Carnival Breeze 8-day 1/30/16

shortstop95

Just back from the 8-day eastern sailing aboard the Carnival Breeze. It was a great week- weather was perfect! Couple observations. Ship shops closed mid week for renovations. Notified at embarking - not a major inconvenience for us, but there was a lot of grumbling both on board as well as in our fb roll call group. Lots of people also appeared to be sick. Both crew and passengers. Had to say I was very aware of all the coughing and sniffling around. Unfortunate but beyond our control. Not Carnival's fault- but feel bad for all those affected.

Second time with American Table. I'm still not a big fan of it- but was much more impressed with the menu selections and meals on the Breeze then I was on the Conquest last fall. Still not a fan of playlist productions. I would rather have two strong singers that can carry a show versus a troupe where all sing but none are that strong. Again just one persons opinion. The pre-show activities are a great addition though.

I'll be glad to answer any specific questions. Overall two enthusiastic "thumbs up" for the Carnival Breeze!

Going on the Breeze March 12th! What is this American Table I keep reading about? Is it just on the Breeze, or fleet-wide? What are the pros and cons? We really enjoy our evening dinners in the MDR. Thanks!

We were on the same sailing. I am working on a review currently. But will chime in on things people are asking here.

We did not really have high seas. We were blessed with great weather. It was a little rocky the one day but nothing too bad.

I did not like the piano bar guy. At least not on friday night I don't know if he was there all week or not. But we left early. He was just not entertaining to us.

All of our food was pretty good. Didn't have anything horrible. So no complaints on the food from us.

Live music was great! There was a duo that sang in the atrium that were fantastic! Also pilot program going for additional live music. Three groups- 1) 3-piece string group that were AMAZING! Consisted of some of the former band leaders throughout the fleet. 2) a three piece horn group and 3) an accordion player. They popped up all over the ship. Lobby, entry to restaurant, past guest party. New program being tested out. While I wasn't crazy about the accordion player- I LOVE live music so I think it's a fantastic addition and hope to see the program expanded.

American Table is a revised menu and dining experience. Lots of opinions about it out there. My observations are its a way to cut staff. Bread and iced water are no longer "served" but are placed on the table for family style use. Table linens are gone except for elegant nights. For first time cruisers - it's probably no big deal as they have no comparison. For repeat cruisers who are accustomed to the old experience seem to view the American Table as an awkward experience now. After mediocre service the first two nights in the dining room- three tables in our section (a 10 a 4 and a 2 top) all stopped coming. As a result attention at our table of 2 increased substantially. In making small talk with the servers they shared they are not fans of the AT either.

We will be on the Breeze 2/27. How was the live music, specifically the piano bar entertainer, RFP Guitarist and the band? Is it still Deja Vu?

Glad you had a good time!

Ben Gentry will be your Piano Bar Entertainer. He is one of Carnivals top PBE's. As long as you like a upbeat sing along drink along Piano Bar you will be happy. He also has a lot of more adult funny songs that he plays after 11pm. If you like those kind of songs ask to see his red folder.

Hi! I was on the same cruise and on the other group under my moms acct (Karen). This is Joy. Can't wait to read your review.

My mom, dd-22 and I had a wonderful time! My 70 year old mom was on the bar in the piano bar area being sung dirty Happy Birthday songs from Ben (she is Nana if you were there), won at Quest (came home with wrong bra), went to sea day brunches, comedians (didn't like the second two that came on though), danced outside Red Frog while the band played 70s music, ate at both specialty restaurants, Sushi place twice and ended each night with pizza. Had ATD and waited once but had a drink in the lobby and listened to the band. We usually ate around 8 pm. We did, however, request the same waiter each time we went. He was great.

We usually sail RCCL and NCL in suites and it was mom's first time on CCL. Had to twist her arm to try. We enjoyed ourselves so much, I just booked the Vista Havana balcony for next year with my mom, while the kids are away in school and dh will be home.

As cruisers that do not sail CCL, we were very pleasantly surprised with the ship and the very happy crew and service. We stayed in a spa balcony and went at least once but usually twice a day to spa.

Thanks for doing your review, cannot wait!

Edited by js

Going on the Breeze March 12th! What is this American Table I keep reading about? Is it just on the Breeze, or fleet-wide? What are the pros and cons? We really enjoy our evening dinners in the MDR. Thanks!

I'll be on the Breeze this sailing too! Can't wait. 15 days now! :):):)

We were on this cruise and I was unlucky enough to catch the cold that was going around. I heard on passenger say while she was at the ship's doctors office, several crew members came in for cold medicine. The cold did not ruin my cruise-slowed me down for a few days, but still had a great cruise.