All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

Nice score Laurie! I really like the wine pants (look like a good Merlot in the picture)

I bought Les a butter yellow Tommy Bahama silk shirt (solid, no pattern) just before our Hawaii cruise. He said, I don't like it, but I like the feel, I'll take it with me. It's his most commented on shirt [emoji23], everyone likes it (now it's his favorite shirt). I just ordered him a cream one & a black one for our FL trip from Dillard's (on sale for $13 each, down from $110!)

I'm a terror on the scooter (when I can convince anyone to get me out of the house!!!). Melody

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by awhfy

I was just going through my closet, thinking about my February cruise. Just 4 months away, lol. I have some items I really want to.bring. Two of my dinner dresses are olive, but slightly different shades and completely different styles. I tried them all on, and was fairly happy overall. Two of the dresses were a bit looser so they laid a bit different. That's not a bad thing - I thought they looked better than before.

Mostly, I have fun with the planning but the true decision making will be about two weeks out, after I try everything back on again.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

If I didn't buy my husband's clothes, he'd still be wearing bell bottoms and disco shirts. :eek: He hates shopping, so thank goodness for Lands End.

Laurie, I like that suit. I think I have the same blouse! Is it a Cynthia Rowley? Those pants were a good score.

Melody, you go girl!

Yesterday was our special day on the Regal Princess. DH was totally surprised! I posted some photos on this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2415854

Unfortunately it was windy and cold, with a bit of drizzle. We still had a fun day, though. Our lunch was amazingly good. It was fun being on a ship again. I thought it might be hard to leave, but by the time we did it was soooo crowded with everyone inside (because it was awful out) that we were content to escape back to our cozy apartment. It turns out the cruise has experienced high seas and winds and may have trouble getting into its first port tomorrow. It definitely gives me pause about doing a Canada & New England itinerary.

We enjoyed seeing a shiny new ship, but we do feel that it was a bit on the big side for us. I was wearing my fitbit and I walked just under 9000 steps yesterday without even trying.

Sitting here all cozy with my kitty ain't too shabby. ;)

At 3500 passengers I think the Regal is closer to the Freedom class than the Allure.

It felt so huge to us, but in fact the Emerald was 3100 so there's not that big a difference, apparently. I think it's more how the ship was laid out that made it seem like everyone was concentrated in certain areas.

There's a pretty good deal on the next cruise we want so I think I'm going to book it soon. DH is gung ho now after Saturday. :)

We just returned from our four day cruise .I was hesitant to go on this cruise because it has the reputation for being a party ship and is an older ship . Well we had a blast . Most fun I have had since I was young and went to Club Med . The ship was older but in great shape and the crew were extremely nice . The shows , karaoke , the comedy club were all top notch .Lot's of activities . Food was good . We went to Cozumel and shopped a little .Everyone was soooo friendly . We will keep this in mind for a future quick get away . I packed in a carry on and still came home with two outfits I did not wear .The only negative thing I would say is the music by the pool deck was way too loud but since we are not hang around the pool people it really did not matter.

Laurie , I was looking at the picture with your print blouse and I was thinking I really like that blouse . I then remembered I have that blouse and I like it a lot . Be careful when you wash it mine shrank .

Margaret , I just got the JJill fall catalogue . Loved some of the fashions but alas no need for them in Florida . I really enjoyed your Regal Princess review.

Melody , I hope you are doing better .

Sally, you look wonderful! So happy and relaxed. I love the necklace you're wearing in the photo. We have never considered a short cruise for the same reason, the reputation for being a little wild. But, your experience has made me rethink that assumption. Plus I am an expert at packing for three or four days in a carryon. :)

I used to be a big fan of Coldwater Creek, but since they stopped having actual stores, I don't find the offerings as appealing. There are fewer things I would wear to work. But I think there are lots of things in jjill that would straddle work and casual wear for me.

Within one week our weather has gone from 80s to 30s. My winter coat is snug, which is great motivation to be counting calories again!

I'm speaking at a conference this weekend so I'm having those dreams where I've missed my plane or forgotten a test. Time to practice some more!

Yes, that shirt is by Cynthia Rowley. I was able to find it in Marshalls for $14.99, I think, and it's a great shirt. Love the colors! It goes with a lot. And even though clothing doesn't have to do double duty, that would look really nice with jeans or casual pants as well as with a suit.

Sally, I agree with Margaret - that's a wonderful necklace!

