Izmir dropped?

letsgo39

Since the ship did port in Istanbul for a few hours, wouldn't that have handled the VAT issue, even though they were not allowed to go ashore? Also, still waiting to see if they're going to Izmir or not. Right now just tracking to see if they make it to Lesbos, which is where I'm "hearing" they are headed.

That is according to the schedule the next port.Why wouldn't they go there?

The ship did port in Turkey, whether or not passengers were allowed off. I think some may have boarded and some crew, also.

No passengers were let off unless Istanbul was final destination. Only crew and those select few according to people on board.

They were supposed to have two overnights there, I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That is according to the schedule the next port.Why wouldn't they go there?

I don't have Prinsendam's itinerary. They're going to Lesbos as far as I know. I said "hearing" because my ship tracker is saying Ukraine. I knew that was incorrect, so I asked on the HAL forum and got Lesbos as a response.:)

I don't have Prinsendam's itinerary. They're going to Lesbos as far as I know. I said "hearing" because my ship tracker is saying Ukraine. I knew that was incorrect, so I asked on the HAL forum and got Lesbos as a response.:)

I think Marine Traffic is off. I have been using Sea Scanner and its been accurate.

http://www.sea-scanner.com/schiffsposition.php?schiff=prinsendam

No passengers were let off unless Istanbul was final destination. Only crew and those select few according to people on board.

They were supposed to have two overnights there, I believe.

Wouldn't porting outside of the EU for any reason count for VAT? I think "officially" the current cruise began in Istanbul today.

?? Sea Scanner gets their data from Marine Traffic.

I don't know why, I've just noticed that Marine Traffic's tracking has been off. For instance, the day they made the unplanned stop at the Greek isle, MarineTraffic said the ship was sitting in Istanbul.

Edited by Zionstorm

Wouldn't porting outside of the EU for any reason count for VAT? I think "officially" the current cruise began in Istanbul today.

I'm not sure about those rules. I was just strictly talking about them not letting passengers off unless it was final destination for them.

Edited by Zionstorm

I had it this morning. Let me see if I can get it again.I also had the ships that are scheduled to dock in Izmir. not nearly as many as I expected and MSC had already missed that port.

Prisendam schedule:

31-Mar-16 18:00 01-Apr-16 14:00 At Sea

01-Apr-16 14:00 02-Apr-16 16:00 Istanbul, Turkey 793

02-Apr-16 16:00 03-Apr-16 10:00 At Sea

03-Apr-16 10:00 03-Apr-16 18:00 Mytilene, Lesvos, Greece 793

03-Apr-16 18:00 04-Apr-16 08:00 At Sea

04-Apr-16 08:00 04-Apr-16 23:00 Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey 793

04-Apr-16 23:00 06-Apr-16 08:00 At Sea

06-Apr-16 08:00 06-Apr-16 16:00 Katakolon, Greece 793

06-Apr-16 16:00 07-Apr-16 08:00 At Sea

07-Apr-16 08:00 07-Apr-16 18:00 Corfu, Greece 2493 Costa neoRiviera

07-Apr-16 18:00 08-Apr-16 08:00 At Sea

08-Apr-16 08:00 08-Apr-16 17:00 Durres, Albania 793

08-Apr-16 17:00 09-Apr-16 08:00 At Sea

09-Apr-16 08:00 09-Apr-16 17:00 Kotor, Montenegro 793

09-Apr-16 17:00 11-Apr-16 08:00 At Sea

11-Apr-16 08:00 12-Apr-16 13:00 Venice, Italy 793

Prinsendam was docking at Kusadasi

Date Port Load Ships in port

01-Apr-16

02-Apr-16

03-Apr-16

04-Apr-16 793 Prinsendam

05-Apr-16

06-Apr-16

07-Apr-16

08-Apr-16

09-Apr-16

10-Apr-16

11-Apr-16

12-Apr-16

13-Apr-16

14-Apr-16

15-Apr-16

16-Apr-16

17-Apr-16

18-Apr-16

19-Apr-16

20-Apr-16

21-Apr-16

22-Apr-16 2650 Koningsdam

23-Apr-16 1848 Oosterdam

24-Apr-16

25-Apr-16

26-Apr-16 684 Nautica

27-Apr-16

28-Apr-16 940 Crystal Symphony

29-Apr-16

30-Apr-16 684 Nautica

That was Kusadasi

here is Izmir for April.... not sure some of these have not been cancelled. check tomorrow:

Date Port Load Ships in port

01-Apr-16

02-Apr-16

03-Apr-16 1356 Costa neoRomantica

04-Apr-16

05-Apr-16 2518 MSC Magnifica

06-Apr-16

07-Apr-16

08-Apr-16

09-Apr-16

10-Apr-16

11-Apr-16

12-Apr-16 2518 MSC Magnifica

13-Apr-16

14-Apr-16

15-Apr-16

16-Apr-16

17-Apr-16

18-Apr-16 1356 Costa neoRomantica

19-Apr-16 2518 MSC Magnifica

20-Apr-16

21-Apr-16

22-Apr-16

23-Apr-16

24-Apr-16

25-Apr-16

26-Apr-16 2518 MSC Magnifica

27-Apr-16

28-Apr-16

29-Apr-16

30-Apr-16

Costa NeoR has definitely been cancelled, on way to Gilbralter now.

