Allure - change in Western stops for 2016/2017 (?)

We are booked on the Jan 8-15, 2017 sailing on the Allure's Western itinerary. My wife noticed the change 3 days ago. Since we booked with RCCL directly, she called yesterday afternoon and was told that if there was a change, we would have been notified. The Rep. told her to hold on while she checked further. She came back verifying that there was indeed a change. She was unable to give us a reason why the changes were made. Labadee was replaced with Nassau and Falmouth, Jamaica was replaced with Costa Maya, Mexico. Let's see if it stays that way. Our booking still shows the original itinerary. Looks like Oct. 30, 2016 sailing is the last sailing using the original itinerary.

I'm on the same sailing and was none too happy about the changes. That being said, the itinerary has once again been revised back to its original state. Cozumel, Falmouth and Labadee it is. Again. I spoke with RCCL this morning and she verified this but wasn't able to offer any explanation.

Just curious about what's happening...

I'm on the same sailing and was none too happy about the changes. That being said, the itinerary has once again been revised back to its original state. Cozumel, Falmouth and Labadee it is. Again. I spoke with RCCL this morning and she verified this but wasn't able to offer any explanation.

Just curious about what's happening...

I'm going to stick with my theory that only the October 30th sailing is changed. We will see what really happens. It is not unlikely for the website to have these problems. For awhile, Allure Western itineraries were showing Nassau instead of Labadee, but that was indeed an error.

I'm going to stick with my theory that only the October 30th sailing is changed. We will see what really happens. It is not unlikely for the website to have these problems. For awhile, Allure Western itineraries were showing Nassau instead of Labadee, but that was indeed an error.

We got our notification from RCCL today via email for the 10/30 sailing, and the website is now showing the new itinerary every other week through February or March.

We got our notification from RCCL today via email for the 10/30 sailing, and the website is now showing the new itinerary every other week through February or March.

I know what the website is showing, but my speculation is that only the October 30th sailing is impacted, and the rest of the sailings after that are not supposed to be changed. Also, reference the flyer posted earlier in this thread - it also makes me think that.

I know what the website is showing, but my speculation is that only the October 30th sailing is impacted, and the rest of the sailings after that are not supposed to be changed. Also, reference the flyer posted earlier in this thread - it also makes me think that.

Hope for your sake your right.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Here's what my TA got back from RCCL today when I asked her about the change, which BTW she had no knowledge of:

"As for the reasoning - the change was actually made in order to correct some logistic challenges that the original itinerary had. We're confident that the new itinerary will be very popular with the guests - very few guests know about all of the developments in Costa Maya including a massive new water park.

I've included information about Costa Maya.

Costa Maya is quickly becoming the most-improved destination in the Caribbean and is continuing to grow and expand. The most impressive change has been the completion of a massive, top-of-the-line waterpark that is just a 10 to 15-minute walk from the cruise pier. Below is the link to a promotional video for the park:

Costa has also completely redeveloped its cruise village located just off the cruise pier. New shops and restaurants line the perimeter of the streets serving local food and drinks."

Here's what my TA got back from RCCL today when I asked her about the change, which BTW she had no knowledge of:

"As for the reasoning - the change was actually made in order to correct some logistic challenges that the original itinerary had. We're confident that the new itinerary will be very popular with the guests - very few guests know about all of the developments in Costa Maya including a massive new water park.

I've included information about Costa Maya.

Costa Maya is quickly becoming the most-improved destination in the Caribbean and is continuing to grow and expand. The most impressive change has been the completion of a massive, top-of-the-line waterpark that is just a 10 to 15-minute walk from the cruise pier. Below is the link to a promotional video for the park:

Costa has also completely redeveloped its cruise village located just off the cruise pier. New shops and restaurants line the perimeter of the streets serving local food and drinks."

What week is your cruise?

Bill

Maybe the Harmony sailings have something to do with the changes? Harmony starts sailing in November in the US and the Western itinerary includes Labadee and Jamaica.

There could be something to that. Oasis and Allure will both be leaving on Sunday by the end of the year. Well, at least Oasis and one of the other two.