All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

I'm happy to hear you are okay, Sally. The scariest thing about weather is that there is not a lot you can do sometimes.

We had our sectional delivered yesterday. The room looks great! Our built ins won't be installed until.the last week in October or first week in November, but at least the room.looks normal and is usable.

It's been a quiet, boring kind of weekend overall.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

So, I'm off work today. The plan was for lunch with my sister, which we always do on "bank holidays" and I was still going to go to work. It's amazing what you can get done with no interruptions. My plans have changed, however, since my husband's car is in the shop and he took my car to work.

I broke a piece off my tooth last night too. But it doesn't hurt. Looks like I need a dentist appointment!

Now, I know some of you shop Athleta. I have tankini and a one piece suit from there that I like quite a bit. I've never worn their other clothing. I purchased the items I did during one of their sales with an additional amount off. Free shipping, free returns...they were great deals. As it turns out, I ordered a bit small and waited and waited...now they fit nicely.

That being said, they have these wonderful olive green leggings. Well, tights. The color is perfect, but I have a lot of reservations about them.

First is the price. $74.00. Ouch! I've never spent that much on gym wear.

Second, would I wear them outside the gym? That really isn't my thing. I'm not an athleisure person at all. But I did wonder if I'd wear them with non-athleisure items to create a fall or winter outfit? Tunic sweater, scarf, vest, boots?

Third, from a gym perspective, it is almost impossible to find earthy colors. So you know, what would I wear them with? I have managed to avoid black, for the most half, by buying printed bottoms and navy and gray. I would have to say that using those as a base, my tops are more fire than anything. The gym, like with pajamas, don't have to follow the color rules so to speak, at least for me. Sure, I'd love to have earthy clothes all the way around, but I am also realistic. So when it comes to the gym and pajamas, that is when I simply say it doesn't matter, and buy what feels good. For the gym, it's brights. They give me energy. They are not the strongest fire colors, but they are cheerful and fun.

Now, I do have hiking sneakers so if we are going somewhere to do a bit of walking, I have sneakers that would look really nice with them. I probably sound very silly at the moment, but I have found that putting thought and effort into what I wear makes such a huge difference in how I feel about myself.

Some of you might remember the whole thingy we worked on a while back about our style, and one of my adjectives was harmonious. I really like things to go together...no competition.

They have $25.00 off of a purchase of $150.00 right now. There are other things I like, but I'm am not liking the price. Since these nice stretchy things seem to hold out so well with weight loss, I would get a lot out of them overall.

Meanwhile, WHBM has a decent clearance sale right now. I can get suiting separates to create a beautiful, modern suit that won't make me look frumpy. I'm debating if I want to spend $100.00 though.

I'm just a cheap, online shopper today, aren't I???? :rolleyes:

I also get a flash sale notification from Loft, if I want to take 60% off of clearance too. Their jeans are great fitting for me. But I have a few pair right now, and I think I will leave it at that. There is a part of me that says for such a cheap price, order down a size, and let it become your goal. But my goal is to be healthy, not to be a certain size so I debate about that.

Laurie, I love the Athleta tights (wear them with tunics & long hoodies) they wear like iron. I have a pair of black ones that are 4 years old & look new (I wear them all the time, wish they fit over this cast!). Look at the Metro pants or the Trekker pants, they might be more to your liking. That $25 off $150 expired today. WHBM has that lovely cinnamon on their clearance. When I was working $100 for a suit that made me feel good & fit well was cheap, just saying...Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have a pair of olive pants that are a lot like the Trekker style, but they are pull on so I am not keen on the fit. The Trekker, at least, have a normal fit up above with a zipper instead of the pull on styling. I am still thinking about it. I think that if I decide to go with them, I won't be ordering other things to get up to $150.00 (the sale is still good) that I may not want or need. Hm...

On another note, what do you think of this? I really like it, because I can wear it to work under a jacket or I can wear it for date night without the jacket, etc. I am thinking that the ecru may be too white for me, and that as much as I like it, it may not be earthy enough. Then there is the print with the girls thing...

https://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/store/product/geometricprint-halter-top/570189354?color=1480&catId=&onSale=true&fromSearch=true&scPos=4-7901-9257

I'm with Melody, the right suit for $100 is a good value. I like that patterned top, but I don't know about the peek-a-boo. If it were mine I would have to sew that shut for work. It would be beautiful for date night, though. Not everything has to do double duty. :)

I agree that not everything needs to do double duty. I think my line of thinking as that I don't want the purchase to be "temporary" in that if I lose more weight, will I have gotten my money's worth out of it?

But you know, I'd wear this on a sea day too, if the fit is right. I think that if this was one of those incredible deals, I wouldn't think twice. It wouldn't hurt to try, right? It's $30.00. Not bad, not great.

