Contacting Celebrity. What gives?

Poulsbo Cruisers

My DW and I are primarily Princess cruisers. We have started looking at other lines to take advantage of itineraries that are different from Princess. Celebrity offers an itinerary that looks interesting. We sailed Celebrity many years ago and were assigned Captains Circle numbers. Using the Celebrity website I was able to get my wife's number, but not mine. That is not my issue.

My issue deals with contacting Celebrity in an attempt to get my number. I have sent two separate emails regarding this issue. I gave them my wife's number, our current and former addresses, the date of the cruise, etc. I would expect something in return. Even just an acknowledgment that they received my email and are working on it. But, nothing has come back. I'm not used to this. I have always received an immediate response from Princess? Is this normal with Celebrity? Our one cruise with Celebrity was wonderful and I hope this customer experience isn't an indication of a lesser product.

P.S. While I'm ranting, I must say that Celebrity has the worst website of any cruise line I have visited.

Have you tried calling the Captain's Club (800.760.0654) directly? They've been most responsive when I've called.

Yes, the website is horrendous!

I agree. We have booked our first Celebrity cruise - a short one - after 36 cruises elsewhere, and their website beggars belief!

P.S. While I'm ranting, I must say that Celebrity has the worst website of any cruise line I have visited.

LOL -- You're NOT going to get much of an argument here, on that one! ;)

I agree with the poster who suggested calling the Captain's Club. We've always had good luck with them. You might have to sit on hold for a while, but it beats sending endless e-mails, waiting for an answer (that may or may not arrive). :cool:

I agree. We have booked our first Celebrity cruise - a short one - after 36 cruises elsewhere, and their website beggars belief!

Has their website improved? The easiest solution is to not use it. We either book on board and transfer our reservation to a TA for more OBC or simply book with the TA. We give the website one try for our express pass and another for luggage tags. If it does not work we simply show up at the pier. It is not worth stressing about as you can do everything on the telephone with your TA.