MSC magnifica just leaving Venice on way to Bari, then Izmir

Vista is scheduled to Izmir on May 6, 22, 25, June 19, 22, July 17, 20, August- none, Sept 11, 14, Oct 9, 12.

Thanks to my brother "leavingOcalaagain' for all the great information

According to Sea Scanner, this is the current cruise:

• Date
    • Port
    • Arrive
    • Depart

[*]

[*]

[*]

• Mon 04/04/16
    • Kusadasi / Turkey
    • 08:00
    • 23:00

[*]

• Tue 05/04/16
    • At Sea

[*]

[*]

[*]

• Fri 08/04/16
    • Durres / Albania
    • 17:00

[*]

• Sat 09/04/16
    • Kotor / Montenegro
    • 17:00

[*]

• Sun 10/04/16
    • At Sea

[*]

• Mon 11/04/16
    • Venice / Italy

Just to clear up some confusion: Prinsendam was scheduled to be in Istanbul on April 1-2. HAL cancelled April 1 in Istanbul and substituted Myrnia (on the island of Lemnos). On April 2, the ship stopped in Istanbul for three or four hours to embark and disembark some crew members and passengers. No passengers were allowed to leave the ship unless it was their final destination. The ship has always been scheduled to stop in Mytilene (on the island of Lesbos) on April 3. The only question remaining is whether the ship will make its scheduled stop in Kusadasi on April 4.

Just to clear up some confusion: Prinsendam was scheduled to be in Istanbul on April 1-2. HAL cancelled April 1 in Istanbul and substituted Myrnia (on the island of Lemnos). On April 2, the ship stopped in Istanbul for three or four hours to embark and disembark some crew members and passengers. No passengers were allowed to leave the ship unless it was their final destination. The ship has always been scheduled to stop in Mytilene (on the island of Lesbos) on April 3. The only question remaining is whether the ship will make its scheduled stop in Kusadasi on April 4.

Thanks for this post, to condense all the info. You are correct.

If she's going to Kusadasi, she's taking the long way around! A member on our inaugural roll call stated that their excursion vendor in Turkey informed them they are now not accepting down payments for tours as a convenience for passengers on Vista since there is a chance she will not be docking there.

It looks like Prinsendam is not following the course that would take it to Kusadasi. :(

http://www.sea-scanner.com/schiffsposition.php?schiff=prinsendam

Thus far, Sea Scanner has been dead on with routes between ports. They are for sure not on route currently so we shall see.

If she's going to Kusadasi, she's taking the long way around! A member on our inaugural roll call stated that their excursion vendor in Turkey informed them they are now not accepting down payments for tours as a convenience for passengers on Vista since there is a chance she will not be docking there.

Thanks!! I saw that post too for Vista inaugural and am now hesitant to finally book a 3rd party excursion myself.

I just hope we don't have that stop turn into a sea day.

Wonder if Vista "has to dock" in Izmir for supplies personnel changes and that would count as us docking to avoid the 20% VAT fee!! Just curious.

Thanks!! I saw that post too for Vista inaugural and am now hesitant to finally book a 3rd party excursion myself.

I just hope we don't have that stop turn into a sea day.

Wonder if Vista "has to dock" in Izmir for supplies personnel changes and that would count as us docking to avoid the 20% VAT fee!! Just curious.

I was hoping that our start in Dubrovnik would have counted as a non-EU since they are still on the kuna not the Euro, but nope. They are following the European VAT laws and have incorporated it within their previous VAT laws since they joined the EU in 2013. Looks like Izmir is our only hope.

Here is the post being referenced from the Vista inaugural sailing:

If a tour operator is declining to accept a down payment, that's probably not a great sign.

Well I emailed Celsius Tours yesterday to find out about putting my deposit down for my tour in Izmir. This what I got back.

Dear Luke,

Greetings from Ephesus. We did not yet charge your deposit.

Yes, we are*getting some news about the cancellation of Destination Turkey for Carnival Cruise Line. Please do not worry about your booking conditions because of that. I can upgrade your booking conditions for this situation. As you know we request 30% deposit for certain reservation but We will not request this deposit payment from you for certain reservation. You can make your full payment on tour date. If you agree with this condition , I can prepare a special booking form and send you for certain confirmation.

This is a special condition for your serenity about the tour booking.

I wonder if they know something that we don't. Luke