JADE review, and any questions?

Tracik

Well, we just got back from the Jade from February 13th, to 20th.

Now this is just from my opinion. So, every one that doesn't like what I say. Just Chill Out!!

It was just husband, ( I will refer to as K) and I. We are in our upper 40's.

I was a little worried about leaving because my Mamaw had a heart attack 2 weeks before. And my dog is 12 and blind and had what the vet thinks was a stroke the week before. I was so worried something was going to happen to one of them! But, thank GOD all was good when we returned!

Ok, we left the day before driving to Houston about a 4 1/2 hour drive. Dropped the dog off at boarding kennel and we were on our way.

We stopped at a gas station that has a subway in it for lunch. While we were waiting in line to order and a woman walks up and asked the cashier could her old man come in with out a shirt and order him a footlong? lol The cashier said humm no we are not allowed to do that.

We arrived at Holiday Inn. The one right next to T-Bone Toms. K had points so we got to stay for free! We unloaded our stuff and went to Walmart to get a 6 pack and a battery for my watch. So, we could watch the time while in ports. They didn't have a 6 pack of bottles in miller lite so we got a 6 pack of 16oz cans.

Took that back to the room and headed to the Hubcap. Its a little bar and grill that is right at the parking lot of the hotel. We were not very hungry so we got a order of chili cheese fries. It was pretty small but only cost $4. It was a good little snack. We walked around to a few of the bars there on the boardwalk, and back around to T-Bone Toms. Someone on here had recommended it. It was GREAT! I love pickles and K not too much. I always want the fried pickles but very rarely get them because its so much to eat alone. K ordered some! I was shocked! lol They were the BEST fried pickles I have ever had! OMGa I want some NOW! We shared a hamburger and fries. We really liked this place. We walked back to the room. By now I am feeling pretty drunk and K says we have to drink our 6 pack! So, he opened a beer and I told him just poor me some in a cup. This appalled him! How dare I not drink my own! lol I finished that one and was done, ready for bed. He was like we have 5 beers left. I told him to just leave them for the next person. No can do, he said. So, he had 2 more and had to concede to leaving the other 3. He was not happy.

So, we got up had breakfast at Sonic and headed to the port. It was all easy. I had prepaid on line. $75 to park for the week. We were on the ship and getting our first beer at 12:10. The tax on the beers was .57 cents a piece.

We had the beverage package and the dining package.

We had lunch at the Grand Pacific. We both had the cheese steak and fries. It wasn't very good at all. I picked at mine and K ate his. He is easy to please. He got vanilla bean creme brulee or something like that. He liked it. I thought it was gross! I hated the texture of it. I had the mango cheesecake. The cheesecake part was really good, the crust wasn't good at all. It tasted like it had freezer burn.

We had Teppanyaki Grill for supper. Our reservations were at 6:00. It was really good! K had shrimp and scallops, I had lobster and shrimp. They had the best fried rice ever! The show was good but VERY loud!

We went to the Spinnaker I had 4 shoots of tequila and more beer. The tax on the shoots was .78 cents. We went to bed at like 10. I was wasted!

I have to go to the darn grocery store right now. But, when I get back I will try and figure out how to post pictures and continue on with review.

First time NCL. Why did they charge you tax on your drinks? We will be on the ship in a few weeks and have the UBP so ae curious about how it works. Looking forward to the rest of your review.

They only charge tax while in Texas waters. It stopped at 8:00 when we reached international water.

I loved having the drink package! So, easy to hand your card over. They would even let me take mine and husbands card up and get 2 drinks at a time.

Day two.....

I was so hung over! I tried all day to shake it off. I even tried drinking and NO it wasn't happening. I felt bad because it was Valentines Day. I admit I was lame! I just wanted the day to end!

We had breakfast in the buffet. Food was good. Trying to find a table and fight the crowd not so good! I told K we will not eat in here again! (we did)

Lunch was Blue Lagoon. K had tomato soup and tuna sandwich with chips. I had panini sandwich. It was good but I could barely eat it. I

just was not feeling good.

050_zpsdcrzt6i3.jpg

051_zpsawdbmf1u.jpg

049_zps1q8rl5p6.jpg

For Supper we had Cagneys. Now I know people love this place but I just don't get it. But, with that said I am kind of picky about my food and I don't like fancy food.

We both ordered steaks medium. The steaks did not have much flavor. A lot of people just eat salt and pepper on their steaks but we like a lot of season on ours. These were just blah. And they were so under cooked! More like medium rare. So, I only ate around the edges where it wasn't as rare. K ate most of his. He said he just is trying not to look. lol

I ordered the truffle fries with Parmesan cheese. I didn't see or taste any cheese. They were just blah. K ordered the gratin potatoes. We thought they were a pastry! That's exactly what it looked like. I even asked the waiter where his potatoes where. And he told us that was it. I sure wish I would of gotten a picture of this! They were not good. Neither one of us got a dessert.

I think we went to the spinnaker for a bit and was off to bed early.

Day three.....

I woke up like a new person today!

So, since I hated fighting the crowd yesterday we went to Alizar for breakfast. It was so good! I had the Belguim waffles with caramel and bananas, and a side of bacon. After a few bites I told K I was having that again tomorrow morning! K had omelet, and some other stuff. He said the omelet was good great. No runny eggs in it.

Today was Cozumel. We did the Cozumel bar hop. We had a great time! We got to see some beautiful parts of the island. Look how pretty that water is!

We had supper at Blue Lagoon. I had chef salad and strawberry pound cake. It was all good. K had chicken tenders. He said it was good.

082_zpsh1z7tpdb.jpg

103_zpsqqquwvmw.jpg

105_zpsfzsnusns.jpg

080_zpstwwg8obn.jpg

078_zpsmckczigp.jpg

I think I broke a balcony rule today! We had our music going and sitting out on our balcony. I told K I though it was too loud. So, I looked over the balcony at the other side to see if anyone was out there being bothered by the music and there was a naked man! I never moved so fast! LOL I was SORRY!! I was just going to ask if the music was too loud. About a minute later he leaned over dressed and we laughed about it and his wife came out and we talked for about 30 minutes.

The next morning I was out on balcony taking some pictures and saw the ships little excursion boats next to our ship. So, I bent over a little to take a picture of them and the same man was out on his balcony. He was dressed but when he saw me he made a grunting noise and backed away. Well, I backed away too. After this I really tried not to even look that way out of our balcony.

So, Leo if you are reading this I am REALLY sorry! I was not trying to be nosey!

On a side note

We brought our alarm clock and for some reason it would not keep the correct time. I thought it was the clock. But, K said it could be the outlet. So, we brought the clock home and it is keeping time perfect. So, that is weird.

Also, I did not bring a surge protector and wish I would of for the extra outlets.

And this is just some advise. Bring extra underwear. I only brought a pair a day plus one extra pair. I did not think about taking showers in the evening when getting ready to eat.