Teen excess phone charges whilst travelling

Thanks Aussieflyer. Would you believe that my daughter has already been to Turkey, (Istanbul), Gallipolli, London, Paris and Belgium with her school at the age of 14. She goes to a selective high school for the performing arts. . Now she is going to Greece and Italy at the age of 16. What a great start in life. She is a good girl and has a "good heart". She is also very grateful.

That's fantastic for her. She must also be very talented in her artistic field to have been included in such opportunities.

You should all be justifiably proud (her included).

As an aside, did you enjoy Radiance? I've been on her a couple of times and also the larger Mariner and actually prefer Radiance.

Just a matter of trying to find a short (i.e. cheap) fill in cruise as we are doing some land holidays this year but I miss the sea.

Edited by Aussieflyer

LOVED Radiance. We all did. Had only been on Voyager before. Nothing negative to say about her. The itinerary was what we wanted and exceeded our expectations. What land tours are you doing?

As you can see on my signature block, we went to South Africa in September last year and spent time in 2 private reserves, amazing, even though we had been to Kruger about 10 years ago. The Rovos Rail trip from the Victoria Falls to Pretoria was great as well. We did the Eastern Orient Express the Christmas before last and really like trains.

In November we are spending time in Japan to see the autumn leaves (been a long time since I was there) and also HKK.

We will probably also do a few trips around Au and wherever else I can find that is not too big. That's why I'd like a little short cruise (maybe even just me as DH is not overly keen) to stave off the cruising withdrawal symptoms.

I have a friend just off Explorer and she said she much preferred the light and openness of Radiance.

Too funny:) . You don't have teenagers do you. Cannot separate a teenager from their phone.

Same goes for a lot of adults these days too, it isn't just teenagers with a phone stuck to their hands.............

Radiance is special. You can see the sea from most places on the ship. My husband asked "where is the promenade" however he got over that quick. Your land tours sound wonderful. I have been on land tours to Sth Korea, Japan and Hong Kong. Love the Asian countries. Going to Singapore next year, a cruise. Take care, safe travels. I must admit that I am feeling apprehensive about my young daughters travel to Europe with all that has happened there. I will deal with it and not stress too much. Yeah right! ;-) She is flying Ethiad.

Glad to hear your mobile phone issue was sorted and you all had a wonderful cruise.

There may be pluses and minuses to teens having mobile phone but when they are overseas with school trips or solo on a gap year, you really do appreciate their ability to provide you with daily updates via whatsapp, snapchat, instagram and facebook from their phones.

I hope your daughter has a wonderful time on her upcoming trip and that you experience many more family cruises together.