On the Anthem of the Seas right now. Any questions?

lazeyey

No. There were problems on this side of the pond.

The piano player himself has been on board (although he isn't right now), but he doesn't "hitchhike". ;)

That's a shame....thought it sounded pretty cool and was looking forward to "finding" him.

I'm on the next cruise leaving this Saturday March 19th. I was wondering about the captain as well and who it will be.

Two more days!!!!!

According to the current master himself, Capt. Henrik Sorensen whom I spoke to personally in the Diamond Lounge, he will be in command until the end of this month at least so he will continue to be the master on the next cruise. ;)

Edited by robtulipe

According to the current master himself, Capt. Henrik Sorensen whom I spoke to personally in the Diamond Lounge, he will be in command until the end of this month at least so he will continue to be the master on the next cruise. ;)

I am going to assume that he will be on until the start of the March 27th cruise.

Captain Henrik is staying on for the next cruise as well.

Looking like Anthem may be affected by this weekends Nor'easter. Captain may be experiencing some rough seas. I hope it won't be too bad as I'm on the upcoming March 19th sailing!

Looking like Anthem may be affected by this weekends Nor'easter. Captain may be experiencing some rough seas. I hope it won't be too bad as I'm on the upcoming March 19th sailing!

When is she due back in NJ? The forecast is for the storm to make its way up the coast and hit NY (if it doesn't go out to sea) on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Due back in Saturday morning. Have been told smooth sailing straight through and it has been awesome weather so far.

Sounds like you're ahead of the storm. Impact of the storm in the area isn't known and the accumulation of wet snow isn't known, but If things go well it'll just be a slushy mess.

They're not thinking that we're getting a big accumulation (but we all know how accurate weather forecasts have been)..

If there's going to be any impact, it sounds like it'll be on the next sailing.

Sounds like you're ahead of the storm. Impact of the storm in the area isn't known and the accumulation of wet snow isn't known, but If things go well it'll just be a slushy mess.

They're not thinking that we're getting a big accumulation (but we all know how accurate weather forecasts have been)..

If there's going to be any impact, it sounds like it'll be on the next sailing.

Capt. Henrik has been on the TV explaining the low pressure area off the NE coast, stressing it is not a storm yet and indicating Anrhem will likely hug or sail close to the coast to avoid this system as much as possible as shown on the proposed route on the map below.

Anthem is currently off of Cape Hatteras, NC.

attachment.php?attachmentid=379944&d=1458302530

P3161901.jpg.eff771f46a1d954d92475ec75006741f.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Capt. Henrik has been on the TV explaining the low pressure area off the NE coast, stressing it is not a storm yet and indicating Anrhem will likely hug or sail close to the coast to avoid this system as much as possible as shown on the proposed route on the map below.

Anthem is currently off of Cape Hatteras, NC.

attachment.php?attachmentid=379944&d=1458302530

Gosh, I hope you make it through this unscathed, as RCI is running out of replacement Captains for this ship!!!:D You do realize that the least little bit of bouncing will bring out the hangmen!!

Doubtful. That man is an excellent captain and was given a lot of credit for how well he handled Anthem during that storm.

We were on the Feb.6 "major storm" cruise and I can ascertain that Capt. Claus did an OUTSTANDING job maneuvering the Anthem through all that turmoil!!.

I wouldn't have wanted anyone else.

No fuss... There's a storm tracking up the coast which may/may not turn East and out to sea. It should hit the NY area on Sunday. It doesn't seem like a particularly powerful storm (at least not any more powerful than a normal storm).

I guess the noise is that the sailing that leaves on Saturday may go through the storm as it heads up the coast ( if it doesn't turn out to sea first).

I wouldn't worry about it.

Not every day can be perfect weather.

Make the most of it. It should pass quickly.

But the wave models from NOAA are good through Sunday. I'm not worried since I'm not on her this week (but was on the recent CTN that got sent south instead of to Nova Scotia). Just seems like there really is no storm right now.

My wife and I are boarding today in Bayonne NJ. It seems like we are heading right into the storm. Do anyone know how the captains try to avoid the weather? Speed up or slow down? We are on the 12 deck so we are concerned about rocking.

The wave models show some possibly choppy seas. But no storm.

Are you referring to a storm as a hurricane or tornado?

This is just a low pressure system making its way up the coast, bringing with it precipitation

Are you referring to a storm as a hurricane or tornado?

This is just a low pressure system making its way up the coast, bringing with it precipitation

I'm just referring to the NOAA wave models. When there's a storm - whatever kind of storm - the models show seas much higher than they did last night. (Haven't looked today). But I guess there are reports of a possible nor'easter coming through late Saturday into Sunday.

Also, technically, there aren't tornadoes over water and it's not yet hurricane season.

I'm just referring to the NOAA wave models. When there's a storm - whatever kind of storm - the models show seas much higher than they did last night. (Haven't looked today). But I guess there are reports of a possible nor'easter coming through late Saturday into Sunday.

Also, technically, there aren't tornadoes over water and it's not yet hurricane season.

Water spouts are tornadoes.

We've cruised out of the NE multiple times and low pressure systems, which is what this is, don't always stir up the seas too badly. It depends on the pressure, the size of the storm, whether it bombs out or not, etc.

Edited by BND