Kettles - Voyager of the Seas

reedy8

Hello

I know from recent experience that Explorer now has electric kettles in each cabin but am now thinking about booking a Voyager cruise.

Can any recent passengers advise if they now have kettles in all cabin classes?

Thanks

Yes we were on Voyager on Nov 15 and they do have kettles with tea and coffee . No fresh milk but powdered, we just when up to the windjammer and got a glass of fresh milk and cream and kept in our fridge [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kettles are nice to have, I am just surprised that Royal has added this. I hope they add it to other ships, since I personally will enjoy it. Is it a kettle that only makes hot water for tea or hot cocoa, or is it something that will brew individual cups of coffee also?

I would appreciate knowing who the Activity Manager is on a current sailing on Voyager. Cuddy Cudworth was expected to join the ship in mid February and I am wondering if he has or if that assignment has changed. We had Cuddy on Navigator this past November and he was a lot of fun.

Kettles are nice to have, I am just surprised that Royal has added this. I hope they add it to other ships, since I personally will enjoy it. Is it a kettle that only makes hot water for tea or hot cocoa, or is it something that will brew individual cups of coffee also?

I would appreciate knowing who the Activity Manager is on a current sailing on Voyager. Cuddy Cudworth was expected to join the ship in mid February and I am wondering if he has or if that assignment has changed. We had Cuddy on Navigator this past November and he was a lot of fun.

The kettle will only boil water , it is just a $10 cheap kettle from kmart

What kind of coffee maker, or is it a French press?

I am not sure as I didn't us e it but I saw it there and it looked like the ones where you put the sachet of coffee into a little draw at the top and the water would then drip through it to fill your cup with the coffee. They seem to be common in the US hotels.

I am not sure as I didn't us e it but I saw it there and it looked like the ones where you put the sachet of coffee into a little draw at the top and the water would then drip through it to fill your cup with the coffee. They seem to be common in the US hotels.

You're correct, it's a drip coffee maker, supplied with coffee packages that don't fit properly.

• 2 weeks later...
You're correct, it's a drip coffee maker, supplied with coffee packages that don't fit properly.

What I learned from my recent cruise on Her Majesty is that there are two different drip coffee pots. If you get the one where the coffee package does not fit properly into the sleeve then just ask for the other pot.

I learned the lesson the hard way, by making a mess using the miss fitting coffee package and our room attendant was very helpful afterwards in providing me with the right one....be aware it still makes a very very strong cup of coffee.

PS -- can anyone who has sailed on Voyager in February 2016 tell me if Cuddy Cudworth was your Activity Manager, if not who was?

Edited by Paulette3028

What I learned from my recent cruise on Her Majesty is that there are two different drip coffee pots. If you get the one where the coffee package does not fit properly into the sleeve then just ask for the other pot.

I learned the lesson the hard way, by making a mess using the miss fitting coffee package and our room attendant was very helpful afterwards in providing me with the right one....be aware it still makes a very very strong cup of coffee.

Thanks for the update, I never knew there were other coffee pots to choose from.