I don't mind the shorter cruises. You can get some great deals and sometimes, it can be a nice treat to get a junior suite on a 4 day cruise and just relax...it doesn't have to be all about the ports and excursions. If you get a good deal on airfare, you can always stay an extra day in the area. We did that to go to Kennedy Space Center on two occasions.

I think the weekend cruises are more apt to be be "party" cruises. But you know, I think I would definitely try a weekend cruise.

It looks like some of the major airlines have their airfare posted for next September, when we fly to San Juan. I'm a bit shocked at the high prices. I think I will wait a little longer, so I can see what Jet Blue has for rates.

I don't really want to change that cruise though...I've wanted to do a Southern Caribbean itinerary for a long time. It goes to St. Kitts, St. Thomas, Curacao, and Aruba. I am seeing a lot of beach time for that cruise. It will be a delayed 10th anniversary cruise. Our anniversary is in July, but the rates were so good for fall, we decided on a junior suite as a treat to ourselves.

Laurie, Southwest flies to San Juan now too. Those are some of my favorite islands. What ship are you on?

Sally, great necklace! I couldn't see it well on my phone. Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I really love that Cynthia Rowley shirt. I"m going to get a lot out of it.

Margaret, I know what you mean about a ship's size. For me, I think I really like the Voyager and Freedom classes for RCI. They are on the bigger end, yes. But we've had great service on both, and we are never bored at all. Allure was very big. We had a great cruise, but we felt it was too big, at times.

We love the Royal Promenade on Voyager and Freedom class, and we miss that the smaller classes don't have that. It's closed in, yes, but it doesn't feel claustrophobic. With Allure, it felt almost mall like at times.

No game today, it's a bye week. The struggle is real!

Had to buy a new iPad today, boy are they pricey!!! I decided to spend the extra $100 & upgraded to the iPad Pro 12.9" screen, now I just have to wait for it to arrive. My old ipad2 no longer accepts updates & I was tired of it kicking me out all the time.

Hope everyone has a safe Halloween. Melody

Sally...so fun to finally see you! We had such fun on the Fascination, which I think is the same class as Paradise. I recall thinking that the ship and everything about the sailing was well suited for the shorter cruise we were on. We had never sailed on Carnival...still is our only Carnival sailing, but the size of the ship...we settled right in...the crew was a blast...and part of the fun was experiencing the little differences that were Carnival and their way of cruising...really enjoyed ours, can totally relate to yours. Good memories.

Margaret, I really enjoyed your review. The pics of your hubby really are funny. I understand, but still, the comment about witness protection. OMG. And btw, you look fabulous in those pics. I really love you in blues/teals so much.

Melody...there' e been a few around that I've seen on those scooters, if that is what I'm familiar with and I can only imagine you on one. And it makes me laugh just to think about it.

Laurie...we are both on decades! Next July is our 20th wedding anniversary! Airfare is insane right now. We were a little late in looking at flights for April, but still, the cheap fares aren't/weren't cheap at all. That, and just our current living and working scenario (so different from a year plus ago), and I am somewhat sad to share that we will be canceling out Spring Break cruise. :(

We've changed our thought to renting a cabin in North Georgia and having a more relaxing kind of holiday. Which sounds funny when comparing to a cruise...maybe quieter? More sleeping without guilt at missing out on something? Fishing? Fire pit and campfire chats with some invited friends. That would be more descriptive.

Vero Beach was lovely weather. The event was a lot of fun and I was very happy to escape the hills and claustrophobic trees of my area and sink my toes into some family oriented beaches...even if the water was pretty chilly. I didn't bring a suit anyway and was plenty happy getting my feet wet and just hearing the roar of the ocean for a few hours.

Had to share...our oldest granddaughter & her high school marching band won best marching band in the state of Colorado last night! So excited, they've never won first place before!!! They also won high music & tied for general effect. Katie is a senior, she's the lead saxophonist (tenor & alto). As Anita well knows, many (many) hours of practice & competition go into this achievement. She's also lead sax in the Jazz Ensemble (her first love). Melody

Melody congratulations to you and your family! What a wonderful achievement for your granddaughter, and a lovely memory of high school she will always cherish. Their performance was very impressive!

I went to University of Michigan which is famous for its marching band. I loved their performances in "the big house" and I've always enjoyed a good marching band performance.

How exciting for you all!

Margaret, thanks, they're a talented group with the highest academic record in the state (all classifications) as well, combined grade point average of 4.2. My Dad played trumpet, sousaphone & tuba before becoming the band director at Northeastern University & Katie's other great granddad was the band director at Missouri. Skipped over me & my kids. Melody