I think the suit is a very good deal. My problem is that I keep trying to figure out what it is that I wish to spend my money on. Another nice thing, besides the styling and price is that they are machine wash cold. I like something that doesn't have to be dry cleaned.

https://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/store/browse/product.jsp?productId=570181516&prd=Heathered%20Seasonless%20Jacket

https://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/store/browse/product.jsp?productId=570180018&prd=Seasonless%20Slim%20Flare%20Pants

By the way, that shirt would be worn with a jacket over it, you would never see the back. I can't bare shoulders at work either, they have to be covered.

And the peekaboo in the front? It would depend on how big it is and how it fits. I currently have a shirt with a large one in the front, but it's a shirt that I am altering because I like it but it doesn't work the way it is. I'm closing up the peekaboo part way, and taking it in under the arms. Don't want to be too flashy!!

I am with Melody & Margaret the $100 for a nice suit is a much better value than a pair of leggings for $74 . You would probably not wear them outside of the gym .I wear leggings a lot in Florida with tunic tops and a scarf . It is my winter staple but living in upstate New York I could see wearing them in the fall but not winter .

One thing I often remind myself about is that you can like the look of something, but that doesn't mean it will look that way on you. Then I ask what else I have to go with that item, and how well it will fit into my wardrobe. If it isn't going to fit in easily, then it's probably not a good choice because it means that I won't end up wearing it much.

Cruise Critic is acting up for me a bit here, but my previous posts show in my phone so I think they are going through.

By the way, I do look for more fitted pants because they won't fit me like that. When I get the looser styling, they hang all over. My shape is kind of straight through the waist and hips, so a fitted style ends up just staying up nicely without looking baggy. I've never tried the WHBM dress pants before, so we will see how they work. Curt always told me a flare leg or bootcut is ideal for me, to balance out my shape. As long as they fit well, it works.

I meant to say that the $25 coupon expires today (not expired)

I'm just hoping I get this cast off before it gets too cold, I have 2 pairs of yoga pants that fit over it!

Oldest daughter took me to lunch & Kohls today...felt so good to get out for a bit, wore me out tho! I bought a dark cobalt blue, sleeveless layered top with a jeweled neckline, didn't need it, just liked it! Melody

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by awhfy

Laurie, I really like the suit separates, especially the detailing on the back of the jacket.

Melody, I know how you feel. My knee swelled up so much after surgery that I only had two pairs of pants that fit me for months afterwards. I like the description of your new top, I bet the color is great on you.

Well, I finally broke down and bought a bigger pair of jeans. I like the dark bronze zippers, and the fact that they were only $40 at TJMaxx.

kors.jpg.f2b1392288443064a2638729f2707efb.jpg

Margaret, I really like the zippers on those jeans. What is the leg style?

I don't have too much swelling but the cast is huge & nothing fits over the bend at the foot except shorts & my skorts. Of course it was 26 degrees this morning! Melody

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yesterday I had a few things in my JJill basket that I was debating about .When I went to check on them they were 40% off for one day plus I had a coupon for free shipping .

Melody , JJill usually has wide leg knit pants that would probably fit over a cast .

Margaret, those jeans are really cute. I tend to look for straight jeans or a boot cut that isn't too wide. These have the best shape. Unfortunately. They are the plainest. I love the bronze zippers on yours! Here is a pair I got with an additional 60% off. They are a nice fit but I'd love to get a nicer, more polished version.

http://www.loft.com/wide-leg-trouser-jeans-in-bright-indigo-wash/412168?skuId=21261510&defaultColor=7957&colorExplode=false&catid=catl000015&priceSort=ASC

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Melody, if your style isn't a wider leg, maybe you can get some cheap yoga pants that you won't feel bad about spending money on? Maybe TJ MAXX or Marshalls? A d great deal. Sally. I love a bargain. I did order that suit so I'll let you know how it works out when it arrives.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Margaret, love skinny jeans (they're usually the only ones that fit me correctly!). Laurie, my daughters got me a couple of pairs of yoga pants yesterday at Old Navy,not hey should get me through! Melody

Love auto correct. Not hay should've read hope they get me through. Fall hit with a vengeance last night. High of 30, dense fog (can't see across my deck). Don't dare go outside as I surely don't need to slide on all the leaves that fell last night [emoji849]

I had to wear a COAT to work yesterday because it was only in the low 50s in the morning.

Our leaves are thinking about turning, but they haven't fully committed yet. We're finally pulling our boat in this weekend. :(

Here's my little fashionista. She wasn't happy with her outfit (came from her dad's & he wouldn't let her get the outfit she had ready to go at her mom's). c72ea4f1aa691342c82e89b116b85463.jpg. She doesn't look like a little girl anymore [emoji22]. Melody

Here's my foot report. It doesn't appear that I'm rejecting the implants! YAY! They removed the cast & spent an hour (!) removing 96 stitches. My pain level decreased as soon as the cast was removed. Lots of burning & pins & needles, but hardly any real discomfort. The toes look considerably like squished sausages right now, but they should return to normal looking shortly. I can get a real shower tomorrow! Red letter day! I'm in a boot, still non weightbearing on the scooter until 10 Nov, then he'll reevaluate. It looks like I'll definitely be in the walking boot for Fl [emoji30]. Melody