Time To Board

Fish66

boarding should commence between 11.45-12 noon all going well so you could lob up anytime and get on early and have lunch and one good thing with princess your room should be ready so you drop off your carry on luggage

After our last cruise, we have decided that we will board as late as we can so that we miss the crowds...figured we would drop our luggage off and go have lunch somewhere in the area and board once the rush has died down. Less stressful start to our holidays :)

After our last cruise, we have decided that we will board as late as we can so that we miss the crowds...figured we would drop our luggage off and go have lunch somewhere in the area and board once the rush has died down. Less stressful start to our holidays :)

We're the opposite, we just want to get on and start our holiday.

We have done this numerous times but normally because we were travelling with people who had specific boarding times later in the afternoon. We now have priority boarding with a few lines so we just go with whatever suits at the time.

Me too.. I wanna get on ASAP

I'm off next week to NZ and I'll be waiting at pt.melb at 10am lol

i havent embarked in Melb but going by Sydney check in starts anytime after 10am and you should be onboard having lunch by 12 noon

We're the opposite, we just want to get on and start our holiday.

I find that waiting in line annoys me as you can see the ship and all you want to do is get onboard but there are all these people in the way :D So if we wait till the crowd has boarded, we can just get on quicker - albeit a bit later :p

I find that waiting in line annoys me as you can see the ship and all you want to do is get onboard but there are all these people in the way :D So if we wait till the crowd has boarded, we can just get on quicker - albeit a bit later :p

So rather than stand in a line(that normally keeps moving) for say 30 minutes or even an hour because you can see the ship but cannot get to it and because you want to board as soon as possible you go away for a couple of hours till there are no queues and you then board :confused::confused::confused::confused: Hmmmm

We've priority as well but still arrive 1:30pm - 2:30pm and usually get on quickly. Before this I find the bottleneck is the last step in the process - the security scanning as they don't seem to have enough scanners to really process passengers quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've priority as well but still arrive 1:30pm - 2:30pm and usually get on quickly. Before this I find the bottleneck is the last step in the process - the security scanning as they don't seem to have enough scanners to really process passengers quickly.

Agreed.

I've never heard an issue for those arriving later, and been 'quick as' onboard myself later in the afternoon. Never a queuing issue then.

i havent embarked in Melb but going by Sydney check in starts anytime after 10am and you should be onboard having lunch by 12 noon

THANK YOU! I'm sailing from Sydney 11/11/2016, and am staying with my cousins on their property about 1 hour out of Sydney. I'll let them know about this-first cruise so everything's a steep learning curve at the moment!

We always stay overnight at a hotel within a few hundred metres walking distance of the ship & you have to be out by 10-11am, plus we have priority boarding with RCCL or Celebrity due to loyalty membership, so we always turn up just as they open up for boarding & basically walk straight into the OPT.

I'd rather be on board than hang around town, I never feel fully relaxed until I'm on the ship, so the earlier the better for me! :D

THANK YOU! I'm sailing from Sydney 11/11/2016, and am staying with my cousins on their property about 1 hour out of Sydney. I'll let them know about this-first cruise so everything's a steep learning curve at the moment!

Give yourself enough time to get into Sydney and that way you will not be stressed about making it or the queues.