Upgrade Fairy calls

penang32

Hi,

Help please. Just received a call from Celebrity offering us a complimentary upgrade to Aqua class for our South Pacific cruise on Solstice leaving 20th March this year.

Sounds really good however would like input as to the position of the cabin- currently we have allocated cabin no. 7219(on the hump) and have now been offered cabin(forward) up on deck 11, no 1546.

We like the position on deck 7 - low down ,midships, however would like other cruisers opinions on accepting the upgrade. We have been on five cruises before and have never been offered an upgrade.

How much difference would there be in the ships movement from deck 7 to deck 11.

Also would appreciate any comments on the Blu restaurant.

Thanks.

My advice is take it.

Your negative is you will have a smaller balcony.

Your positives are:

Blu restaurant! Open lunch and dinner. My wife would stop right there....

Access to Persian Gardens.

Bottle of champagne.

Near the relaxation room and solarium

Many aqua perks like the shower, fog free mirror,afternoon canapés,better robes, etc etc.

We would do it. Yes

Yes, no lunch in Blu!

I meant to type breakfast.

Can I blame it on spell check or auto correct?

By the way our last cruise, two weeks on a cruise ship, eating in Blu, and my wife had a doctor appointment immediately before and after, she did not gain a pound and we did not visit the gym.

Love Blu

Ive been in 1525 - cabin much the same as any balcony cabin

BLU will make it worthwhile for sure - don't hesitate - BOOK IT!

The spa is pretty dismal as "spas at sea" goes - I was very disappointed in this.

BLU however makes booking AQ worthwhile and if you can get it on an upgrade

Grab it!

We booked 1546 on the Silohuette for our cruise that leaves Sunday! It gets good reviews on the solstice class cabin stickies, handy to elevators, relaxation room, and just a hair salon above. Obviously I'd say book it! We love Blu.

It must be upgrade day for Celebrity. We are on the cruise after yours and I just got a call to offer me an upgrade to Aquaclass cabin 1553. I'm not sure I'm going to take it as we have a wonderful unobstructed mid ship balcony cabin on deck 8 on the hump (that we got in a guarantee and I was thrilled). It seems the Aqua cabin has a large overhang and is under the pool deck so am wondering if the Aqua perks are worth it.... I have to call back soon and decline or accept.

Yes its a free upgrade!

Is Blu worth trading a great balcony for one with a large shaded overhang, right under the pooldeck? I'm not fussed really about Persian garden...

It depends on how much time you will spend on your balcony. Location is a deciding factor for us.

In a warm climate a shaded balcony will help your cabin not get too warm in the daytime. If you like your cabin really cool, the A/C cannot keep up with the sun and outside temperatures. (We DO close our drapes if we are spending the day out of the cabin)

BTW, bring ear plugs no matter what location you select. You never know if you will have noisy neighbors....not just the sounds of pool lounger being moved.

Let us know what you decide.;)

It depends on how much time you will spend on your balcony. Location is a deciding factor for us.

In a warm climate a shaded balcony will help your cabin not get too warm in the daytime. If you like your cabin really cool, the A/C cannot keep up with the sun and outside temperatures. (We DO close our drapes if we are spending the day out of the cabin)

BTW, bring ear plugs no matter what location you select. You never know if you will have noisy neighbors....not just the sounds of pool lounger being moved.

Let us know what you decide.;)

It will be warm but I don't think too bad by April.

I just called Celebrity(just before this last post) and declined with thanks. Asked if they were offering a suite :p but they said no :rolleyes:

Weighing everything up - 2 of the many things I love about cruising are sitting on the balcony and watching the sea go by (these Aquaclass cabins are very high up, and have the overhang and window washing equipment in view) and the grandeur of the main dining room. I would love to try Blu (but maybe only a couple of times) and the Persian gardens to sit on a heated tile chair maybe one time, but was too reluctant to give away my midship unobstructed balcony on the hump. For better or worse.....

Thanks for talking me through it though. Even though I didn't listen to those of you who said go for the upgrade, I just needed to weigh it all up with your help. I love you guys on CC!

Still cant believe the upgrade fairy exists though! And all this from a balcony guarantee!!

Wonder what the OP decided to do - same situation as me.

I just called Celebrity(just before this last post) and declined with thanks. Asked if they were offering a suite :p but they said no :rolleyes:

Weighing everything up - 2 of the many things I love about cruising are sitting on the balcony and watching the sea go by (these Aquaclass cabins are very high up, and have the overhang and window washing equipment in view) and the grandeur of the main dining room. I would love to try Blu (but maybe only a couple of times) and the Persian gardens to sit on a heated tile chair maybe one time, but was too reluctant to give away my midship unobstructed balcony on the hump. For better or worse.....

Thanks for talking me through it though. Even though I didn't listen to those of you who said go for the upgrade, I just needed to weigh it all up with your help. I love you guys on CC!

Still cant believe the upgrade fairy exists though! And all this from a balcony guarantee!!

Wonder what the OP decided to do - same situation as me.

Good Choice. We were upgraded to an Aqua Balcony last year, and it was just 'OK'. The only nice perk was the dinning, but not much of an upgrade from Main Dinning Room. The shower, I didn't care for. If your happy with your location on the ship, you made a great choice!

Good Choice. We were upgraded to an Aqua Balcony last year, and it was just 'OK'. The only nice perk was the dinning, but not much of an upgrade from Main Dinning Room. The shower, I didn't care for. If your happy with your location on the ship, you made a great choice!

Thanks for making me feel better about my choice and stop second guessing myself! I agree - I booked a balcony guarantee and got such a great balcony, so I'm happy to stick to that. I also really like the main dining room, so based on those 2 things, I made the decision I did.

Thanks for making me feel better about my choice and stop second guessing myself! I agree - I booked a balcony guarantee and got such a great balcony, so I'm happy to stick to that. I also really like the main dining room, so based on those 2 things, I made the decision I did.

Absolutely the right choice. I doubt that the average person could tell the difference between a meal from Aqua and one from the MDR. We have always liked Aqua mainly for the ambiance and service, but on the last two voyages, the room was loud for some reason and the service was below par with certain waiters. Breakfast in Aqua? It's nice, but hardly worth the extra cost; we rarely visit. To each his own, of course, but you did well

Absolutely the right choice. I doubt that the average person could tell the difference between a meal from Aqua and one from the MDR. We have always liked Aqua mainly for the ambiance and service, but on the last two voyages, the room was loud for some reason and the service was below par with certain waiters. Breakfast in Aqua? It's nice, but hardly worth the extra cost; we rarely visit. To each his own, of course, but you did well

Thank you Bosox - I'm happy with my choice, just took me a while to figure it out and it was great to get everyone's input to assist with that.