B B King's

JPH814

It is way toooooo loud for us.

We walked by the Queen's Lounge one evening on one of the ships -- my ears were killing me in the hallway.

No way do I want to lose my hearing.

Good for you if you like loud music.

My husband would agree with you; however, he wears ear plugs in almost all venues, including the theater. For him, it's a solution that lets him enjoy the music at a comfortable level. Just a suggestion for you.

They should be called the HAL R&B band, as it has little to do with BBK.

They are good players that can play R&B pop, read, and improvise very well.

The band mostly has a good repertoire, and appeals to the 50ish and up.

I remember once where they lauded this drummer, but man he was hitting that set so hard, it was unpleasant. Also the sound men at the mixers are getting deaf. so they pump it up, in all the venues.

I agree that folks with sensitive ears should always carry dampers to stuff them.

Could not imagine anything else in the QL at night.....

Wish they would play more blues :)

All the musicians come from BB King clubs. On our cruises, one band was from the Memphis club and the other was from the Nashville club. Their set list is fairly similar to what they play in the actual BB King clubs, although it tends to be a little more danceable.

Take a look at the link below, and you'll see that there are BB King All Stars at each of the clubs. The band is called the BB King All Stars or the BB King All Star Band on the HAL ships. If you were expecting the late BB King to be on stage playing "The Thrill is Gone," or "Paying the Cost to Be the Boss," you'll be disappointed. However, if you realize that it's bands formed from musicians from the clubs that bear his name, you'll know what you're getting.

I couldn't agree more!

I agree too. On Noordam and Oosterdam last year and went about every nite for at least 1 set. Met band leader who happened to be same on both ships. Was great entertainment and highlight of both cruises. Blues, rock, soul - Aretha, Bonnie Raitt, Whitney, Marvin, maybe some Stones here and there and yes even BB King. Just great for us "Baby Boomers". Never noticed being extra loud at all.

Definitely looking forward to BB King Club Band on next cruise leaving in two weeks. We don't do the showroom song and dance stuff nor the piano bar. Just not into that.