Any suggestions appreciated..........

mfisher59

What would be the easiest and allowable way to have the bottled water I have delivered to the room, heated to make my own tea/instant coffee?

We've sailed on Carnival time and time again, just don't know if we can stomach another whole week of the horrid tea and coffee. Hot plate is a "no".

Would it be too imposing to ask the steward to have the bottled water heated for us in a carafe maybe?

I'm trying to avoid "their" water. That's what kills it for me...... So if I could get them to heat the bottled water that I have in the room that would solve my problem. But do you think that would be too much to ask?

I do not think they are going to take your bottled water & heat it up for you

you could ask

Do not understand the problem with the water on the ship it is probably better than some bottled waters

Edited by LHT28

I do not think they are going to take your bottled water & heat it up for you

you could ask

Do not understand the problem with the water on the ship it is probably better than some bottled waters

This.

There are better ways of getting exercise than lugging bottled water onto a cruise ship.

Out of curiosity, why are you trying to avoid the ship's water? Once it's heated and you've added tea or coffee, plus whatever flavorings or sweeteners you use, you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between it and heated bottled water.

I don't know if this would be allowed, but it's worth considering. Of course, you'd have to make certain that it's unplugged and completely cooled off before leaving your cabin.

http://www.amazon.com/Instant-Immersion-Heater-Portable-Beverage/dp/B000VK0DRY

Edited by beachbum53

I seriously doubt if they would heat your bottled water for you. And as others have said, the on board water with most cruise lines is of a very high quality due to the supply processes used and would not likely impact the quality of the tea or coffee. That is more likely a result of a lower end product to start with.

I am sure if you used your own tea bags with the hot water supply from the restaurants you would be fine.

Out of curiosity, why are you trying to avoid the ship's water? Once it's heated and you've added tea or coffee, plus whatever flavorings or sweeteners you use, you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between it and heated bottled water.

I don't know if this would be allowed, but it's worth considering. Of course, you'd have to make certain that it's unplugged and completely cooled off before leaving your cabin.

http://www.amazon.com/Instant-Immersion-Heater-Portable-Beverage/dp/B000VK0DRY

Definitely not allowed.

You may be right. The conversations we've had have always been about the water, maybe it's just the mix/brand of tea that's not enjoyable to us.

OK, that opens up some options that are easy, thanks all!

Take your own tea bags

Some ships do not BOIL the water for tea it is just warmed up & then the tea is yucky tasting

ask for boiling water

Edited by LHT28

I seriously doubt if they would heat your bottled water for you. And as others have said, the on board water with most cruise lines is of a very high quality due to the supply processes used and would not likely impact the quality of the tea or coffee. That is more likely a result of a lower end product to start with.

I am sure if you used your own tea bags with the hot water supply from the restaurants you would be fine.

The hot water on British ships is barely hot enough to make tea. On an American ship, with the McDonalds case in the background and (no disrespect) a certain lack of understanding of how to get a decent brew :(, it wouldn't survive the trip down to the cabin.

Water for tea should be boiling - 212 degrees. Boiling to the extent that my Grandma used to say, take the teapot to the kettle, not the kettle to the teapot.

What would be the easiest and allowable way to have the bottled water I have delivered to the room, heated to make my own tea/instant coffee?

We've sailed on Carnival time and time again, just don't know if we can stomach another whole week of the horrid tea and coffee. Hot plate is a "no".

Would it be too imposing to ask the steward to have the bottled water heated for us in a carafe maybe?

We often do room service... they will deliver hot water to your cabin free of charge... it would be nice if you would tip the person bring the hot water.