New Drink Package on Royal Caribbean?

Canam778

I just returned from a cruise on Vision of the Seas. About midway through the 10 night cruise a bar server told me about a new drink package. For $75 I got a "10 Drinks Savings Card - Share drinks with family & friends onboard".

This package provided any drink including top shelf liquor. Also included in the $75 was the 18% gratuities. I went for it. It was a great package.

Is this a new package being offered fleet-wide or was it a test of some kind?

There have been a few mentions of this "Card" in past few weeks. But I don't recall them being offered at the beginning of a cruise, always towards the end. I suppose they don't want to keep people from buying a package, but they will sell a few of these cards to the non-package cruisers.

Wondering if the card will get you wine by the glass, and if it does, is it limited to $8/glass or $12/glass like the PP and UP.

dp

This has been showing up on various ships at various prices. In Dec. on LB it was 10 drinks for $69, I think including tip. I should have bought it, lol. This was offered on the third day of a 7 night cruise. The next week it was only offered on the sixth day. I will be asking a bartender on SR about this on my Feb. 5 cruise.

There have been a few mentions of this "Card" in past few weeks. But I don't recall them being offered at the beginning of a cruise, always towards the end. I suppose they don't want to keep people from buying a package, but they will sell a few of these cards to the non-package cruisers.

Wondering if the card will get you wine by the glass, and if it does, is it limited to $8/glass or $12/glass like the PP and UP.

dp

Yes, you could have a $12/glass of wine. My wife loved it and I loved the Balvenie single malt.

This was a flat price at $75, no gratuities added.

I'm sure many in our group wold love that card option. I'll be going with a package anyway, but for some less than moderate wine drinkers, after the wine you bring onboard is empty, one could supplement the rest of the cruise with on or 2 of these cards.

Even the mostly beer drinkers could make du with a select package and use this card for a few cocktails instead of getting a PP ou UP for the full cruise.

dp

Yes, you could have a $12/glass of wine. My wife loved it and I loved the Balvenie single malt.

This was a flat price at $75, no gratuities added.

I was going to get premium package, but since I have diamond and suite lounge this seems like a better add on.

I was going to get premium package, but since I have diamond and suite lounge this seems like a better add on.

I agree! I like frozen drinks that I can't get in the lounges, but don't drink enough to buy one of the drink packages. I bought a drink card on Liberty and hope I can get one next month on Enchantment [emoji485][emoji483][emoji572]️.

Going on Allure May 1st, looks like the drink packages have increased twice since I booked. My travel agent says to wait until we board, as there may be specials, bt having 3 more months who knows what the prices may or may not increase, any opinions, thanks in advance.

Going on Allure May 1st, looks like the drink packages have increased twice since I booked. My travel agent says to wait until we board, as there may be specials, bt having 3 more months who knows what the prices may or may not increase, any opinions, thanks in advance.

Just a guess, but I'd bet on prices continuing to go up.

I am Diamond and in a suite as well. This card would be great for a pina colada during the day & an after dinner drink or mimosa w breakfast. Hope they offer it on the OASIS

I would kill for this card!!! Their current drink package price (the one that includes all alcohol) is outrageous for my 9 day sailing but 1 or 2 of these cards would be perfect $150 -$200 is a great price for me

Edited by missy428