Goff Caye instead Harvest Caye but with which Company?

pitmindi

I have a complete review done on Goffs Caye from the day we were there a few weeks ago. It's very picture intensive. If you are interested in it, you can click HERE and it will drop you off at the page it's located at. Just scroll down until that portion of the review starts.

Thank you!

We leave Sunday and I'm trying to pack today. It's stressing me out a bit. Anyone who's been to Goffs Caye, do we need water shoes? I'm packing for younger children and hoping to get away with flip flops for our beach days. We also go to West End in Roatan and chankanaab in Cozumel. We have the hiking sandals/water shoes I could take along as well, but they're a lot bulkier than flip flops and water shoes. Trying to limit the amount of things we're hauling on each excursion. Thanks!

We leave Sunday and I'm trying to pack today. It's stressing me out a bit. Anyone who's been to Goffs Caye, do we need water shoes? I'm packing for younger children and hoping to get away with flip flops for our beach days. We also go to West End in Roatan and chankanaab in Cozumel. We have the hiking sandals/water shoes I could take along as well, but they're a lot bulkier than flip flops and water shoes. Trying to limit the amount of things we're hauling on each excursion. Thanks!

Just go to WalMart or Dick;s or The Academy Sports stores, et.al. and pick up a cheap pair of watershoes. They pack as flat as flops. Shove then down the side of a suitcase. For most beach days, like in Chank or West Bay, flops are fine. Anytime you'll be in or walking through the water or in a boat, flops could easily come off the feet and get lost.

Edited by crewsweeper

For what it's worth, we brought along water shoes for Goff's Caye and then ended up never using them. It was a bit rocky, but nothing that truly hurt our feet enough to warrant shoes. Maybe we just have tough feet? LOL

We just got back last Saturday and I still haven't had time to post my review. I will try to get one up in the next few days. We went to Paradise Beach in Cozumel, Goff's Caye in Belize, and Bananarama in Roatan. (Spoiler alert: Goff's Caye was not our favorite place, although I certainly expected it to be.)

• 5 weeks later...
Rum punch isn't free "at Goff Caye"...it's free sometimes with the vendor you book with to go there. :)

Thanks for your great review. I understand that you booked islanrmarket was the company you used for 40.00, do they stay with you on the island? Can you go back to cruise ship any time you want or do they have a certain schedule?

Thanks for your great review. I understand that you booked islanrmarket was the company you used for 40.00, do they stay with you on the island? Can you go back to cruise ship any time you want or do they have a certain schedule?

Yes, they stay with you there on the island and serve you your drinks. :D No everyone goes back at the same time since it's by boat and not that close to the ship to be running everyone back and forth during the day. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Is the water rough on the ferry to goff's.?

The ferry ride in to Belize isn't bumpy is it?

My daughter fractured 2 vertebra so we have to avoid anything like that with any impact. Past excursions didn't get rough until way out at sea so I think know we are ok...we have been to belize just never noticed because it wasn't a issue!

Is the water rough on the ferry to goff's.?

The ferry ride in to Belize isn't bumpy is it?

My daughter fractured 2 vertebra so we have to avoid anything like that with any impact. Past excursions didn't get rough until way out at sea so I think know we are ok...we have been to belize just never noticed because it wasn't a issue!

The boat ride to Goff's Caye would likely be too rough for someone nursing fractured vertebrae and trying to avoid impact. The tender from the ship to Belize is not bad and shouldn't be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Is the snorkeling from the shore at Goff's Caye?

They actually go out a little way from the shore in a boat (in the boat they brought you to the island on). They will let everyone know that wants to snorkel when they will be heading out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Anyone experience booking this excursion directly from the port upon arrival? I see the Goff Caye rates range from $40-$55 online for booking ahead of time. What can we expect to pay upon arrival? Will it be much more? We have a full day planned both the day before and day after our arrival in Belize and might want to use this day to rest on the boat. Should we change our minds, might there be any trouble booking last minute?

Is the snorkeling from the shore at Goff's Caye?

As another poster said, they have a boat they take you out on the other side of the island (the rocky side) and you swim around the island and back in.

However, there's plenty of snorkeling right from the shore as well. If you look at my Goff's Caye review (in my signature line) you will see tons of pictures from my snorkeling right from shore. :)

Anyone experience booking this excursion directly from the port upon arrival? I see the Goff Caye rates range from $40-$55 online for booking ahead of time. What can we expect to pay upon arrival? Will it be much more? We have a full day planned both the day before and day after our arrival in Belize and might want to use this day to rest on the boat. Should we change our minds, might there be any trouble booking last minute?

I went with Exotic Island Adventures and essentially walked up. They are in the terminal down to the left inside the shopping area with a bunch of others. I was booked on an excursion with them that included flying to ambergris key but we were late anchoring and the group had gone. They gave me an option of a full cash refund (I had paid by credit card of course) or taking another trip. I chose the Goffs key trip and they refunded the difference in cash. I had to wait about 45 minutes for the regularly scheduled departure but they had room for me. I had never used them before but based on the professional way I was treated I certainly would again. It was a good trip.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I really want to go to Goffs Caye but cant pre-book. My Goddaughter is dealing with chemo and cant guarantee she will feel up to it. Will it cost much more than the $40 I can get it for online if we wait and find a local to purchase from when we get off of the ship? Thanks!