Help with cabin choice. Celebrity Summit C1. 6143 vs 8170.

MonaCK

Hi there!

We currently have 6143 on our upcoming cruise on the summit, but 8170 came available. I am torn - I have heard that having the C1s in the middle of suite land means you get superb service from the cabin attendants, but I have also heard so much good about the coveted aft cabins (especially on the interior decks) that i am seriously considering switching.

What would you do?

We have stayed in both types of staterooms on M class ships namely 7208 (aft) & 6143.

Which to pick really depends on what YOU would like most. It's the top cabin staff in "suiteland" (6143) or that extra large aft facing balcony (8170).

To us, no choice..... the aft view and large balcony wins every time. If you have not sailed in one of the great C1 aft cabins, go for it!!! Make the switch.

Congrats on your Weddingmoon and have a great cruise.

My folks had an aft FV last year & it was AMAZING.

I prefer an open balcony so the half open/half covered was great!

What kind of "better" service from the attendants would you expect? Of course, we have had great service on every cruise but one (our attendant got injured so things got hit & miss on that one!) They cannot give you suite perks so I can't imagine what would be the draw on this one. (I am curious if I am missing something!)

We have stayed in both types of staterooms on M class ships namely 7208 (aft) & 6143.

Which to pick really depends on what YOU would like most. It's the top cabin staff in "suiteland" (6143) or that extra large aft facing balcony (8170).

To us, no choice..... the aft view and large balcony wins every time. If you have not sailed in one of the great C1 aft cabins, go for it!!! Make the switch.

Congrats on your Weddingmoon and have a great cruise.

I know that 6143 has a larger balcony also - but I'm assuming not as extended as the aft cabin?

thank you so much for your insight- it's very helpful!

If for nothing else, the aft view on 8170 would be amazing. We were lucky enough to get 8166 on a previous cruise ... nothing like it. However, it was a very hot cruise and we were so appreciative of the breezes we got from the side railing.

If the weather will be mostly pleasant, I would go for the aft cabin, if hot weather, I would go for 6143 -- just for some breeze.

I, too, used to be all about 6143/44. I liked the teak decking on the veranda, unlike the aft C1's. We always had great steward service and loved looking straight down to the water.

But our last sailing in suiteland C1's was two years ago on Summit when they took away the footstools, yet continued to provide them to the aft C1's. It never made sense to me as there is plenty of room for them.

So if I were ever to consider a C1 again, I would go for the aft. Unless someone on here can provide more recent information that they have reversed their position on this.

(By the way, we have since sailed in A1 on Summit, on the side with the small veranda and no footstools. I took my own camping footstool on that cruise and it was okay, but not great.)

I, too, used to be all about 6143/44. I liked the teak decking on the veranda, unlike the aft C1's. We always had great steward service and loved looking straight down to the water.

But our last sailing in suiteland C1's was two years ago on Summit when they took away the footstools, yet continued to provide them to the aft C1's. It never made sense to me as there is plenty of room for them.

So if I were ever to consider a C1 again, I would go for the aft. Unless someone on here can provide more recent information that they have reversed their position on this.

(By the way, we have since sailed in A1 on Summit, on the side with the small veranda and no footstools. I took my own camping footstool on that cruise and it was okay, but not great.)

I've sailed in those side A1s and there isn't room for footstools. There's barely room for 2 chairs. Once was enough for me.

Haven't sailed in 6143 lately, but I would be very upset if there were no footstools.