Cocoa Cay

Lots of changes. Biggest one, IMHO, is the expansion of facilities on island. There are more beach areas available with chairs, there are cabanas for rent. There is area for large flowing platforms and other flowing climbing/sliding entertainment. There is also a large water slide on land but did not see it in action. They have expanded other opportunities for spending money, i.e. parasailing, jet skis.

As to Royal putting Coco Cay up for sail, I would too if I could replace it with a island/area that had a dock or could have a dock built. Do not know the exact stats, but I would guess 25% of cruises do not get to Coco Cay. If on a 3 day cruise, then you lose out, if on a 4 day cruise, maybe able to get back on sea day. Longer day sailings have to move on, so it is a disappointment to those cruisers especially first timer cruisers. We have missed over the years at least 4 times in getting to Coco Cay. We just did get there this past Tuesday, but they did stop tendering for a short period of time in morning.

We too are going back for the first time in 10 years. I can't wait to see how things are. I have read that RCCI has put the island up for sale. I think that's kind of sad.

Coco Cay (Little Stirrup Cay, Bahamas) is not for sale.

Royal only leases the island from the Bahamas, so they couldn't sell it if they wanted.. Maybe transfer the lease to another line but with all the investment in the little island that would be highly unlikely.