

I have to say there were many more elderly people on this cruise than any I have ever been on. For them that long wait could have been an issue.

• 3 weeks later...
That place is awful for disembarking....after the long oudoor walk., you are funneled into a narrow area for luggage pick up and then crammed into the lines for customs,....outside, the taxi area was inadequate , disorganized and congested...

Lately we prefer to walkoff, unless able to fly with luggage valet...but not sure how it woud be hauling bags along that walkway....the one we came into recently was in the boonies but no long walk to the shuttles to take us to the midport garage...

Are the planning to upgrade any of these areas? The one for Connie is very convenient...and functions well,

There have been complaints about this area for years. I don't know if that is why the Eclipse was moved to Miami last year. Connie uses the berth close to the Princess one and the Equinox varies. If it is in midweek, it uses 18 but since Oasis and Allure are in every weekend that terminal is kept for them. If it is a weekend then it goes from where there is space. Silhouette uses the 24/25 area which is a pain at weekends as you have the second Princess ship and Celebrity all fighting for the same taxi queue.

The UK flights are usually very late at night so we are never in a rush to get anywhere. Usually we stay a night or so but the hotel rooms are never ready so again there is no rush.

On January 2, Celebrity requested Terminal 29, due to maintenance to the ship.

Celebrity normally sails from Terminal 18 or Terminal 25.

On this day, terminal 25 was available, but CELEBRITY wanted Terminal 29. Yes, it was their first time at Terminal 29.

Terminal 25 will be remodeled next year and Terminal 29 is scheduled within the next 4 years.

Edited by foflocruiser